• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member

LOL "New Albedo tech changes EVERRYYYTHINNNGG"
*use skill twice in a row
WOOOOOOWWW. My life will never be the same. I f'ing hate youtuber clickbait shit. No offense to you though LegendOfKage LegendOfKage , it's worth noting that you can do this, but it doesn't change a single thing about him or his kit, or even put him in the top 10 burst damage category.

btw there's mini version of the last three mages in the challenged .. turn right (left) outside encampment along the river - there's an unmarked sword on a little island with a time trial .. still have finished that either .

yep - three waves of ice archers then 2+1 ice+hydro mages + everywhere ice somewhere to fall in water ..

Just me and Xiangling. Not even got Bennet. Got 30,000 primogems though - maybe I should spend them..
This fight took me two tries but the first time I got shat on from orbit. I was not expecting it at all. Second time I brought Qiqi and Amber of all things. Her Baron Bunny allowed me time to snipe those mages off of their ice pedestals and then I was able to squish them with Diluc. Qiqi was just there for the heals, since she can apply talisman and then my Diluc can heal himself. Those nonstop icicles from the ceiling and the cold mechanic building super fast because of water were the real pain in the ass. That and the fatui part were probably the toughest encounters of the new area.

Dregnel

Jean was my first 5 star, and I love her survivability, from her passive team healing, knockback for crowd control and her healing air special. I scored the best sword for her too, one that releases a gust of wind once every 15 seconds of damage, that heals 100% attack stat of hp, and does 200% attack damage to surrounding enemies.

Pumped some wishes last night to see if I could fill out my team, and got Albedo on his banner and Diluc on the normal. Would've liked Klee since people are raving about her, but now I feel set to save until a character I really like comes out.

i'm not sure if they nerfed it but i used to kill the monsters when I was pushing them off a very high mountain, now they just teleport to me...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
i'm not sure if they nerfed it but i used to kill the monsters when I was pushing them off a very high mountain, now they just teleport to me...

They survived the fall. Fall damage scales based on enemy HP. Lower level they will die more often. Higher level not so much.

Far better to take them swimming.

----------------

A bunch of the streamers/Ytubers are a bunch of clickbait people I've found...most builds are centered around having a 5 star max refine weapon(lol) and very very good RNG rolled 5 star artifacts. With desired main and substats.

A lot of their titles are meant to get views and usually have little noteworthy information(most of it being misinformation). There is only a few vids I've seen that were helpful.

Those being guides on where to find stuff and the occasional gameplay techniques you can pull off with characters.

Such as Jean being able to do constant Anemo damage with her Q and E by pulling enemies in and out of the AoE circle, along with comboing her strong attack into her E for double fall damage or Diluc's Normal and E weaving for big combo's. Using flaming grass to automatically perfect counter as Beidou is another. Lots of nuance to learn with each character.

An easy one with Mona is tap her E to send out her attack normally or hold it down to send out the attack at your location and teleport backwards a few feet for on the spot dodging.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
LOL "New Albedo tech changes EVERRYYYTHINNNGG"
*use skill twice in a row
WOOOOOOWWW. My life will never be the same. I f'ing hate youtuber clickbait shit. No offense to you though LegendOfKage LegendOfKage LegendOfKage LegendOfKage , it's worth noting that you can do this, but it doesn't change a single thing about him or his kit, or even put him in the top 10 burst damage category.
It's worth noting the full video title has a "/s" sarcasm indication that can't be seen until you read the whole thing. The full video title:

"New Albedo Tech CHANGES EVEERYTTTHIIING!!! /s - Genshin Impact Guide and Build"​

Aside from that, it's just a nice bit of tech to get a little more damage for those who are using the character.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
do you need c2 for this build?
I would hope not, because it wasn't mentioned, and mainly seems to depend on a 3 star sword. Either way, I'd think of this as an interesting build for those who ended up getting the character rather than a compelling reason why you should try to get the character. I don't think anything is going to make Albedo a top tier five star.

BlackM1st

Banned
Damn shorts. Can't believe MiHo is angry about this "leak" lol
RxrzHea.jpg
X5Kf9Tz.jpg
Ei4auOe.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
btw what happened in the Guyun village quest - I find a chamber with tons of ruin guards/treasure .. then go back to see the old lady village chief at the village and tell here @we didn't see/find anything@ . I think I missed something
You did not. She's just happy that it was empty because it means that dark beast is still dead. iirc there's a little girl waiting for the awakening of the ancient beast by the giant tree.

puffzor

Banned
btw there's mini version of the last three mages in the challenged .. turn right (left) outside encampment along the river - there's an unmarked sword on a little island with a time trial .. still have finished that either .

yep - three waves of ice archers then 2+1 ice+hydro mages + everywhere ice somewhere to fall in water ..

