• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
players who are training 8 or more characters
aint nobody got time for that GIF

x@3f*oo_e!

Do people not like it? I did floor 5 earlier with an underlevelled team and had the most fun I've had in the game so far, and I've been really enjoying it. It's a nice challenge, hope to do at least 1 more floor.

It's ok. It's out of the way I forget it exists

Timed challenges make it tough/impossible with underlevelled party - I could fine tune a party for slime/fatui killing/whatever but it just seems a bit of a chore to do.

I wish it were more of a 'just stay alive' challenge, not a fan of timers generally

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
this my gripe with this game, the xp books i'm stuck in floor 10 because my second team is lv 60.
How did you get to floor 10 with lv60 ppl?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant remember for sure, but theres a Reedit comment saying about Genshin Impact players data(includes favorite characters, worst enemies, etc). And I think Abysm player contability is pretty low, alongside the number of players who are training 8 or more characters.
I would think Abyss playability is low because players realize there's no real point in struggling through it when you can just wait until your teams are 80-90 to just plow through it with relative ease.
That's basically what I've been doing lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You can probably solo abyss with max investment Noelle tho.

Team 1: Characters you care about

Team 2: Noelle

---------------

To clarify the event for SA IS bullshit. If they want players to care that aren't whales every month every floor's rewards should reset instead of just floors 8-12...which require heavy investment in 8 or more characters.

Which only whales have the resources for.

Only reason people did the early floors is because you only need 1 team and you got a character out of the deal too.

Dregnel

You can probably solo abyss with max investment Noelle tho.

Team 1: Characters you care about

Team 2: Noelle

---------------

To clarify the event for SA IS bullshit. If they want players to care that aren't whales every month every floor's rewards should reset instead of just floors 8-12...which require heavy investment in 8 or more characters.

Which only whales have the resources for.

Only reason people did the early floors is because you only need 1 team and you got a character out of the deal too.

are you sure? with a noel with c0 ?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
are you sure? with a noel with c0 ?
Not as viable. Might be able to do a bit better with just a C1. Mostly comes down to having really good artifacts. If you want a true solo Noelle you'll probably need the full C6. I only have C3 myself but have no artifacts.

Her BiS weapon is Whiteblind. F2P craftable.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Man building a single character from 70-80 is such a slog. I hope phase 2 of this event has a ton of xp books to buy since the shop is basically only a few types of items for this part. Very close to 2 full teams of level 80, then it's time to level talents and weapons. So far I've only done them on my 3 "carry" DPS, Childe, Diluc, and Razor. That new free claymore is so good for Razor though, I had to max ascend it for him asap. Loving the extra physical damage.

It's such a bummer that MHY incentivized everyone to go hard at Dragonspine because of events and crimson wishes. I really wanted to take my time but that wasn't an option if I wanted to stay with the curve. They should have waited until this coming Monday to start the event, to give everyone a week to just soak up the main quest and exploration. Then opened up Crimson wishes at the tail end of the event, or not tie it to getting rank 8 tree regardless.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Man building a single character from 70-80 is such a slog. I hope phase 2 of this event has a ton of xp books to buy since the shop is basically only a few types of items for this part. Very close to 2 full teams of level 80, then it's time to level talents and weapons. So far I've only done them on my 3 "carry" DPS, Childe, Diluc, and Razor. That new free claymore is so good for Razor though, I had to max ascend it for him asap. Loving the extra physical damage.

It's such a bummer that MHY incentivized everyone to go hard at Dragonspine because of events and crimson wishes. I really wanted to take my time but that wasn't an option if I wanted to stay with the curve. They should have waited until this coming Monday to start the event, to give everyone a week to just soak up the main quest and exploration. Then opened up Crimson wishes at the tail end of the event, or not tie it to getting rank 8 tree regardless.
I have been ALL OVER that damn mountain, cleared all the quests (that I know of I guess) and still don't have enough to get that tree to level 8. I have been farming dragons teeth every 48 hours as well...guess I am going to have to use a map to track down each shard.

Fake

So,there is a person who posted a survey on this subreddit,and i looked at it,and found some interesting facts.Here is the original post

Fact #1:There are more Mobile players than PS4 players.

