• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Apparently Genshin is winning the Voter's Choice category for this year's TGA:

wklkihv61j3a1.jpg

Also won the Playstation "Grand Award" whatever the fuck that is.

And yet somehow on GAF, a gaming enthusiast site, we only have like 10~ people active in the thread.

This place has some kind of mind virus where all they can do is console war and talk about sales and corporate bullshit. What a shame.

Last edited:

crumbs

wklkihv61j3a1.jpg

And yet somehow on GAF, a gaming enthusiast site, we only have like 10~ people active in the thread.

This place has some kind of mind virus where all they can do is console war and talk about sales and corporate bullshit. What a shame.

That's why Blackm1st getting banned was tough, we can't afford to lose anyone :messenger_grinning_sweat:

To increase activity in this thread, we need the following to happen:

1. Genshin releases on Xbox platforms - I'll call Phil and see if he can work on this.
2. Have a mod add "Digital Foundry Comparison" or "GamePass" to the thread title.

Boom. Instant trending thread with plenty of warriors throwing down over draw distance and fog effects.

Fake

wklkihv61j3a1.jpg

lja4ldy9kxp01.png

Yeah, is really pathetic console wars here at this point.

TGA is becoming a joke too year after year. Like, WTF they litelary created a category for 'Content Creator of Year' just for Nibellion to win after that 'I gonna leave Twitter' drama... And like putting SIFU in the fightning game category?

Give me a break.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

They feel shame playing this game so they don't want others knowing they play the game they hate.
Most of them are either twitter ragers, Retards from Era or guys that feel embarassed playing this game.

They feel shame playing this game so they don't want others knowing they play the game they hate.
Most of them are either twitter ragers, Retards from Era or guys that feel embarassed playing this game.

Remind me why playing this game is looked down upon here?

Saber

Gold Member

Not long ago a member in another thread mocked this game with a Beidou gif about her bouncing breasts.
So in resume: female sexualization, weeb and "oh my god, theres playable kids.. what a bunch of pedos".

Last edited:

Pejo

That's why Blackm1st getting banned was tough, we can't afford to lose anyone :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I actually really appreciated his meta-focused voice. I think he's the only one that really followed meta in this thread, and while it's been a relatively stress-free thread without him "LOL JUST USE KLEE AND COCOGOAT"-ing, it's always good to get other viewpoints for discussion purposes. Plus the dude was genuinely funny.
To increase activity in this thread, we need the following to happen:

1. Genshin releases on Xbox platforms - I'll call Phil and see if he can work on this.
2. Have a mod add "Digital Foundry Comparison" or "GamePass" to the thread title.

Boom. Instant trending thread with plenty of warriors throwing down over draw distance and fog effects.
The digital foundry one got me good.

I honestly think GAF is just a bunch of dudes that only want to read/shitpost about games and never actually play them. I've complained about that several times in GAF meta threads, but I always get told "just make your own threads then", which I do, and then I get less than 50 replies and it dies. If there is one and only one thing I regret about the REEE exodus, it's that the people that actually played video games left with the screechers and overzealous mods.

Anyone on the Gaming side hears the word "gacha" and they clam up, start sweating profusely, lose their bowel control, and start foaming blood out of their ears. Then in the next breath they're totally cool with that awesome new Forza DLC or the latest Playstation GAAS with lootboxes. I'm not saying that gacha is a great model for consumers, but I think Genshin, more than any other gacha I've played, gives you your money's worth in content, visuals, and gameplay. It's insane to think that if you were inclined to, you could play this game 100% F2P permanently and still have a decent size roster and experience nearly everything in the game. Even moreso now that they doubled down on not making endgame challenge-tier content anymore. The gacha boogeyman is just impossible for western audiences to palette, especially here since the userbase trends towards older gamers.

Fuz

Banned
Anyone on the Gaming side hears the word "gacha" and they clam up, start sweating profusely, lose their bowel control, and start foaming blood out of their ears.
Rightfully so, though.
Gacha and RNG mechanics are shit and NEED to be called out.
but I think Genshin, more than any other gacha I've played, gives you your money's worth in content, visuals, and gameplay.
Yes, if you're F2P.

