• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Also how is goat a waifu lmao.
goat GIF

LOLCats

Banned
won the 50/50 pity and got ganyu. Also xiangling c5 and wiidsth in ~13 wishes, 7 fates existed so i still have over 18k primos lol.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
No dice yet. I dunno how many rolls, too many and got Xiangling like 4 fucking times.
If you wait an hour or so the history will update and you can count them. I'm not sure if you know that or not.

seriously count em next time so you know what to expect and when.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Eh 3000 in and nothing oh well. At least the next banner I choose to go for will give me a guaranteed (50%) 5 star.

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like Albedo's banner was an absolute flop considering all the GOAT pulls that happened here. And I already met 2 people with her online. 1 joined my game to hunt for carnivore flowers 10 minutes after banner changed xD

I met Albedo twice. Both were total bitches...

BlackM1st

Banned
Everydoby:
pulling and getting 5 stars left and right

me:
28this.jpg
Wait for the Xiao. I imagine things will be totally different then xD

Popular banners like this one leads to lots of empty pockets/0 prims. Most people will be too broke to afford Xiao. Same shit happened to Klee iirc. Everyone splurged at Anemo God so Klee became extremely rare.

BlackM1st

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if people skip Xiao for Hu Tao.
Well, that would be a giant mistake.

A cool looking and competent Demon killer at C0 is a better investment than an awkward 5☆ + her unique weapon. Shit is absolutely criminal. I'm afraid to think how many $$$ whales should spend to make Hu Tao work.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

A cool looking and competent Demon killer at C0 is a better investment than an awkward 5☆ + her unique weapon. Shit is absolutely criminal. I'm afraid to think how many $$$ whales should spend to make Hu Tao work.

Oh I think Hu Tao is going to be a whale go to if they foresee a max con character being pure powercreep.

But whales are going to buy out both characters I think. Especially content creators. Probably to spend a lot of money to make all that money back.

Plus the character specific weapons are tied to the weapon banners.

But something tells me more will gravitate to cute girl over monotone antisocial Almond boy.

Overall if we get two polearm users back to back I think people are going to do heavy research on their stats. Which will be the main driving point.

And Rosaria is set to be a Polearm so you have 3 Polearm units in the works.

LOLCats

Banned
I got Gamyu up to level 70 and talent level 6. had some time to spend with her... pretty fun, that ultimate stays up so long it's just got so much potential.

even with +0 artifacts she holds her own.

outta damn nectars...

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I think people want cute girls over twinks.

Maybe.

crumbs

My wishes today went about as well as I could hope. As expected, I was able to get Ganyu on the first 10 pull (around the soft pity) but I also got another constellation for XIngqiu (now at C2). Not really looking for more Noelle or Xiangling, so I stopped and will save the wishes for another time.

I leveled Ganyu up to 70 and decided to spend the normal wishes from ascending her (along with a couple from the BP). Ended up pulling another Fischl (C3) and Ningguang on 5 wishes.

Ningguang was really the only 4 star remaining that I wanted, so I'm very pleased to finally have her (My only other geo are the MC and Noelle). Unfortunately, I have very limited EXP resources so she won't be a priority for a while. We need another event similar to the meteor one where we can bank a bunch of EXP books.

BJK

I threw a 10-pull on the new banner, hoping for a Xiangling duplicate (mine’s C3, after getting one off-banner on my B-Day).
Got Cocogoat 30 draws after Zhongli...so my luck is pretty much done for this game.

I have a full Ice set, thanks to running the domain often enough on Childe, but I still will need a Crit rate circlet. Will need to make the Cryo vine a daily stop, since QiQi used up most of my ice resources. I also need to decide who gets which bow, between Ganyu (Compound?), Childe (Rust) & Fischl (Favonius), since those are my only 4-star bows right now. Curious to see how the number-crunchers project her.
Also, I feel as though I’ll need to save gems for when Skyward Harp is promoted on the weapon banner, mostly to benefit Childe (~40% Crit rate / 120% Crit damage at the moment), but also for the trickle down benefit.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I threw a 10-pull on the new banner, hoping for a Xiangling duplicate (mine’s C3, after getting one off-banner on my B-Day).
Got Cocogoat 30 draws after Zhongli...so my luck is pretty much done for this game.