Fact #2:Server distribution is almost Equal for all 3 main regions(America,Europe and Asia)

Fact #3: Almost 91% of the players have their Game Language set to english,With a voice over Split almost 50/50 between English and japanese.

Fact #4:Klee has the least pulled Banner,with Zhongli being the highest one.

Fact #5:There are more people that own Zhongli than people that own Diluc,and klee is again at the bottom of the list.

Fact#6:The top 4 most used Party members are as follows:Fischl(42.9% of the votes),followed by bennet(32.8%),Xiangling is third with 22.3% and Diluc in 4th place with 21.8%.Lisa is the least used character(1.5%)

Fact #7:Zhongli won as the People Favorite Character receiving 11.8% of the votes,With Keqing coming second with 9.5%,and Tartaglia at 8.1% with klee(6.9%) and venti(5.3%) closing the top 5

Fact#8:Almost 90% of the players that took part in that survey are Very Satisfied with the events MiHoYo launched up to this point.

Last edited:

Rikku-X

I have been ALL OVER that damn mountain, cleared all the quests (that I know of I guess) and still don't have enough to get that tree to level 8. I have been farming dragons teeth every 48 hours as well...guess I am going to have to use a map to track down each shard.
A lot are in chests with the red glowing thing around them. That you need to kill a boss or do a puzzel to open them.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Keep in mind that a good number of shards come from glowing red chests, which do not show up on the mini-map. Look at any event/battle/puzzle as a possible agate.

Pejo

Gold Member
Interesting post Fake Fake , that was a fun read. I think if they included a JP forum in that, Klee numbers would skyrocket. I'm also surprised that so many people use JP voiceovers. I can't stand Xinyan's english voice, but I like Paimon's a lot. Does anyone else switch to English for story quests and then switch to JP for daily grind type stuff, or am I the only one?

crumbs

Pulling for Zhongli over Klee, that's a rough one. I guess people could find the 4 stars on Zhongli's banner more appealing. Or maybe everyone used their wishes on the Venti banner and were cashed out when Klee showed up.

Also interesting to see Diluc up there on the "most used" considering his rarity and not being on any rate up banners.

Last edited:

Saber

Interesting post Fake Fake , that was a fun read. I think if they included a JP forum in that, Klee numbers would skyrocket. I'm also surprised that so many people use JP voiceovers. I can't stand Xinyan's english voice, but I like Paimon's a lot. Does anyone else switch to English for story quests and then switch to JP for daily grind type stuff, or am I the only one?

I was noticing that the most used characters are all Pyro elemental users. Maybe they can get an idea of how balancing by getting this data.

As for Paymon...can't say I agree. Paymon voice sounds forced and annoying. But on the other hand, the girl doing Paymon voice has a very charming voice. I love hearing her voice during their live event announcing this new area.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm not surprised that the more recent banners were pulled more often. Earlier banners don't stand a chance as long as the player base grows, and people spend more time in-game. The amount of people willing to spend money will keep increasing as well.

I am surprised at the popularity of the characters though. Childe, Zhongli and Albedo have all been uninteresting to me. Feels like I'm in opposite world.

Fuz

Banned
I'm also surprised that so many people use JP voiceovers. I can't stand Xinyan's english voice, but I like Paimon's a lot. Does anyone else switch to English for story quests and then switch to JP for daily grind type stuff, or am I the only one?
I use JP.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I use Japanese dubs because I know the VA's from other games/anime and are literal veterans outside 2 characters and it shows. I can't stand the ENG dub, same goes for Chinese and I just can't fuck with Korean. I always figured the Japanese dub was the default one seeing how much they advertised the voice actors or the fact the game company's slogan is literally tech otakus save the world.

Fake Fake , unofficial poll that is reddit related. I expected no less from them lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
I can confirm that I found 4 extra after lvl 8. 2 in the chests needed for opening a door and 2 in open world.

Fake

Already found. Enjoy.

Famitsu (a popular Japanese video game magazine) has released the results of its Genshin Impact fan survey for its January 2021 issue.​

- Survey Demographics: (Most responses are in their 20's, followed by 30's and 10's)

82% Male
18% Female
- Favorite Char

1.) Keqing/Kokusei (238 responses)
2.) Klee (207 responses)
3.) Diluc (156 responses)
4.) Qiqi/Nana (139 responses)
10.) Jean (85 responses)
9.) Barbara (89 responses)
8.) Noelle (101 responses)
7.) Fischl (107 responses)
6.) Mona (121 responses)
5.) Lumine/Hotaru/Traveler (Female) (131 responses)
- How many characters did you train as your main?

