• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member

More zhongli buffs : O
Eh, still doesn't really change anything about his character, they're just tacking on a ~15% damage buff to his shield. I wish they'd just trash the kit design and go back to the resonating death mixed elemental/phsyical damage that the original Zhongli was. At the very least they could have taken the heal off of his C6 and gave it to his base kit so you could run him in your team without a healer.

That Fischl gif perfectly sums it up, slightly more damage while the shield is applied to enemies in range when he deploys it. I still think he sucks given his lore in the game and the fact that he's a limited 5* archon, but who knows. I'm sure some Youtubers are sitting around with a scratchpad thinking of clickbait bullshit for their next "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING ABOUT ZHONGLI" video. Nobody wanted a 5* base "war god" defensive shield character.

Saber

Gold Member
Doesn't this has more to do with Geo characters in general?

My Noelle is strong, but only in terms of basic attacks. Her shield is defense oriented and I almost don't use her burst, because geo attribute in general sucks.

If anything, they need to revamp Geo element and make it less defensive. Let the kit of character decide what is dps or whats defensive.

BlackM1st

Banned
Doesn't this has more to do with Geo characters in general?

My Noelle is strong, but only in terms of basic attacks. Her shield is defense oriented and I almost don't use her burst, because geo attribute in general sucks.

If anything, they need to revamp Geo element and make it less defensive. Let the kit of character decide what is dps or whats defensive.
GEo is bad, yes.

BUT! You want Noelle at C6. At C6 she will be your 1 maid army.

Saber

Gold Member
My Noelle is at C6. I haven't used her much at all. Should I invest in her?

Shes defense oriented, so using at least one artifact with defense scaling is excellent(or secondary effect). Use her as a auto-attack damage healer while using her skill to allow you or any character to sustain damage. While using skill on her, she can trigger heals too.
The only application I barelly touch is her burst. As I said, geo element is not good offensive.

Shes one of my mains. She can deal great damage with Skyrider Greatsword(not difficult to find plus physical damage bonus and boost effect).

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
That guy makes every character sound amazing, but she really is a very good character at C6. Here's an example of a "Noelle battery comp" from a channel that goes into the math of the game:

That guy was also cringy af. But gave some useful info on Noelle.

Where are those days where you just had to get your character/weapon upgraded or get better weapon to be more powerful. These games have so much possibilities that it feels like you have to do complex math to come up with a great build and be more powerful.

x@3f*oo_e!

I haven't had a party without Noelle since I got her. Ability to group heal+attack felt like cheating at first Better than Barbara for healing imo

The only problem is she's so tanky I forget you still need to dodge with other claymore characters. Diluc just dies because I don't notice being hit - same situation Noelle is fine.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Shes defense oriented, so using at least one artifact with defense scaling is excellent(or secondary effect). Use her as a auto-attack damage healer while using her skill to allow you or any character to sustain damage. While using skill on her, she can trigger heals too.
The only application I barelly touch is her burst. As I said, geo element is not good offensive.

Shes one of my mains. She can deal great damage with Skyrider Greatsword(not difficult to find plus physical damage bonus and boost effect).

*Laughs (or maybe cries) in C6 Ning as main DPS*

I agree. Pyro is better but my Klee and Diluc are not leveled up so have to rely on Ning as the main DPS and others for support. I put Prototype Amber (Malice) on her so she both kills enemies and heals the team with her ult.

I have Skyrider, Whiteblind and Bell all leveled up so will try using those on Noelle.

I have many good characters but not enough mats to level them up. They should really up the exp we get from defeating enemies but I guess them they would lose money so would not happen anytime soon.

Fuz

Banned
g046lpq6y3861.jpg

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
You might try Whiteblind instead, as that seems to be the universal recommendation.

These games have so much possibilities that it feels like you have to do complex math to come up with a great build and be more powerful.
That's why I like that channel, as they do a lot of math in figuring out what is best. In the battery comp video that I posted, that's also only a C2 Noelle with very underwhelming artifacts. You can rewind a bit from the time stamp to see the gear he's using, which again isn't great. C6 with better gear would be much more effective. If you have other Geo characters that you like, and you like her play style, I'd say you should build her. If not, she's always an option if you'd like to try something new.

