• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Stop pulling people, seriously...

yag0G4i.jpg

Everything looks too good to be true, but I want to believe xD

x@3f*oo_e!

I'm not even looking. I miss the suprise - I mean even MiHoYo sent me an email spoiler saying exactly what was going to happen during this event.

That said - there's obviously going to be an absolute unit of new characters when Inazuma drops. maybe a few free ones, but yeah Primogens need saving. I'm thinking June or laterthough. Maybe a mini area in the mean time - what's in the Chasm ??.

btw I noticed some new (red cross) challenges appeaing in Liyue - sure they weren't there before - two are right on the extreme wests of the map. One west of Mt.Huli I forget the others.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah man, I know, I know, but... maaaaybe? xD I don't know what to believe, but I'm not pulling till we see Inazuma xD (I hope)

Primogens need saving. I'm thinking June or laterthough. Maybe a mini area in the mean time - what's in the Chasm ??.
Yeah, maybe Chasm can be a new medium sized area something like frost Mountain.

Inazuma itself looks pretty faraway unfortunately.

I also can't wait to see new characters and new systems at play. Maybe new weapon types.

Another Cryo?
Even if it's real, it's still pretty faraway. Not like we have any new elements to add to the mix. Light and Darkness was never confirmed or even hinted iirc

So I'm still learning about the game but can someone tell me if I'm right about this. My first five star on the Xiao banner was Jean. The rule says that my next one is guaranteed to be Xiao then. Since that banner is about to end does that mean my next 5 star on the new banner will be the featured character?

Pejo

So I'm still learning about the game but can someone tell me if I'm right about this. My first five star on the Xiao banner was Jean. The rule says that my next one is guaranteed to be Xiao then. Since that banner is about to end does that mean my next 5 star on the new banner will be the featured character?
Yes that's correct. The "types" of banner pity carry over. There are 2 factors that people mean when they talk about pity. There's the count of pulls, saying that if you absolutely haven't hit a 5* character by 90 pulls, you will guarantee the last one is a 5*. Additionally, there's a second pity that works in the way you described. If you get a 5* on the limited time banner and it's not the focus 5*, then the next 5* you get is guaranteed to be the focus 5*. If the banner ends, both of those pity mechanics carry on to the next pity banner of the same type (in this case, 5* limited character banner). Now once you get the featured 5*, both pity metrics are reset, so that's also worth noting.

It's also worth noting that unless you have really terrible luck, there's a huge bump in 5* % at around pull 72-76, so there's a good chance you get your 5* pity in the mid 70s instead of 90, but it's not guaranteed.

Pejo

I hope it's a tease of one of her skins. Would be a waste to do art on it and get this much attention and then do nothing with it.
It's going to be interesting to see how they treat skins in this game. This outfit is too modern if they're trying to tie it in to actual Liyue. I was thinking they'd have cultural themes to the outfits, but who knows. Maye MHY will just say fuggit and do this type of thing in game.

YukiOnna

It's going to be interesting to see how they treat skins in this game. This outfit is too modern if they're trying to tie it in to actual Liyue. I was thinking they'd have cultural themes to the outfits, but who knows. Maye MHY will just say fuggit and do this type of thing in game.
I imagine for event skins they'll keep it setting relevant, but for paid ones they'll be a bit more loose. I'd be okay if they gave us a lazy in-story reason such as a new type of fashion coming to Liyue with that offered, but yeah who knows.

BlackM1st

Banned
Hah, out of all stupid shit we have in games, skins are the easiest part to make up an explanation for xD Outfit can be "modern", but what's more important it doesn't show any skin and it is pretty much in line with their GI design philosophy. Like I said, I don't believe that we will get any revealing outfits.

YukiOnna

Hah, out of all stupid shit we have in games, skins are the easiest part to make up an explanation for xD Outfit can be "modern", but what's more important it doesn't show any skin and it is pretty much in line with their GI design philosophy. Like I said, I don't believe that we will get any revealing outfits.
Gonna need my swimsuits though or I'm going to have issues.

Yes that's correct. The "types" of banner pity carry over. There are 2 factors that people mean when they talk about pity. There's the count of pulls, saying that if you absolutely haven't hit a 5* character by 90 pulls, you will guarantee the last one is a 5*. Additionally, there's a second pity that works in the way you described. If you get a 5* on the limited time banner and it's not the focus 5*, then the next 5* you get is guaranteed to be the focus 5*. If the banner ends, both of those pity mechanics carry on to the next pity banner of the same type (in this case, 5* limited character banner). Now once you get the featured 5*, both pity metrics are reset, so that's also worth noting.

It's also worth noting that unless you have really terrible luck, there's a huge bump in 5* % at around pull 72-76, so there's a good chance you get your 5* pity in the mid 70s instead of 90, but it's not guaranteed.
Ah thanks for explaining. Yeah I think I got Jean on that banner somewhere in the 70's. Was hoping to be able to do enough again to get Xiao but doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Sucks b/c I really don't want Kequing that badly. Thinking maybe I should just not do any wishes on the new one and wait for the one after that.