• 1: 3%
  • 2: 12%
  • 3: 14%
  • 4: 28%
  • 5: 18%
  • 6: 14%
  • 7: 4%
  • 8: 4%
  • More than 8: 3%
- Do you do Co-op/Multiplayer on a daily basis?

Yes: 31%
No: 69%
- Which characters do you use more often?

1.) Klee (225 responses)
2.) Keqing/Kokusei (217 responses)
3.) Diluc (202 responses)
4.) Venti (147 responses)
5.) Fischl (134 responses)
6.) Lumine/Hotaru/Traveler (Female) (110 responses)
7.) Noelle (107 responses)
8.) Qiqi/Nana (99 responses)
9.) Jean (87 responses)
10.) Razor (86 responses)
- What's your favorite weapon type?

1.) Swords (One-handed sword) (692 responses)
2.) Claymores (Two-handed sword) (622 responses)
3.) Catalyst (277 responses)
4.) Bow (173 responses)
5.) Polearms (86 responses)
- Which weapon type do you often use?

1.) Swords (One-handed sword) (699 responses)
2.) Claymores (Two-handed sword) (546 responses)
3.) Catalyst (363 responses)
4.) Bow (222 responses)
5.) Polearms (20 responses)
- Tell us which relic set you like the most in terms of design

1.) Gladiator's Finale (407 responses)
2.) Berserker (176 responses)
3.) Crimson Witch of Flames (Witch of the Blazing Flames) (175 responses)
4.) Wanderer's Troupe (Wandering Troupe of the Earth) (173 responses)
5.) Maiden Beloved (155 responses)
6.) Bloodstained Chivalry (96 responses)
7.) The Exile (84 responses)
8.) Martial Artist (77 responses)
9.) Retracting Bolide (65 responses)
10.) Noblesse Oblige (56 responses)
- Which enemies do you have the hardest time to deal with?

1.) Oceanid (Pure Water Spirit) (497 responses)
2.) Lupus Boreas (King of the North Wind, Dominator of Wolves) (250 responses)
3.) Stormterror Dvalin (231 responses)
4.) Ruin Hunter (110 responses)
5.) Cryo Abyss Mage (Magician of the Abyss, Ice) (103 responses)
6.) Stonehide Lawachurl (Rock-Helmeted King Hilichurl) (88 responses)
7.) Geo Hypostasis (Formless Rock) (85 responses)
8.) Fatui Skirmishers (64 responses)
9.) Ruin Guards (59 responses)
10,) Electro Hypostasis (Formless Lightning/Thunder) (52 responses)
- How far have you cleared the Spiral Abyss?
  • Abyssal Corridor Floors:
    • Uncleared 1st Floor : 174 responses
    • 1st Floor: 80 responses
    • 2nd Floor: 151 responses
    • 3rd Floor: 448 responses
    • 4th Floor: 274 responses
    • 5th Floor: 192 responses
    • 6th Floor: 206 responses
    • 7th Floor: 91 responses
    • 8th Floor: 106 responses
  • Abyssal Moon Spire Floors:
    • 9th Floor: 43 responses
    • 10th Floor: 32 responses
    • 11th Floor: 25 responses
    • 12th Floor: 28 responses
- What are some of the dishes in Genshin Impact that you would actually like to try?

1.) Sticky Honey Roast (Honey Sautéed Carrots and Meat): 204 responses
2.) Sweet Madame (Baked Chicken with Sweet Flower): 196 responses
3.) Jade Parcels (Jade Lucky Bag): 159 responses
4.) Mondstadt Hash Brown (Mondo-style hashed potatoes): 155 responses
5.) Adeptus' Temptation (Calypso Orchid/Fairy Slipper): 144 responses

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm not surprised that the more recent banners were pulled more often. Earlier banners don't stand a chance as long as the player base grows, and people spend more time in-game. The amount of people willing to spend money will keep increasing as well.

