• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

YukiOnna

I saw like, 6 to 7 people on the co-op with signatures vangloring Kaeya's butt.

Can't imagine when they decide to create a half-naked character or start doing some character skins(mainly the beach ones).
Wonder if the skin system will be the same as Honkai...

Saber

Gold Member
Should I get Chongyun who I don't have or upgrade Ningguang's constellation with the free character thing?

Depends. Are you really investing on Ninguang?
Shes a pretty good hitter but need some work. Also, geo reaction isn't the best offensivelly.
Chongyun I can't say much...my brother plays with him. I think he mention that hes good already with only the first constelation. But so do Ninguang, I mean she get a splash auto attack.

Last edited:
Should I get Chongyun who I don't have or upgrade Ningguang's constellation with the free character thing?
I'd suggest looking on you tube for Chongyun team comps, because he's very good with some characters, but actually lowers the damage of other characters. Razor is famous for being horrible with him, because he turns the damage of your main DPS into cryo. If you don't have and like the characters he works best with, you might not want to bother.

Ningguang's C1 and C2 are supposed to be really good, though, so that's a tough decision. It's hard to pass up a new character for a constellation, but if you don't see yourself using that character and the constellation will be getting a lot of use, it might be worth it.

I'm in a similar situation with the same event, so I know where you're coming from here. For me, I'm trying to decide on Xinyan or C1 Ningguang. On one hand, I might end up pulling Hu Tao, and she might end up working well with Xinyan. On the other hand, it's pretty doubtful she'd be better then pairing Hu Tao with Bennett.

Fuz

Banned
I'd go for the character I don't have (Xinyan in my case), except if you really like Ning and plan to use her. Her C1 is really good, her best constellation.
All in all, is just a matter of which character you like more.

Pejo

Whew, finally caught up with the tower defense stuff. I still hate it but it gets more fun when you get your towers leveled up. Can't wait for this event to be done though. The fetch quests are all boring and meaningless other than the treasure-hunting ones. They should have just been all that type of quest, at least it's more meaningful than handing NPCs flowers and teleporting back and forth.

I only have 4 more characters to get to level 80 then my mass-leveling project will be complete. The only characters that I have that aren't leveled at that point are Sucrose, Benny, Xingqiu, and Chongyun, and I don't ever plan on using them. After that, I'll be stuck in domains for a while leveling the rest of everybody's weapons to 80 and then Talents. It'll be nice to not have to grind leylines every single day.

Speaking of - when does the double leyline event start? Tomorrow?

Aranea

A little late to the party but damn just heard about Rosaria bust nerf... and this is coming from the same developer that wants equality but somehow body shame large bust woman, what a bunch of hypocrites are those guys at Mihoyo.

Anyway Hu Tao should be available in like 2 weeks.

Dregnel

I wonder how you can keep hu tao below 50% health in co-operative domains when allied healer will force you to be above the proper health to do more damage, in honkai impact there are options in the skills to activate or deactivate
passives but here there are no such functions.

I'm in a similar situation with the same event, so I know where you're coming from here. For me, I'm trying to decide on Xinyan or C1 Ningguang. On one hand, I might end up pulling Hu Tao, and she might end up working well with Xinyan. On the other hand, it's pretty doubtful she'd be better then pairing Hu Tao with Bennett.
After thinking about this more, Hu Tao benefits from having low HP before using her burst, so maybe Xinyan would be better in her party than Bennett. Anyone think I'm wrong about that? Is there something else that I'm not considering? Then again, maybe Bennett would be a good idea, seeing as he won't heal her all the way, and then she can just use her skill before her burst to drop below 50% health.

I don't think I'm going to want to play her as a crazy glass cannon where you have to keep her health around 10 percent before she starts to feel overpowered or anything. My hope is that effective use will come from a constant use of her skill and burst, keeping a balance between the two. If that's the case and she's fun, I very well might try to get her. If she feels underpowered unless her HP is really low, I don't think I'll be interested.

I just wish we could get a real idea of energy recharge rate in the character trials.

For the fans of the tower defense mini game, Demone Kim told it will stay in the game after the event. Probably will be acessed by some NPC and supposed to have different rewards.

Isn't that guy famously full of shit? He has been laughting stock on one of other games I play for years :D

Fake

If you don't have any Chongyun constelation, I highly recommend. His first constelation is by far his best. Giving his last hit a 3 ice blades, not only deal cryo dmg, but also mark foes with cryo without using elemental skill or elemental burst.