Pejo

You already have the swimsuits. One piece swimsuits hidden behind all the unnecessary fluff MiHo puts on top xD Separate swimsuits, that showing a bikini line? Not happening imo ;(
Yea there was a big "swimsuit-gate" that happened with Honkai a few years ago, now I think MHY is gun shy with swimsuits in general. All of the new-ish ones in Honkai have layers and coverage overtop, and you can't get the original costumes (despite players that have them still being able to use them).

For instance left is before, right is after (these are all considered summer/swimsuit skins):

Black_Mamba.png
Summer_Party.png

Sunny_Beach.png
Parasol_Kaiserin.png

So in other words, you might get something like the right side, but no luck on the left side.

YukiOnna

Yea there was a big "swimsuit-gate" that happened with Honkai a few years ago, now I think MHY is gun shy with swimsuits in general. All of the new-ish ones in Honkai have layers and coverage overtop, and you can't get the original costumes (despite players that have them still being able to use them).

For instance left is before, right is after (these are all considered summer/swimsuit skins):

Black_Mamba.png
Summer_Party.png

Sunny_Beach.png
Parasol_Kaiserin.png

So in other words, you might get something like the right side, but no luck on the left side.
A shame since the right side is hardly what I'd call swimsuits... I wish they didn't cave so easily but it'll do I guess. :<

Pejo

Looks like there's another upcoming boss challenge soon.

This time it's Oceanids. As in multiple, at once.

Also, new pet:

L8TKG6S.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like there's another upcoming boss challenge soon.

This time it's Oceanids. As in multiple, at once.

Also, new pet:

L8TKG6S.jpg
Nice. My golden fairy will have a friend. I'm glad I didn't went blue. And Cocogoat will get her own Oz hah!

"swimsuit-gate" that happened with Honkai a few years ago
Lmao, we have this shit even in mobile games now? Crazy. Save me, Azur Lane. Yeah, now I'm totally convinced, we are not getting anything worthy from the skins xD

Fuz

Banned

Black_Mamba.png
Summer_Party.png

Sunny_Beach.png
Parasol_Kaiserin.png

378B04E700000578-3756764-Women_dressed_in_traditional_Islamic_dress_were_seen_paddling_in-a-8_1472060715238.jpg

Saber

Gold Member

Black_Mamba.png
Summer_Party.png

Sunny_Beach.png
Parasol_Kaiserin.png

Didn't knew they were all pussies.

If that ever happen I'm gonna guess they gonna starve of skin sales(at least on beach ones) and pretty much fail to get the fan support.

Pejo

Nice. My golden fairy will have a friend. I'm glad I didn't went blue. And Cocogoat will get her own Oz hah!

Lmao, we have this shit even in mobile games now? Crazy. Save me, Azur Lane. Yeah, now I'm totally convinced, we are not getting anything worthy from the skins xD
Well it wasn't really a thing like western SJWs do. It's been a while so I might have some details wrong, but a single guy was upset that he didn't get one of the skins, so he wrote some sort of thing to the government to try to get MHY in trouble, and then they doxxed him, and a bunch of other shit happened. So now they're just super touchy about that kind of stuff.

Dregnel

Well it wasn't really a thing like western SJWs do. It's been a while so I might have some details wrong, but a single guy was upset that he didn't get one of the skins, so he wrote some sort of thing to the government to try to get MHY in trouble, and then they doxxed him, and a bunch of other shit happened. So now they're just super touchy about that kind of stuff.

they sold a winter costume long time ago and the dude spent alot to get it when this one (summer god kiana) was free and he was mad so he went to the police to complain and the police censored the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

BlackM1st

Banned
they sold a winter costume long time ago and the dude spent alot to get it when this one (summer god kiana) was free and he was mad so he went to the police to complain and the police censored the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Wow, guy is going for the "most hated person among the fandom" award. Can't imagine good things happening to him, being so insecure and obsessive over a freaking skin AND hated by thousands of ppl can't be good for your mental health...

x@3f*oo_e!

Black_Mamba.png
Summer_Party.png

Sunny_Beach.png
Parasol_Kaiserin.png

Rosaria is going to be flat like an ironing board when she finally comes out.

This hurts me inside. That said google BING image search for "Honkai Swimsuit" is pure purest gold

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Now he gets skins that show little to no skin. GJ.

crumbs

So we're into the second phase of the Lantern Rite Fest and it's disappointing that, outside of Xiao, none of the Liyue characters show up in the story or lantern quests. The trailer seemed to tease these characters being in Liyue Harbor for the festival, but instead we're doing fetch quests for random NPCs. We even had a random Kaeya appearance in Xiao's story quest rather than any of the Liyue characters.

Not the end of the world, but these dry time-killing quests would be more interesting if we were interacting with characters rather than NPCs.

Pejo

So we're into the second phase of the Lantern Rite Fest and it's disappointing that, outside of Xiao, none of the Liyue characters show up in the story or lantern quests. The trailer seemed to tease these characters being in Liyue Harbor for the festival, but instead we're doing fetch quests for random NPCs. We even had a random Kaeya appearance in Xiao's story quest rather than any of the Liyue characters.

