• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Silvawuff

X9KDCP8.png

Still have 20k primos left that i will keep hording for the next banner that might interest me. F2P Life!
Holy shit, congrats on the Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers!

Personally skipping this banner, but good luck for those of you pulling! Also I’m staying at AR 45 and leveling everyone I want to. I know it’ll probably bite me in the ass later but I don’t plan to jump WL until I’ve got enough to insta level my main comp.

Ixiah

Banned
Also I’m staying at AR 45 and leveling everyone I want to. I know it’ll probably bite me in the ass later but I don’t plan to jump WL until I’ve got enough to insta level my main comp.
At WL 7 my lv 80 team still beat everything, besides it also gives a 100% chance that you get 2 materials from weekly bosses.

LOLCats

Banned
Hah, try it for yourself. 1st/2nd level of Abyss is great to try new things and tactics.
ya just a big investment, i got her on the side from standard banner. i know she can be pretty great. but ive got childe, barbie and xingqu for water already...

i blew a pretty big wad on Ganyu... only have around 5m mora left.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Ganyu is an ultimate hunter. Boars, small critters or birds die by dozens. But...Try go fishing with her ppl. Either I'm going crazy or she gives you x2 "raw fish" from each fish. Even if she doesn't give you x2 raw fish, fishing with her is a breeze...

I'm going crazy. Good to know. After extensive testing(+50 fish lol) I see why I thought that she gives x2 raw fish slices. Girl's aoe is so strong that she kills fish that is almost impossible to see when you concentrate at the main target.

Last edited:

crumbs

Ganyu is an ultimate hunter. Boars, small critters or birds die by dozens. But...Try go fishing with her ppl. Either I'm going crazy or she gives you x2 "raw fish" from each fish. Even if she doesn't give you x2 raw fish, fishing with her is a breeze...

I'm going crazy. Good to know. After extensive testing(+50 fish lol) I see why I thought that she gives x2 raw fish slices. Girl's aoe is so strong that she kills fish that is almost impossible to see when you concentrate at the main target.

There's a certain irony in Ganyu being the top hunter since she's a vegetarian (if you listen to her "least favorite food" audio clip).

Aenima

When it rains Cocogoat, be like, "why no ones moving?"

Girl can pretty much spam her ultimate non stop. My Ganyu is still underleveled with all artifacts at level, 0 and she pretty much can troll hords of enemies, she just lacks damage for now. She gonna feel OP as freak when i get her artifacts to level 20 and start raising her talents.

BlackM1st

Banned
There's a certain irony in Ganyu being the top hunter since she's a vegetarian (if you listen to her "least favorite food" audio clip).
IIRC she signed a contract with you before you disclosed your demands (her "hello" line). So in my canon anything goes with cocogoat 😏

I was already on pull 76 when I left off from a previous banner. I waited through GEOCOIN and Chalk Prince's banners for this blessed day, just sitting on my soft pity, waiting and biding my time for the day when the Cocogoat would finally be mine.

Single pull, 1 Fate only. The Destined Waifu arrived on my first pull in soft pity, and this wasn't the second pity so it was 50% chance. It was obviously meant to be.

I wish all 5* pulls could be this easy haha.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
for the lost riches co-op challenges... am i supposed to have friends? matchmaking has been failure... i dont have any friends that play video games, let alone genshin.

Last edited:

Aenima

for the lost riches co-op challenges... am i supposed to have friends? matchmaking has been failure... i dont have any friends that play video games, let alone genshin.
Yeah. Thers no matchmaking. I managed to complete one challenge solo, then the second one i got could not beat it solo, so just ignored it.

Pejo

I'm down to help if you haven't done your challenges yet. The hardest one was the random one from yesterday's random chance challenge with the 2 hydro abyss mages and the cryo abyss mage. You only have a minute to get their shields down and kill them, it was tough even with 2 of us.
Also, do you have Mona?