Pejo

Gold Member
That guy makes every character sound amazing, but she really is a very good character at C6. Here's an example of a "Noelle battery comp" from a channel that goes into the math of the game:

The thing about this type of video is that it's being completely dishonest from the onset. If you make an entire team comp with the idea to showcase a character, you can make literally any character look like a monster, even Lisa or C.DMG Amber. That said, even with all of that setup, you'd be much further ahead and clearing faster by mashing buttons with Diluc or using literally any non-amber Fire character in that particular domain. This only helps people that can't think for themselves and need to be told what to do for everything. Noelle is a great character, but mostly for her shield, tankiness to eat stuff that's hard/glitchy to avoid, and topping the party off if they need heals. She can do decent to good damage while her super is up, but it just makes no sense to build the whole team around a character that does 1.5-3k hits. Any offensive built claymore can do this without their super full time without any special needs for the rest of your comp.

Anyways, I love Noelle for what she does well, and she's usually in my main party, but she's not a DPS god or anything like that. She's great for small bursts of healing/damage and her shield. If I'm playing Childe optimally, her burst lasts just long enough for his cooldown to be up/nearly up, so I can swap him back in with full health and do some real damage.

Dregnel

xiao will be using a different a new ascension material, this a new boss but it looks like you still need to kill the cube for some gems...
SK7mT8a.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
xiao will be using a different a new ascension material, this a new boss but it looks like you still need to kill the cube for some gems...
SK7mT8a.jpg
On one hand good, the existing elemental bosses are beyond boring at this point, but if the new boss doesn't drop shards, that's an even bigger middle finger because you still have to fight the old ones then. Or wait for shops/quests I guess?

deanote666

Gold Member
Does anyone know if the free Barbs are still available?

I have someone that started at version 1.0,didn't play it for awhile, and just reached AR20 and didn't get any. They're still early in the story so I don't think they completed A Long Shot quest yet.

Pejo

Gold Member
Does anyone know if the free Barbs are still available?

I have someone that started at version 1.0,didn't play it for awhile, and just reached AR20 and didn't get any. They're still early in the story so I don't think they completed A Long Shot quest yet.
I think there's still one ongoing free Barb (permanent). The rank 20 thing specifically was a launch thing though. Not sure what the requirements are for the permanent one since you can't see it if you already claimed her.

*edit* - yep, wiki has the info:

Barbara is a playable character in Genshin Impact. She is received for free in the Baptism of Song Event for completing A Long Shot during the Prologue Act III: Song of the Dragon and Freedom.

Last edited:
I'm torn whether to pull on this banner anymore. I don't want Albedo (he looks like a weirdo and uses a flower elevator) but I do want one more Bennett to get to C1.

I'm 12 wishes from pity with a 50/50 chance on the character banner. I guess I'll just have to wait for another Bennett some other way. If I do pull there's a chance I get Albedo and don't get another Bennett at all, at which point I'd be extremely pissed off.

Also happy to hear about more Zhongli buffs. My kid had pulled him and I had to pretend like the character was good when he's actually complete shit. Now I can tell my kid he's going to be one of the best characters in the game soon without lying so that'll make him happy. Makes me wish I had pulled for him now. I actively avoided pulling for him though because of how bad he was.

Last edited:

sandkiller

I'm torn whether to pull on this banner anymore. I don't want Albedo (he looks like a weirdo and uses a flower elevator) but I do want one more Bennett to get to C1.

I'm 12 wishes from pity with a 50/50 chance on the character banner. I guess I'll just have to wait for another Bennett some other way. If I do pull there's a chance I get Albedo and don't get another Bennett at all, at which point I'd be extremely pissed off.

Also happy to hear about more Zhongli buffs. My kid had pulled him and I had to pretend like the character was good when he's actually complete shit. Now I can tell my kid he's going to be one of the best characters in the game soon without lying so that'll make him happy. Makes me wish I had pulled for him now. I actively avoided pulling for him though because of how bad he was.
Yeah i was on The same page. Got Bennett up to C2 and was happy to stop.
Then I upgraded the tree to level 5 and received 2 fates. I decided to go ahead and do 2 single wishes...
Got Albedo (almost at pity) and Mona C1....

Pejo

Gold Member

Are you 12 pulls from 90 or 12 from 75? If you're 12 from 75 then you're probably ok. That said, Benny will always be a possibility on the standard banner, no sense risking your pity if you're F2P.

So I was reading up on the leaks of Hu Tao. I guess she's one of those inevitable "does more damage as HP gets lower" characters that video game developers think that anybody enjoys. Her Skill supposedly eats 30% of her max HP and then her Burst does damage based on HP% missing, and heals afterwards. Seems pretty synergistic I guess but I hate managing that crap. She's going to have to be a lot of fun to play to get me to pull for that kind of character. It still bums me out that she got turned into a 5*, that type of kit would be fun to play around with on a 4*, but 5* is too much investment for a gamble character, IMO.