Not the end of the world, but these dry time-killing quests would be more interesting if we were interacting with characters rather than NPCs.
Yea all of the hype around this lantern festival was a huge letdown in the end. I like some of the little mini stories with Little Que'er and Iron Hammer as much as the next guy, but they had a huge chance to build up the lore/characterization of all of the Liyue playable characters and chose to just ignore the fuck out of them. Really disappointing. Mondstadt felt like a little family in a believable little castle town. Liyue is just a bunch of disconnected fetch quests with each character never really talking to each other.

crumbs

Yea all of the hype around this lantern festival was a huge letdown in the end. I like some of the little mini stories with Little Que'er and Iron Hammer as much as the next guy, but they had a huge chance to build up the lore/characterization of all of the Liyue playable characters and chose to just ignore the fuck out of them. Really disappointing. Mondstadt felt like a little family in a believable little castle town. Liyue is just a bunch of disconnected fetch quests with each character never really talking to each other.
It would make more sense to be performing these quests for characters you know and are friendly with. The LIttle Que'er quest is a good example of this: why am I agreeing to a quest for a stranger (yes, I know people have probably done their stupid flower commission a million times) that requires me to travel across the entirety of Liyue to release a lantern and traveling all the way back to tell them about it. The quest revolves around the Guhua clan, so that seems to be a good excuse to involve Xingqiu in the story.

Stuff like this seems like a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
lantern festival was a huge letdown in the end
I can't believe they fumbled lantern festival so badly considering that Chinese New Year is their main holiday. Why they turned it into another single activity grind fest is beyond me. Why use totally random tower defense mode as one and only source for limited currency? It's not even festive, maps or enemies doesn't have any hints if lantern festival.

I will miss all the city decorations, especially at night. Always hated this time limited map decorations in Overwatch. Some maps looks so much better with a snow/at night.

Pejo

I can't believe they fumbled lantern festival so badly considering that Chinese New Year is their main holiday. Why they turned it into another single activity grind fest is beyond me. Why use totally random tower defense mode as one and only source for limited currency? It's not even festive, maps or enemies doesn't have any hints if lantern festival.

I will miss all the city decorations, especially at night. Always hated this time limited map decorations in Overwatch. Some maps looks so much better with a snow/at night.
Yea it's kinda funny that Liyue is basically China, and their Archon, their main story, their side quests, and their "festival" have all been kinda...bad. I'm going to laugh when the Chasm ends up being a pale comparison to Dragonspine and then Mondstadt's festival shits all over the lantern festival. Funny thing is, I bet Inazuma is going to be awesome in comparison too, since they have a lot of feedback now of what players like and don't like.

YukiOnna

When they said it'd be like a "date with Xiao" I didn't think they were being that serious. Barely seen any other Liyue characters outside of NPC's.

Yea it's kinda funny that Liyue is basically China, and their Archon, their main story, their side quests, and their "festival" have all been kinda...bad. I'm going to laugh when the Chasm ends up being a pale comparison to Dragonspine and then Mondstadt's festival shits all over the lantern festival. Funny thing is, I bet Inazuma is going to be awesome in comparison too, since they have a lot of feedback now of what players like and don't like.
It's going to cause some issues amongst the Chinese fans for sure considering what happened with Zhongli lmao.

crumbs

When they said it'd be like a "date with Xiao" I didn't think they were being that serious. Barely seen any other Liyue characters outside of NPC's.

If so, it's been an awkward date so far:

MC: Hey, are enjoying the Lantern Rite festival?
Xiao: The streets will be painted red with the blood of mortals if I have to get involved.
MC: Have some almond tofu and simmer down a bit, OK?

YukiOnna

If so, it's been an awkward date so far:

MC: Hey, are enjoying the Lantern Rite festival?
Xiao: The streets will be painted red with the blood of mortals if I have to get involved.
MC: Have some almond tofu and simmer down a bit, OK?
Just means he wants to smash in public.

x@3f*oo_e!

Plz come home.

I got one (smiles). 3 pulls but there goes my pity. She's nice, seems to be half cat (or ear shaped hair buns) or something?

Also does sucrose have furry ears too .. because they're a different color underneath.

Anyway the game refuses to give me more than one low rent Dark Iron Sword .. so maybe it's time for the weapon banner. Words I thought I'd never say.

Last edited:

Pejo

I got one (smiles). 3 pulls but there goes my pity. She's nice, seems to be half cat (or ear shaped hair buns) or something?

Also does sucrose have furry ears too .. because they're a different color underneath.

Anyway the game refuses to give me more than one low rent Dark Iron Sword .. so maybe it's time for the weapon banner. Words I thought I'd never say.
I don't know if you're staying completely F2P or what, but the BP sword is nearly the best in slot sword for her from there. The new Jade sword and the Aquilo sword or whatever are better, but it'd be a cold day in hell before I roll on a weapon banner.

Top Bottom