Just me and Xiangling. Not even got Bennet. Got 30,000 primogems though - maybe I should spend them..
Nothing on the banner helps with this. I would advise using noelle to shield yourself. Helps a lot.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She looks great, still skipping until signora; I'll prolly just get her from the starglitter shop.
I was thinking the same thing but I already rolled 2 5 stars.

F unless I just do my dailies and save up until March. OR until I'm motivated enough to level up my equipment. (no)

Fuz

Banned
Anyone already beat that challenge inside the montain?
Razor, Qiqi, Xinthingie (the cook) and FIschl. Bit of trouble but done in a few tries.
Razor is 79, Fischl 50 but the rest of the party was severely underleveled with lvl 1 weapons. BE sure to have 3 spirits and just lure the 3 mages away from the water and near a source of heat.

Last edited:

Saber

During this new banner I got 1 Sacarose, 1 Fishl and one Kaeya.

I'm pretty happy so far, mainly for sweet Sacarose and Fishl.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Well fuck her too if they changed her to 5*, guess I can keep saving my starglitter as well.
They want to make more money, it is obvious if we see albedo banner without 4* only and how similar the concept is compared to the traveler, ganyu feels like an amber.

x@3f*oo_e!

You did not. She's just happy that it was empty because it means that dark beast is still dead. iirc there's a little girl waiting for the awakening of the ancient beast by the giant tree.
oh ok - no live-dragon=empty then..

SE is Guyun Stone forest, NW should be Guyun, N maybe Wuwang Hill, The odd tree and little girl (with Shi Zhenzhi stone) is in Niantianmen (? SW), dunno about NE

Or maybe it's a completely different Dragon. Liyue history is confusing to me

Nothing on the banner helps with this. I would advise using noelle to shield yourself. Helps a lot.
Yeah. I got Ninguang too -Jade screen trivialise archers (but not icicles too), but restricts me to mostly catalyst/elemental reactions (got fischl too so that could help). I doubt Ninguang would ever be quick enough on her own.

x@3f*oo_e!

They want to make more money, it is obvious if we see albedo banner without 4* only and how similar the concept is compared to the traveler, ganyu feels like an amber.
Game already has more playable characters than Honkai Impact i think .. 7 elements (6 if you ignore Dendro) x 5 weapon types = 30-35 total - it seems this is where we are heading.. (some of these already have doubles - ice sword, fire clamore - so even more)

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Mihoyo is angry because one of the beta testers broke their contract by spreading word about this stuff. To which they signed an agreement not to.

-------------------

If by some chance they make Rosaria a 5 star as opposed to a 4 star I might just skip and wait on Signora myself too.

To get your designated 5 star character and max constellations you'll need on average 201k gems/1260 wishes. >_>

If you keep Welkin Blessing active and do commissions every day you could get that in about 45 weeks give or take.

Pejo

Gold Member
Wait i thought hu tao was gonna be a 5*
Man I hope not. I don't like this trend of no new 4*s on new banners. There should be mandatory 1 new 4* every limited 5* banner. She started out in the betas as a 4*, but then again so did Mona.
Mihoyo is angry because one of the beta testers broke their contract by spreading word about this stuff. To which they signed an agreement not to.

-------------------

If by some chance they make Rosaria a 5 star as opposed to a 4 star I might just skip and wait on Signora myself too.

To get your designated 5 star character and max constellations you'll need on average 201k gems/1260 wishes. >_>

If you keep Welkin Blessing active and do commissions every day you could get that in about 45 weeks give or take.
You got a link to the leaks? I haven't seen them yet. Also, yea, they better not make every single new character a limited 5* banner, that'd be bullshit.

Welp, I'm already back to logging in for dailies and burning resin. It's kinda a shame the way they structured this update, to incentivize everyone to grind through it as fast as possible to get rank 8 trees and do the event. They should have given us a week to casually explore at our own pace. If you do that now though, you're missing out on the Crimson Wishes which means you get your catalyst recipe later.

What level do you guys have your tree? I'm at level 9 with 4 agates towards level 10. I only got 5 crimson wishes this week instead of the available 10, so I guess that means I "found" 89 of them in chests and in the world. Wonder how many there are. I'm sure I'm still missing a few, but it seems that they expect to make you grind out the last 2 or 3 levels over a few weeks to bridge content gaps. Maybe there's 90 total to be found and then the last 30 you need to grind out at 10 per week or something like that.