I have a full Ice set, thanks to running the domain often enough on Childe, but I still will need a Crit rate circlet. Will need to make the Cryo vine a daily stop, since QiQi used up most of my ice resources. I also need to decide who gets which bow, between Ganyu (Compound?), Childe (Rust) & Fischl (Favonius), since those are my only 4-star bows right now. Curious to see how the number-crunchers project her.
Also, I feel as though I’ll need to save gems for when Skyward Harp is promoted on the weapon banner, mostly to benefit Childe (~40% Crit rate / 120% Crit damage at the moment), but also for the trickle down benefit.

Nah you'll be fine. F2P here. Didn't play for like 40 days total in the last month. Still got 3 5 stars (not counting the twins).

Save up again.

Also why use compound over protoype on goat?

BJK

Also why use compound over protoype on goat?

Mostly because it’s the one I have (albeit under leveled), though I still have a blank I may turn into prototype by the time I’m actually able to build her up to playable, since I’m AR51.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ganyu (Compound?), Childe (Rust) & Fischl (Favonius), since those are my only 4-star bows right now
I have only 1 besides Favonius.

Free rolls on standard banner gave me the Stringless... Actually that's the only thing standard banner gave me besides Beidou that I'm using. It's at refinement level 4 already 🙄 +42% on elemental skill/burst DMG 😅

I also have an insane amount of different 4 star swords D:

crumbs

I thought the Ganyu story quest was disappointing compared to some of the recent quests.

It started off interesting with the Adepti content, but ending with getting small business owners to rat each other out to the tax collectors felt less satisfying. Giving access to one business' tax filings to their competitor felt pretty sketchy. Probably some cultural differences at play, but it didn't feel particularly "heroic".

Last edited:

Pejo

I have to say, the fact that Ganyu can shoot the ground and get the AoE is a gamechanger for bow playstyles. I find myself liking her far more than I thought. Also, she absolutely murders Timmy's pigeons and those groups of 2-3 cranes. My fowl reserves are going through the roof. I slapped a bunch of level 1 artifacts and my level 60 Amos Bow on her at level 1, and she was already doing roughly the same damage as my level 70 Amber. Ouch.

BlackM1st

Banned
I have to say, the fact that Ganyu can shoot the ground and get the AoE is a gamechanger for bow playstyles. I find myself liking her far more than I thought. Also, she absolutely murders Timmy's pigeons and those groups of 2-3 cranes. My fowl reserves are going through the roof. I slapped a bunch of level 1 artifacts and my level 60 Amos Bow on her at level 1, and she was already doing roughly the same damage as my level 70 Amber. Ouch.
Also, do you have Mona?

I know everyone is exited for goats "melt" reactions with Mr big D, but I tried GOAT and Mona on some low level abyss challenges and wow, everything was frozen 99% of time xD

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to add all these character quests are but parts of longer future quests. (lit CH1 rn)

BlackM1st

Banned
GI should have a long term plan. After we unlock all regions we should move "up" to see the "real sky" that we see unfolding during start screen. It can easily take couple of years xD

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Didn't realise they release a storyline preview a while back, so inazuma (weebshit) is next, then sumeru (arabian nights), then fontaine (victorian/carnival), then natlan (spanish en fuego ppl), then snezhnaya (BASEDSIGNORA).
The natlan chapter piques my interest, the Iansan girl feels like a combination between Toph and Azula :pie_thinking:

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The entire game is weebshit friend. A bunch of Chinese otakus made it after all.

Natlan isn't spanish. But pre-spanish rape Central/South America. Snezhnaya is "Russia" but at the same time they are totally America not sure who the fuck they are trying to fool here.

Top Bottom