Not to mention the claymore from Dragonspine pretty much born for him.

LuisBell

Neo Member
If you don't have any Chongyun constelation, I highly recommend. His first constelation is by far his best. Giving his last hit a 3 ice blades, not only deal cryo dmg, but also mark foes with cryo without using elemental skill or elemental burst.

Not to mention the claymore from Dragonspine pretty much born for him.

Just to clarify .. the claymore from Dragonspine it's not great for Chongyun. It was a missed opportunity, you can check some math guys on youtube or so but the Snow-Tombed Starsilver is better for Razor for example.

Fake

Just to clarify .. the claymore from Dragonspine it's not great for Chongyun. It was a missed opportunity, you can check some math guys on youtube or so but the Snow-Tombed Starsilver is better for Razor for example.

Why I should check people on Youtube when I'm main Chongyun?

Fake

I guess is because their ultimate aka elemental burst are mix bag. People want to explode foes. Thats why they say Xiao is weak.

Last edited:
Aside from perhaps Chongyun, aren't those widely considered three of the best four stars in the game?
Yes.

Bennet is probably the best utility/support in the game, regardless of what team comp you are running.

Sucrose is the poor man's Venti (or the support for someone who doesn't want to use a trap)

Xingqiu is great with Diluc, although if you've got Mona she's probably just as good and provides more burst potential.

x@3f*oo_e!

I guess this bit works for Chongyun :
Opponents affected by Cryo are dealt 200% ATK DMG instead by the icicle

Sounds good as if he's getting dropped in for support ice once in a while, but that 10 second cooldown must mean there are better weapons overal ?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Isn't that guy famously full of shit? He has been laughting stock on one of other games I play for years :D

He likes to talk about leaks and rumors for the most part. And influence you on 5* characters.

There have been a few times I've found his stuff informative but for the most part not really.

Fake

Sounds good as if he's getting dropped in for support ice once in a while, but that 10 second cooldown must mean there are better weapons overal ?

Indeed, but for me who haven't spend one single coin of money into this game, this is a big deal. And my Snow-Tombed is rank 4, I saved prototypes for him, so at this point he is 90% chance to drop the bomb that deal 125% on the area and 320% if they're marked with Cryo.

For me at least, is a damn great weapon and I use Chongyun primarily for basic attacks.

crumbs

The Snow-Tombed claymore's secondary stat is a physical damage bonus. Once Chongyun uses his elemental skill, his attacks switch to cryo and he would lose the physical damage bonus from this claymore. So someone would need to run the numbers using his skill and doing cryo damage + the icicle damage/10sec versus doing straight physical damage.

This is probably why people recommend the Snow-Tombed claymore for Razor since he scales up on physical damage, whereas most people probably build Chongyun on cryo damage. So for FTP, something like the Prototype claymore would work well on Chong since it upgrades with a standard attack percent increase.

Last edited:

crumbs

My problem with Genshin community is they always want the best of the best.
Nothing wrong with using the Snow-Tombed claymore on Chongyun if that works for you and your play-style and character lineup.

I find the GI "community" is usually pretty good in helping FTP players maximize their limited resources by matching the most optimized FTP weapons with the right characters.

LuisBell

Neo Member

He was one of my first Chars as well. I'm saying this because the free (craftable) Prototype Archaic is a better option overall for Chongyun. Again, no need to have it anyone uses what they want but I don't think that Snow-Tombed Starsilver was "designed for him". Still good tho. In terms of design I think it looks great on Chongyun and Razor

Saber

Gold Member
Nothing wrong with using the Snow-Tombed claymore on Chongyun if that works for you and your play-style and character lineup.

I find the GI "community" is usually pretty good in helping FTP players maximize their limited resources by matching the most optimized FTP weapons with the right characters.

I don't think thats problem here.
As far I'm concerned, that member mentioned that the claymore which deals extra damage to cryo is not great for Choygun, despite Choygun applying cryo easly either by burst, skill or last hitof auto-attack.

The problem here is people like him suggesting top tier weapons for X character, as if everyone should explode their targets.

I pretty much agree with my brother. The weapon is great on him. If someone want OP weapons on that character, thats an entire different situation. We don't need "damage calculation" videos when we can perfectly test the results in game. Thats some straight Smogonian attitude.