I am surprised at the popularity of the characters though. Childe, Zhongli and Albedo have all been uninteresting to me. Feels like I'm in opposite world.
Mobile players are more diverse than console players. Lots of girls were pulling for their husbandos. I personally met 1 who wanted Geosoyboy just for his coat/cape xD Can't say I blame them, to each his/her own.

But I blame everyone who plays in English. You sick fucks and should be ashamed.

JP or Death. For some reason English is never works for my animu

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes - I just don't get the fight.

I'm on autopilot farming hypostatis. no damage. Walk into water arena, get oneshotted by giant squirrel. I just can't stop them.
Just kill everything real quick friendo.

BlackM1st

Banned

I'm on autopilot farming hypostatis. no damage. Walk into water arena, get oneshotted by giant squirrel. I just can't stop them.
Sometimes it's not about what you can do, sometimes it's about what you should do. Did you tried to stop and let the train pass instead of ramming it head first? xD

Just use range characters and stay away.

Or pull for pirate waifu and just send all their DMG back in their fluffy faces.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member

From the comments:

Thanks for checking out the Video everyone!

We do REALLY like Alfredo and do think his release power level is healthy for the game. However when so many of our viewers have so little primogems to spare for pulling new units, it's hard to whole heartedly recommend a "balanced" unit when you could be saving for over powered ones like Venti or possible future 5 stars.

That being said Bennett IS A MUST PULL UNIT and is on the banner so maybe get a C0/C1 Bennett and if you pull albedo in the mean time he is a VERY GOOD UNIT.

We hope we did a good job presenting his strengths and weaknesses so that YOU have the information you need to make an informed decision on whether or not he is worth pulling for your unique situation and needs.

Last edited:

crumbs

The Oceanid can be annoying due to randomness of the enemies that are summoned. Sometimes you breeze through with the boars, squirrels, and the cranes. Next boss fight, you get multiple appearances during the same go of the frog and the sparrow and their AOE splash damage and explosion upon death.

The hypostatis and regisvine fights are very predictable in comparison.

CN is the default here, everything else is a dub.
Can't stand JP dubs in general, but here I'm extra grossed out because jpn vo always have to change chinese names to "their own", you can't just change someone's name mfkers!
Hate that shit in dynasty warriors too.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Why did I get Ning from the Albedo banner? I thought only the ones in the banner can be pulled. Did they change that?
It never worked that way. There's increased chances of pulling characters shown on the rate up banner, but you can get others too. When you pull a character that's not featured on the banner, your next 4 or 5 star pull is guaranteed to be one of the featured items.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Ningguang is not exclusive? The ones featured on the banner just have higher pull rates.

Oh okay. So far I never pulled any 4* who were not featured in that time limited banner so thought only those 4* were possible. My Ning is already at C6 so this was a complete waste of a 4* pull for me.

Fake

Because Squirrel are the most powerful of the bunch. They also heal. Use your best ice in combination with electro attacks.

Saber

Do people actually have trouble with the water thing?

I do because of the delay which elemental reactions occurs on them. If it wasn't for it, I would kill them in a matter of seconds. Also, squirrels damage is high and is still almost impossible to avoid water wave damage and self destruct damage from bird and frog, unless you have a geo elemental reaction on them.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I do because of the delay which elemental reactions occurs on them. If it wasn't for it, I would kill them in a matter of seconds. Also, squirrels damage is high and is still almost impossible to avoid water wave damage and self destruct damage from bird and frog, unless you have a geo elemental reaction on them.

create a mule with alot energy recharge then all you need is to use an ultimate when that thing is about to explode.

Pejo

Gold Member
Fun fact, you can get above the water bombs with Venti, probably Albedo and JohnLee too, but I haven't tested those 2. I remember there being a glitch that you couldn't place geo structures on top of the water floor, but not sure if they fixed it yet.

Water boss is definitely the hardest of the elemental bosses. The randomness of what you're facing combined with the seemingly constant electro charged floor really eats away at your HP, plus the fact that the water elementals can heal if you don't stay on them makes it annoying. I think the point it was the hardest for me was when I broke from world level 3 to 4, when I wasn't really prepared for the jump in damage and hp that world level 4 enemies had. When I finally uncap AR45 I'm suspecting it won't be that much harder in world level 7.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Have you tried using the Geo MC rock to hide behind or get on top to avoid the water wave damage. I've never tried so will try later today to see if that can help.

Top Bottom