Anyway, I got fed up trying to use Diluc on the mountain, so I switched up my main party a bit just for this area to be Childe/Xinyan/Xiangling/Jean. It's really really strong as long as there's no grass to catch on fire, where it becomes kind annoying. Xinyan is a better support than she looks on paper. She scales up physical damage, which Childe does 0 of ideally, but her fire shield is still a huge boon for Vaporize procs and is fairly easy to get to level 3 except on 1v1 battles. I put the sacrificial claymore on her, so I can get her burst up pretty quickly too which automatically gives level 3 shield, and is fun to use. She's not perfect as a support, but I'm seeing her uses. Of course this means I'm back to the leveling grind for her. Got her to level 49 so far which has been fine for her limited role of making a shield and peacing out for Childe's damage mode. The extra attack % from pyro resonance is awfully nice too, else I wouldn't have both her and Xiangling in the same party. Gouba is such a retarded animal. If he was mobile and homing he'd be great, but the fact that he picks campfires over enemies half the time is really damn annoying when he auto targets. It's also annoying to try to light braziers with him, if they're just a little bit off the ground.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Man I hope not. I don't like this trend of no new 4*s on new banners. There should be mandatory 1 new 4* every limited 5* banner. She started out in the betas as a 4*, but then again so did Mona.

You got a link to the leaks? I haven't seen them yet. Also, yea, they better not make every single new character a limited 5* banner, that'd be bullshit.

Welp, I'm already back to logging in for dailies and burning resin. It's kinda a shame the way they structured this update, to incentivize everyone to grind through it as fast as possible to get rank 8 trees and do the event. They should have given us a week to casually explore at our own pace. If you do that now though, you're missing out on the Crimson Wishes which means you get your catalyst recipe later.

What level do you guys have your tree? I'm at level 9 with 4 agates towards level 10. I only got 5 crimson wishes this week instead of the available 10, so I guess that means I "found" 89 of them in chests and in the world. Wonder how many there are. I'm sure I'm still missing a few, but it seems that they expect to make you grind out the last 2 or 3 levels over a few weeks to bridge content gaps. Maybe there's 90 total to be found and then the last 30 you need to grind out at 10 per week or something like that.

Anyway, I got fed up trying to use Diluc on the mountain, so I switched up my main party a bit just for this area to be Childe/Xinyan/Xiangling/Jean. It's really really strong as long as there's no grass to catch on fire, where it becomes kind annoying. Xinyan is a better support than she looks on paper. She scales up physical damage, which Childe does 0 of ideally, but her fire shield is still a huge boon for Vaporize procs and is fairly easy to get to level 3 except on 1v1 battles. I put the sacrificial claymore on her, so I can get her burst up pretty quickly too which automatically gives level 3 shield, and is fun to use. She's not perfect as a support, but I'm seeing her uses. Of course this means I'm back to the leveling grind for her. Got her to level 49 so far which has been fine for her limited role of making a shield and peacing out for Childe's damage mode. The extra attack % from pyro resonance is awfully nice too, else I wouldn't have both her and Xiangling in the same party. Gouba is such a retarded animal. If he was mobile and homing he'd be great, but the fact that he picks campfires over enemies half the time is really damn annoying when he auto targets. It's also annoying to try to light braziers with him, if they're just a little bit off the ground.
There are only 79 agates in the map. Rest 10 are from crimson wishes.

Pejo

Gold Member
There are only 79 agates in the map. Rest 10 are from crimson wishes.
Not saying you're wrong, but that number doesn't add up. I just unlocked level 8 for crimson wishes last night, so I only was able to do 5 wishes for agates this week. I have 94 total agates (unless the first level was only 5 instead of 10 or something) in the first week. Subract 5 from the Monday Crimson Wishes, so I found 89 so far. My gf who had off work all week last week has 96, since she also had the Monday crimson wishes, but she is missing a few that I have found.

MNqYXMW.png

*edit - I think maybe I'm counting wrong because the tree opens up at level 1 instead of level 0, which would make all of this make sense.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
ya tree starts at 1. just need 70 to unlock the crimson wish, which gives you 5 per week. (just 70 lol...)