I know everyone is exited for goats "melt" reactions with Mr big D, but I tried GOAT and Mona on some low level abyss challenges and wow, everything was frozen 99% of time xD
The team I'm using with Ganyu is Diluc/Ganyu/Xiangling/Barbara and yea I noticed that if I go up and rub up against enemies with Barb's water ring, I can pretty much freeze lock them. Hard to beat Ganyu burst followed by Diluc burst though. Just absolutely destroys entire groups. I'd totally build Ganyu with an energy recharge set if she wasn't so damn strong on her own. She's still only level 40 now with level 1 artifacts and she's already getting 6k crits vs. level 72 enemies. Absolutely nutty. Even her taunt, while basically a neutered Mona taunt, is really effective and useful in her kit with the i-frames it provides. I was totally wrong about her being ice Amber.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah. Thers no matchmaking. I managed to complete one challenge solo, then the second one i got could not beat it solo, so just ignored it.

The hardest one was the random one from yesterday's random chance challenge with the 2 hydro abyss mages and the cryo abyss mage. You only have a minute to get their shields down and kill them, it was tough even with 2 of us.

I had problems with 30 seconds / 2 fire agents. Thankfully I have a friend with fire batman. First try. He had D and Sugar Goat. I used Klee and electric raven. All those "kill X enemies in Y time" reminds FF 14 DPS check stages on dungeon bosses. I hope MiHo will add some endurance stages and make supports more exciting to play/wish for. I love my supports, but unfortunately most of the times there's not enough time for them to shine.

rub up against enemies with Barb's water ring

Phone Podcast GIF by Washed Media

Cocogoat's damage is pretty wild with crit dmg artifacts. Here I was getting excited over 40k Zhongli meteors, meanwhile the goat is dropping 20k charged arrows every few seconds lol

Oh and I also gave her the Battle Pass bow, which has Crit Rate Up

Last edited:

Dregnel

Cocogoat's damage is pretty wild with crit dmg artifacts. Here I was getting excited over 40k Zhongli meteors, meanwhile the goat is dropping 20k charged arrows every few seconds lol

Oh and I also gave her the Battle Pass bow, which has Crit Rate Up

yeah until you find a dude with a shield.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Weighted the pro and cons, and since I have daddy Zhongli as a burst damage dealer/spammer, and Diluc as main dps, I decided to pull for Cocogoat Ganyu instead of Xiao.

Got her, but damn is this banner so shitty in terms of sideline characters.

Currently running a Diluc, Bennet, Zhongli and Ganyu team. She is very underleveled right now but already deals like 2K on charged shots. I'm setting her with prototype crescent with wanderers troupe set. Let's see where this takes me.

I'm having second thoughts with Diluc thought, since I have a C4 Bennet laying around.

Last edited:
yeah until you find a dude with a shield.
You mean the Fatui? It's easier said than done but its best to kill them before they put up their shields. Venti's vortex and Zhongli's petrification help immensely with buying extra time to do so. I remember the first time I fought a Fatui in this game, I was cursing at the screen thinking "wtf is this bullshit!" lol. How things change as we level up and learn more.

Last edited:

Dregnel

You mean the Fatui? It's easier said than done but its best to kill them before they put up their shields. Venti's vortex and Zhongli's petrification help immensely with buying extra time to do so. I remember the first time I fought a Fatui in this game, I was cursing at the screen thinking "wtf is this bullshit!" lol. How things change as we level up and learn more.

not the fatui, i'm talking about those dude holding a rock you will need to use a kind of cc to kill them as ganyu.

BlackM1st

Banned
not the fatui, i'm talking about those dude holding a rock you will need to use a kind of cc to kill them as ganyu.
You should always have a secondary DPS in your team no matter how strong is your main. Game is designed that way.Ganyu is not an ultimate answer for all your troubles. Even Childe requires secondary DPS/switching :)

BlackM1st

Banned
They'll probably be useless. Most likely, we'll have to activate them by equipping... and I rather have my compass equipped at all time.
professor farnsworth futurama GIF

You just activate it once and it follows you no matter what gadget you equip.