Jedge

Whew, finally caught up with the tower defense stuff. I still hate it but it gets more fun when you get your towers leveled up. Can't wait for this event to be done though. The fetch quests are all boring and meaningless other than the treasure-hunting ones. They should have just been all that type of quest, at least it's more meaningful than handing NPCs flowers and teleporting back and forth.

I only have 4 more characters to get to level 80 then my mass-leveling project will be complete. The only characters that I have that aren't leveled at that point are Sucrose, Benny, Xingqiu, and Chongyun, and I don't ever plan on using them. After that, I'll be stuck in domains for a while leveling the rest of everybody's weapons to 80 and then Talents. It'll be nice to not have to grind leylines every single day.

Speaking of - when does the double leyline event start? Tomorrow?
Double Leyline: 2021-02-26 04:00:00 - 2021-03-05 03:59:59

Dregnel

What kind of monster you're talking about specifically? After this statement I'm very curious.
any monster with mobility mainly the flowers, also when when the ice falls if you are attacking a hilichur with shield it doesn't work i like the design but it's not working for me

Saber

Gold Member
any monster with mobility mainly the flowers, also when when the ice falls if you are attacking a hilichur with shield it doesn't work i like the design but it's not working for me

I was expecting you to mention the electro fatui mage, but frankly the plant still hits easly with the effect. Its not like it becomes completelly immune during the transiton.
Also its important to note this effect hits multiple targets at same time, so its not like its just for focusing on a single unit.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

The Snow-Tombed claymore's secondary stat is a physical damage bonus. Once Chongyun uses his elemental skill, his attacks switch to cryo and he would lose the physical damage bonus from this claymore. So someone would need to run the numbers using his skill and doing cryo damage + the icicle damage/10sec versus doing straight physical damage.

This is probably why people recommend the Snow-Tombed claymore for Razor since he scales up on physical damage, whereas most people probably build Chongyun on cryo damage. So for FTP, something like the Prototype claymore would work well on Chong since it upgrades with a standard attack percent increase.
Yeah tbh I didn't realise Chongyun's elemental was 100% cryo .. personally I was thinking about using the claymore with a non-ice person for occasional elemental reactions, possibly Beidou for superconduct (and DEF down works with phys damage boost) .. it would work better with a wet character on the team for occassional freeze=shatter reactions, but I haven't tried yet because prototype parts are so rare.

Dregnel

I was expecting you to mention the electro fatui mage, but frankly the plant still hits easly with the effect. Its not like it becomes completelly immune during the transiton.
i didn't test it with the electo fatui but my plan is to use with razor, chong + xinyan to help me destroy the shields made of wood but i need alot xp books so no fun for now.

Dregnel

this is my qeqing build and still working :messenger_tears_of_joy: :

1bKHIwW.png

crumbs

Yeah tbh I didn't realise Chongyun's elemental was 100% cryo .. personally I was thinking about using the claymore with a non-ice person for occasional elemental reactions, possibly Beidou for superconduct (and DEF down works with phys damage boost) .. it would work better with a wet character on the team for occassional freeze=shatter reactions, but I haven't tried yet because prototype parts are so rare.
That's the weird thing about the icicle that drops from the Snow-Tombed's passive - it doesn't do cryo damage, it's regular physical damage so you can't use it to setup elemental reactions.

Pejo

Aside from perhaps Chongyun, aren't those widely considered three of the best four stars in the game?
Yea, but I think I've made it pretty clear in the thread that I have no interest in Genshin "meta" if I don't also enjoy the character playstyle or design. I have tried each of them in low level domains and I just don't like anything that they bring to the table. I also have no interest in e-peen one shot setups that completely remove gameplay from the game. That's like typing 999999999999 into a calculator then using the MR button every time I need to see a big number.

BlackM1st

Banned
So many meta deniers in here, hah. Suuuuure, you can kinda enjoy the travel itself, but boy oh boy, you're taking the long route.

To each his own, but for example I'm not gonna waste free festival character on Fire guitar girl that I don't own. She's useless now and will always be useless, why even bother? Resources are so limited, why bother with mediocre waifus? Nah. Ning C2 here I come! 🥳🥳🥳

Aenima

He says its a rumor going around though, so nothing confirmed by him or MiHoYo. Forgot to mention that in my initial post.

He does share a good amount of rumors as hes super active uploading game info. Some are hits some are misses.

Top Bottom