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Not saying you're wrong, but that number doesn't add up. I just unlocked level 8 for crimson wishes last night, so I only was able to do 5 wishes for agates this week. I have 94 total agates (unless the first level was only 5 instead of 10 or something) in the first week. Subract 5 from the Monday Crimson Wishes, so I found 89 so far. My gf who had off work all week last week has 96, since she also had the Monday crimson wishes, but she is missing a few that I have found.

MNqYXMW.png

*edit - I think maybe I'm counting wrong because the tree opens up at level 1 instead of level 0, which would make all of this make sense.
I think open world has more Red Agates than you need for lvl 8.

I personally found extra 2 in the chests with golden loot boxes after I already did 10 missions for the tree.

Zenaku

One thing I like about Albedo is that you don't have to use him. Just activate his E and switch characters, enjoy the free shields and the extra damage. Not having the characters I want to fill out my team (or the items to level them up) the extra defence and slight damage boost without having to use a weaker character are nice.

Also got the new area to 100%, only area in the game I have fully completed (though I don't know if all chests and the like are factored in to that, but still).

Fake

Most of the geo chars are supports, don't matter if they're intended to be offensive.

Is the nature of being a geo element.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

No real concrete links. It's info gleaned from a Chinese forum called Tieba. But the information is from current datamines so I dunno. I think the leaker getting caught and sued does mean the information is credible however. But things could easily change.

We have the splash art alongside a ingame shot of Hu Tao holding their fire lance. Along with gameplay information that a few Youtube streamers have covered.

But since these are leaks and subject to change I'm not going to put too much thought into them.

BJK

Game gifted me QiQi off the standard banner for Christmas pity. Should have her to Lv. 70 today. Gave her the event sword for the extra ER, since it gets an XP boost during the event. I do have an undeveloped sacrificial sword I might try to use in the long run. Was hoping for either her or Jean, to have a 2nd healer when I’m ready to tackle the Abyss.

Also hit AR50 / WL7 this weekend. Childe main is Lv. 90 already, Zhongli & Fischl (c1) have also ascended, with Xiangling (c2) still sitting at 80 & Barbara (c4) and MC sitting at 70. Ningguang (c5) is still sitting @50...but with Childe (lieutenant insignias) and Zhongli (geo material) finally done, I can start working on her as main DPS #2 in a few weeks.

Saber

Anyone else thinks that this is bullshit?

QPGigGt.jpg

This appears for my brother but not for me since I already cleared Abysm

It sounds more like "Please, don't forget Abysm! Please try it". I'm pretty sure most of players don't give a crap about Abysm, and for good reason.

Zenaku

bullshit abyss challenge
Do people not like it? I did floor 5 earlier with an underlevelled team and had the most fun I've had in the game so far, and I've been really enjoying it. It's a nice challenge, hope to do at least 1 more floor.

So nothing really respawns on the overworld from what I can tell, just started playing the other day though. That's kind of annoying, and makes me not really want to bother. That and the no invert Y options for mouse and keyboard.

BlackM1st

Banned
So nothing really respawns on the overworld from what I can tell, just started playing the other day though. That's kind of annoying, and makes me not really want to bother. That and the no invert Y options for mouse and keyboard.
Respawn is every 24 hours. You need only for farm, there's no exp to get from the mobs.

x@3f*oo_e!

So people who already finished the Abyss don't get the gems, and me, who's too low level to get past floor 4/5 can't either.

..I thought it would be a free 2400 gems for anyone who already completed the challenge .. looks like I'm too innocent for video game.

that's BS if true

[edit - is the event special conditions in the Abyss .. maybe the new sword works there too temporarily ..?]

Last edited:

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Wait. It is? So it's not a time-limited extra?

No. it is the total primo gems and other rewards you get for getting 3 stars in all the floors. So all in all this is not even a special event or something, it is just promoting spiral abyss and persuading people to play it. That is why people who have already completed it are not getting it in their menu.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Mobs respawn daily, plants. and minerals.. not sure how often, I think a few days or so? Chests don't respawn.
No. it is the total primo gems and other rewards you get for getting 3 stars in all the floors. So all in all this is not even a special event or something, it is just promoting spiral abyss and persuading people to play it. That is why people who have already completed it are not getting it in their menu.
This is good.

Saber

Do people not like it? I did floor 5 earlier with an underlevelled team and had the most fun I've had in the game so far, and I've been really enjoying it. It's a nice challenge, hope to do at least 1 more floor.

I cant remember for sure, but theres a Reedit comment saying about Genshin Impact players data(includes favorite characters, worst enemies, etc). And I think Abysm player contability is pretty low, alongside the number of players who are training 8 or more characters.

Top Bottom