I went with golden one just to make my Klee happy :3

Fuz

Banned
professor farnsworth futurama GIF

You just activate it once and it follows you no matter what gadget you equip.

I went with golden one just to make my Klee happy :3
Oh yeah, it stays up*!
Nice to be surprised for the better, sometimes.
Did everybody get the golden one? I did, and I've seen a dozen people with their seelie today... they were all gold.

*that's what she said!

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Oh yeah, it stays up*!
Nice to be surprised for the better, sometimes.
Did everybody get the golden one? I did, and I've seen a dozen people with their seelie today... they were all gold.

*that's what she said!
I got a blue one - it's actually a perfect match for Xingqui. Looks like he had a floating slime baby

Thing keeps beeping at me, idk if that means something.

Hopefully we will be able to level them up. let them open chests etc, eventually provide fire support..

BlackM1st

Banned
I pick blue because gold looks more yellow than gold.
Can't say that I agree(my gold looks pretty golden to me), but blue is an easy choice considering sheer number of Water/Ice characters.

I have 2 5☆ that would benefit from it, but Klee is just too cute xD

Pejo

Man I'm still so torn on what I want my Childe team to be. I like him with Ning/Noelle because the earth resonance is surprisingly good, and will be even better after the 1.3 buff. It also prevents him from getting interrupted or knocked back so his damage is very consistent and safe. I've been running Childe/Beidou/Ning/Noelle with him but I just can't sit with that team now that I've seen how good his vaporize procs can be. The natural solution is to slot in Xiangling, but I hate Gouba so much. So much.

I tried Childe/Xiangling/Fischl/Jean, which is pretty good, but no resonance and no claymore for geo shields. I tried Childe/Beidou/Fischl/Jean which is great for energy recharge but has the usual weakness of "no fire character" for shields and igniting stuff and vaporize. I tried Childe/Xiangling/Benny/Beidou which is probably the best universal party out of the ones I've run, but I am not really a fan of Benny's kit after playing with it a few days, and I still really hate Gouba.

My ideal scenario would be if they release a fire Beidou, or any off-field fire support that isn't god damn Gouba. I tried Xinyan with this party, and she's ok, but her kit doesn't really mesh well with non-physical damage types and she likes to be on the field for most of her talents.

BlackM1st

Banned
Maybe a green option.
I'm pretty sure MiHo will use a whole RGB spectrum sooner or later lol

Also, always be loyal to your #1! Just pulled my 1st 5☆ from the basic banner. Soft pity gave me "Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds". Second present for my dearest Klee :3

Looks like golden fairy really works and increases your luck! xD

Dregnel

You should always have a secondary DPS in your team no matter how strong is your main. Game is designed that way.Ganyu is not an ultimate answer for all your troubles. Even Childe requires secondary DPS/switching :)
she is designed to be main dps but she is working better as secondary dps, there is no reason to use her as main dps if you have klee or diluc.

Saber

Gold Member

Its possible to do alone...although its very challengening.

I just turn the "fuck you" mode on and burst everyone. The one which requires to shoot seems to be the easiest of the bunch, although it requires you some tries to do it.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Which characters do you recommend pairing with a Ganyu + Zhongli team?

I'm currently running Razor, Bennet, Ganyu and Zhongli. Can trigger superconduct, melt and overload.

I like Razor but I'm way too used playing Diluc. He feels faster to me, and Razor feels slower. I find myself constantly pressing R2 mid combo with him, and since he has cooldown unlike Diluc, well shit...

However my razor is C4. Diluc is C0.

Don't want to ditch Zhongli because he is my favourite character to play.

What do you guys suggest?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
NJMc3KD.jpg

New event rewards. Not bad.

Not bad but I feel like its kinda strange. I mean, the last rewards(the ones topping 13000+) are giving you forging crystals? You know, I can forge this everyday.

But if they want that way, I will just stop at 12000 and be done with.

Now I wonder how difficulty will be to get those prymogems. Knowing them, it will probably be "the field is filled with X" and "destroy the boss in 1 second".

Top Bottom