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah i was on The same page. Got Bennett up to C2 and was happy to stop.
Then I upgraded the tree to level 5 and received 2 fates. I decided to go ahead and do 2 single wishes...
Got Albedo (almost at pity) and Mona C1....
I think you mean level 6 tree. Level 5 only gives standard wishes and they can't roll Albedo. Still, crazy luck if you got back to back 5*s, congrats.
lol hopeful Xiao mains getting dunked on before he's even out.

Fuz

Banned

Kind of same Boat. I want Bennet but I'm not gonna pull on Albedo's banner. I'll wait.

Anyway, I've hit 45 and I'm thinking about not doing the world advancement quest. Enemies are spongy enough as they are and I don't want to invest too much in the team I have right now, I hope to pull some 5* I actually *like* and invest on him. Mayeb I'll wait at least on the Dragonspine event end?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

crumbs

Kind of same Boat. I want Bennet but I'm not gonna pull on Albedo's banner. I'll wait.

Anyway, I've hit 45 and I'm thinking about not doing the world advancement quest. Enemies are spongy enough as they are and I don't want to invest too much in the team I have right now, I hope to pull some 5* I actually *like* and invest on him. Mayeb I'll wait at least on the Dragonspine event end?

Thoughts?
I'm at AR45 and I'm also holding off until after Dragonspire. I want to get my 2 main DPS units to around Lvl 80 and have my "most used" support units ascended to the point where all their passive talents are unlocked. I'll probably keep banking EXP books, ascension materials, weapon materials, etc until I get bored and then do the ascension quest.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Thoughts?

I think it's a good strategy. I keeping myself capped at AR 45 so I don't have too much of a hassle while I slowly gear up characters. I'll rank up once I have a full 2 teams.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member

Thoughts?
s8b8E2n.jpg

Exactly what I did. I've been level 45 for about a month now, give or take. I'm building up every character I have that I want to play as far as levels/ascensions/talents/weapons. Once I get them all maxed out (maybe not talents, we'll see), then I'll uncap and likely be blasted directly to AR55 and WL7. I wouldn't bother farming specifically for artifacts until you uncap 45 though, since every run at the higher level guarantees 1 gold artifact. I have a friend that uncapped 45 and the rewards they get are almost identical to the ones I get, outside of domains, so I see absolutely no rush to uncap.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I've been level 40ish for the last month (or more) since I also see no reason to advance.

Fake

They should warn the player about the consequences of increase your AR. The monster get so much stronger and the drops so much shits that is almost not necessary increase your adventure rank.

My AR is now at 50 after 1 month of AR 45, my chars are in their max level, but the increase in his status are so fucking mediocre in comparison of what monster get leveling up their AR.

Not only that, but the information about AR lvl up is misleding, monster don't drop better itens, AR just unlock the itens they're supposed to drop since the beggining.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
They should warn the player about the consequences of increase your AR. The monster get so much stronger and the drops so much shits that is almost not necessary increase your adventure rank.

My AR is now at 50 after 1 month of AR 45, my chars are in ther max level, but the increase in his status are so fucking mediocre in comparison of what monster get leveling up their AR.

Not only that, but the information about AR lvl up is misleding, monster don't drop better itens, AR just unlock the itens they're supposed to drop since the beggining.
Gacha gonna gacha.

They want you to have troubles so you'll spend more.

crumbs

Maybe the devs should have put a quest on every WL increase to help players avoid the big jump from potentially skipping a WL. Unless you do the ascension quest right after it becomes available, you're probably going to end up skipping a WL when you actually get around to the Ascension quest. This happened to me with the first ascension quest and I was not really prepared to jump from WL 1 to WL 3. I learned from that mistake and was much better prepared when the next ascension quest popped up.

At the moment, there isn't a strong incentive to advance past AR45. There isn't any story/character content that requires a higher AR. The main things locked past AR45 would be ascending characters and weapons past 80, but the reason you would do that is so you can compete at the higher WL, so the logic for advancing becomes pretty circular.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I find it more of an advantage to stay locked at a lower AR level until you can just boost everyone to lvl90 as soon as you raise World Level. It's also helpful to have a lower World level when you get new characters IMO.

Only other way I'd increase World level is if story content demanded it....which it doesn't atm.

At AR45 the domains have trials with 5* artifacts you can get and I've seen no indication that higher World level increases the drop chance or gives you better artifacts rolls. Meaning artifacts with 4 substats at +0.

You can argue you should so you can reach the lvl 90 cap and tackle the Spiral Abyss....but I don't care about the Abyss at all so it's pretty pointless to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom