• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Looks like our first event is on the way:

*edit*

it still requires resin :messenger_weary:

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The Elemental Crucible co-op event is about to begin!

Oh god no.

This is nice, we can calculate that while Americans whale at a 1:1 rate proportionate to their player population, China whales at a 2:1 rate and of course Japan whales at a 4:1 rate because whaling on gachas is what Japan does. No real surprises here, the West never has the slightest clue just how profitable this business model is when they are screeching at the top of their lungs about whatever it is they are mad about today. You have to literally be retarded to not understand why this game is F2P + gacha + stamina system, the amount of money they will make over the lifetime of this game will eventually make the total amount of money Nintendo made on BOTW look like a rounding error.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
You have to literally be retarded to not understand why this game is F2P + gacha + stamina system, the amount of money they will make over the lifetime of this game will eventually make the total amount of money Nintendo made on BOTW look like a rounding error.
That's hyperbole, of course a F2P game with continuous development setup will make more money but BOTW sold 20 millions now with $60 MSRP. Tell me how $1.2 billion is a rounding error.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

So another dweeb is crying about resin. That's all I am getting from that.

I don't think it's as bad as it sounds but if they wanted to make it better they could give you gems for using up Resin, raising the Resin cap or just reducing resin cost.

As it stands I think the resin system isn't inherently terrible but rather people are greedy and have a "now now now, faster faster faster" mindset when it comes to getting gear and resources.

Especially since all the resin you spend gets you rewards and is a BP objective which in the long term gets you more rewards.

And every AR level you get you get 2 Fragile Resin which nets you another 120 resin on demand. For free. No wait.

Only really valid point is weekly bosses costing resin since it goes on cooldown for the week although technically you could run them Sunday and run them again Monday if you wanted.

MagnesG

Banned
So another dweeb is crying about resin. That's all I am getting from that.

I don't think it's as bad as it sounds but if they wanted to make it better they could give you gems for using up Resin, raising the Resin cap or just reducing resin cost.

As it stands I think the resin system isn't inherently terrible but rather people are greedy and have a "now now now, faster faster faster" mindset when it comes to getting gear and resources.

Especially since all the resin you spend gets you rewards and is a BP objective which in the long term gets you more rewards.

And every AR level you get you get 2 Fragile Resin which nets you another 120 resin on demand. For free. No wait.

Only really valid point is weekly bosses costing resin since it goes on cooldown for the week although technically you could run them Sunday and run them again Monday if you wanted.
What's your rank now? China "dweebs" like you phrase are the one that cried the most, their ranks are ranging from 35-45 because they had a 2 weeks start.

At that point you need to spend like 400-500 resins just to level up +1 something when you're gated 120 resins per day.

Saber

Gold Member
Looks like our first event is on the way:

*edit*

it still requires resin :messenger_weary:

Remind me, is resin that moon shaped crystal?
If so, I don't think people will spend it on this event when they have bosses and dungeons that garantees ascend and level up rewards. Unless the event gives you a real good rewards.

Lanrutcon

The current Resin situation is pretty problematic. I'm not sure why it's so static: your hardcore players have the same cap/rate as your new players. That's just weird.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The current Resin situation is pretty problematic. I'm not sure why it's so static: your hardcore players have the same cap/rate as your new players. That's just weird.
The worst thing currently is the lack of actual quests after you hit AR30. Followed by items taking days to respawn and bosses only dropping RANDOM shit once a week. The update coming out in November is apparently not gonna do shit about this. Or a resin raise. Heh.
The resin/energy cap should raise with each adventure rank, just like it does in every other gacha game.
Is it low on purpose so that people don't finish the game's content (already happening) or because China has those weird laws about people only being able to play gachas for x minutes?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's weird to me that the resin cap is so low, I keep thinking that must be some kind of mistake.

The weekly challenge is to spend 1,600 resin but you only get 120 max which refills slowly over 16 hour's time. So in a week's time, you can only regenerate 1,260 resin meaning to unlock the BP points you need to spend Primogems or use limited consumable items - and that's assuming you play at least once every 16 hours.

Moochi

If you play for a reasonable amount of time per day, I doubt you'll run out of resin or things to do. "Reasonable" varies from person to person, of course, but as a 37 year old man with responsibilities and other hobbies, 1-2 hours is about all I need or want.

MagnesG

Banned
If you play for a reasonable amount of time per day, I doubt you'll run out of resin or things to do. "Reasonable" varies from person to person, of course, but as a 37 year old man with responsibilities and other hobbies, 1-2 hours is about all I need or want.
3 bosses and you could beat them for around 15 min max combined. 120 resins for 15 mins.

John Day

It's weird to me that the resin cap is so low, I keep thinking that must be some kind of mistake.

The weekly challenge is to spend 1,600 resin but you only get 120 max which refills slowly over 16 hour's time. So in a week's time, you can only regenerate 1,260 resin meaning to unlock the BP points you need to spend Primogems or use limited consumable items - and that's assuming you play at least once every 16 hours.
That is a truly valid point that should be revised.

LOLCats

Banned
ya the resin is starting to bother me as i get higher in levels... i think theyll change it.

I mean all they have to do is increase the regeneration rate when you're online.

Last edited:
Honkai showers you in more stamina than you could realistically spend even playing 24 hours a day. They'll adjust resin down the road. The game is literally 2 weeks out from launch.

Emmy

Neo Member
AR 27 right now. I login every day to complete 4 commissions, explore some new locations, find some chests and grind domains/bosses. 120 units of resin run out pretty quickly, since I have no problems with bosses and domains. Now I understand complaints about resin, since it's too restrictive on how much treasure you can get on a daily basis. It doesn't bother me that much right now, but it definitely will be a pain in the future, when enemies will become too powerful and you'll need the very best gear and artefacts you can get. Drop rates are not good either...
There should be a mechanic where you can improve your resin cap or regen rate. Where is it?

Pejo

Honkai showers you in more stamina than you could realistically spend even playing 24 hours a day. They'll adjust resin down the road. The game is literally 2 weeks out from launch.
This is the way I look at it. All new stamina based games give you a deficit in the beginning so people (like myself) that no-life the game don't finish maxing out all of their characters and completing everything in the game in the first few weeks until more content can be rolled out. This resin problem will probably be ironed out within 6mos to a year based on how good/fast they can churn out content, but it definitely sucks right now.

The only things I don't agree with them on are making the BP weekly resin quest higher than your regenerated amount and using resin at all for events. Events should be repeatable and farmable for low-mid tier rewards without any resin factored into it, maybe even with a low % chance of getting some good drops. And then there could be a rewards "boost" if you decide you want to use resin for low-engagement players and whales.

mcz117chief

I just noticed there is an island in the sky. Is it something I will visit later in the story?

lLPUVCT.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What's your rank now? China "dweebs" like you phrase are the one that cried the most, their ranks are ranging from 35-45 because they had a 2 weeks start.

At that point you need to spend like 400-500 resins just to level up +1 something when you're gated 120 resins per day.

My AR level of 32 has little to do with the topic at hand which was casually achieved in like a week by playing the game and having fun. It's all about managing your daily resources. You don't need to rush through the game. Early progression is quick but late game progression is going to be slow. Like any other gacha game.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

And let's say Mihoyo caves into the wahwah mah resin demands then the next thing that people will cry about is wah there is no more content to do other then Spiral Abyss.

And it's actually about 160 resin per day. You can have capped resin in the morning, spend it all and then come back 8 hours later and have 60 more resin to spend. Then the next 16 hours it refills to cap and you can go at it again. And there are 24 hours in a day and you can spend all your resin and clear the content in like 15-20 minutes flat.

This game isn't about rushing to endgame but if you choose to make it that way that's up to the individual. So whatever.

The only real argument I can agree with that the weekly world bosses being on a long cooldown and costing resin is a stupid design decision. It should be one or the other.

Fake

There is one place at very top on the 'China like' territory. You guys should check because is great.

Dregnel

i see alot people using bennet and his buff combined with mona and they are doing over 500.000 damage, all my friends told me bennet sucks.

Ugh, got two 5-star artifacts from the weekly bosses this week but they're both DEF so they're useless for my party. If I was still using Noelle (whose abilities scale off of DEF), then I'd be ecstatic...

Hope there's some way to reroll 5-star artifacts in the future because otherwise these are going to be collecting dust

I just noticed there is an island in the sky. Is it something I will visit later in the story?
Did you finish the current storyline?
The traveler was invited to the island by Ninguang, but then the story ends and we're left with a cliffhanger lol

Last edited:
And it has a horrible system in general...and 6 month droughts of no content.
I mean, it doesn't? FGO has a constant stream of events, so much so that you have to play all the time to keep up with events. If you mean just the story content, yes it's a meme that story content takes forever because LOL Nasu writing things, but it's not like FGO has nothing to do. Unless you purposely skip rerun events you will almost never have a day where logging into FGO there is nothing for you to do.

YukiOnna

FGO has a terrible grind design, so I'll never understand it. Even the events feel like a major chore, but I get the draw is the million Artoria faces they put out.

I love Grey out there just randomly by herself. Lord El Melloi II Case Files is grossly underappreciated.

FGO has a terrible grind design, so I'll never understand it. Even the events feel like a major chore, but I get the draw is the million Artoria faces they put out.
FGO is pretty much the premier story-driven mobile game out there today, owing to it's roots in an existing and long-running franchise which started as a visual novel. I mean I get that many people play FGO because waifus but ultimately the enduring popularity and player retention comes down to the fact that the core fan base comes from Fate and the game is taken very seriously by it's writers in terms of the ongoing story and narrative. The reason why Nasu is taking so many years to write the Lostbelts scenario is that he is literally writing it as thoroughly as his conventional VN's. Nasu has tried to stop writing scenarios for Fate multiple times now, going all the way back to Fate/Extra which is about to celebrate it's 10th anniversary but he keeps coming back because he knows it's what the fans want and he always tries his best for the fans, as trite as that sounds.

Last edited:

killatopak

Finally hit AR25.

Do I have to do the ascension quest just to increase to AR26?

I dunno if my party of basic tier bitches can keep up with World level 2.

I literally use the 4 free characters you play as.

Finally hit AR25.

Do I have to do the ascension quest just to increase to AR26?

I dunno if my party of basic tier bitches can keep up with World level 2.

I literally use the 4 free characters you play as.

If you can beat the quest, you probably won't be in a position where you'd regret raising the world level. Personally, I think had a level 40 DPS, level 20 healer, and a four star sword that I had only ascended once. But if you choose not to do the quest yet, the only issue with that is you won't progress in AR rank, so you'll kind of be "wasting" AR Rank XP for a while. Either way though, it shouldn't be too big of a deal if you want to prep a bit more.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Daily reminder to get ameno...er collect wind floating shits. Apparently I had forgotten to clear statue level 6 and once I did I got like 8k in AR exp cause I had done literally everything else until CH8 (of that whatyamacallit book goal thingie) yeah!

Pejo

Finally got the other random daily quest to finish fixing the bridge at the Inn. I thought something special would happen when it was done, but it's just an achievement. Still, kinda cool that they have daily quests part of the world lore.

I'm also down to 12 geo collectibles in Liyue, it's probably time to dig out the map and start going down the list. Don't really have a need for more stamina right now but I want to finish that "9 pillars of peace" quest for my 200k mora reward.

Also, for those of you that already passed this point in the story, when you can go into the bank in Liyue harbor, don't forget to explore the 2nd floor. There's something worthwhile up there.

Nankatsu

There's literally no other use for the anemo/geo things you collect. Nothing but upside to upgrade them. You get xp, rewards, and more max stamina.

Thanks! I gotta say I've been away from the MMO spectrum for a very long time and this game throws so much at you that it's a bit underwhelming at times.

Top Bottom