Last edited:

Pejo

Rightfully so, though.
Gacha and RNG mechanics are shit and NEED to be called out.
Called out when abused and done incorrectly, agreed. Called out just for being one avenue for monetization? Disagree. Genshin's pity mechanic, while not great, is one of the fairest in the genre. There is no price of entry to play or enjoy the game. There are low-spending, high-value options like Welkin and BP for low/mid spenders. Whales who will carry the game seem content with current systems. Personally, the only gacha I have problems with are the weapon banners. Everything else is fair from a lens that I play other gachas and they are total bullshit with their gacha mechanics.
Yes, if you're F2P.
This is a bit dishonest. The level of polish and amount/depth/breadth of content in this game is vastly higher than any AA or below game made in the past 2 years. MHY definitely re-invests their profits into improving the game and making a ton of content. If you had the saga up through the end of Sumeru with no gacha, it would sell millions of copies at $70. As far as open world ARPGs, I'd argue that the only thing better in Breath of the Wild at this point is the physics system. Everything else has been eclipsed by Genshin, most of it already being better at Genshin's launch.

It's fine to stay F2P while playing the game, but there's no way that this level of game isn't worth your money if you want to support it.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Called out when abused and done incorrectly
They always are.
Gambling (in a game also played by children - let's add this to the pot) shouldn't exist in videogames. RNG with your money should be illegal. Pay upfront for a skin/character/weapon of your choice would be ok.
This is a bit dishonest.
Prices are ridiculous to be considered "fair".

Don't forget that this all lead to bad game design, forcing mechanics just to push monetization and gambling.

I like Genshin and I've defended it in other threads, but let's not wear a blindfold over it - it needs to be called out on its shitty, disgusting practices.

Last edited:

Pejo

They always are.
Gambling shouldn't exist in videogames. RNG with your money should be illegal.
I do understand and empathize with your point here, but I think in Genshin it's worked out mostly well. MHY gets the money, we get the content. You can chose to stay F2P and just enjoy everybody paying to give you free content. The game is supported for literal years, and improving the whole time. Not like Destiny does where they moonlight old content so they can charge you for it again later, and where their "events" consist of doing the same things you've always done to get a new hat.

Would I want every game to be a GAAS long term game supported on this monetization model? Absolutely not. But Genshin is probably the best example I can think of for it.

*edit*

(in a game also played by childer - let's add this to the pot)
Totally agree on this. I think any game with gacha should be 18+ by default. Children being conditioned for gambling is bullshit and should not be allowed.
Prices are ridiculous to be considered "fair".
If all that you could buy is the $99.99 packs, I would agree. But the fact that BP and Welkin exist does give you a reasonable spending option at a relatively high value for what you get.
Don't forget that this all lead to bad game design, forcing mechanics just to push monetization and gambling.
This actually was a bigger problem for me back when they made a lot of those DPS focused combat events with timers. Since they reduced that type of event to almost non-existence at this point, I don't have any issue with it. Abyss is obviously custom tailored to sell you the new units du monde, but I don't fucking touch that mode most months. I agree that it's bullshit when they go this angle.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I actually really appreciated his meta-focused voice. I think he's the only one that really followed meta in this thread, and while it's been a relatively stress-free thread without him "LOL JUST USE KLEE AND COCOGOAT"-ing, it's always good to get other viewpoints for discussion purposes. Plus the dude was genuinely funny.

The digital foundry one got me good.

I honestly think GAF is just a bunch of dudes that only want to read/shitpost about games and never actually play them. I've complained about that several times in GAF meta threads, but I always get told "just make your own threads then", which I do, and then I get less than 50 replies and it dies. If there is one and only one thing I regret about the REEE exodus, it's that the people that actually played video games left with the screechers and overzealous mods.

Anyone on the Gaming side hears the word "gacha" and they clam up, start sweating profusely, lose their bowel control, and start foaming blood out of their ears. Then in the next breath they're totally cool with that awesome new Forza DLC or the latest Playstation GAAS with lootboxes. I'm not saying that gacha is a great model for consumers, but I think Genshin, more than any other gacha I've played, gives you your money's worth in content, visuals, and gameplay. It's insane to think that if you were inclined to, you could play this game 100% F2P permanently and still have a decent size roster and experience nearly everything in the game. Even moreso now that they doubled down on not making endgame challenge-tier content anymore. The gacha boogeyman is just impossible for western audiences to palette, especially here since the userbase trends towards older gamers.

These big amounts of players playing GI isn't coming from anywhere. I'm almost 100% theres like a full load of people here in GAF(alongside Reera) that plays the game. They just don't wanna be associate with it.
Theres nothing to actually prove they are playing, so theres no risk in playing as long they don't share their IDs. They could rage all day, it wouldn't make any difference.

Also I agree with Fuz Fuz , GI is fun and its quality beyond any type of free to play game and even payed games, but Gatcha is something that hinders it and probably one of main reasons to not defend this game. Its a scummy tatic, no matter how I like the game. Cases like the one I had with Candance and her spear teach me how of nocive this game can be to those of weak will/morals.

Pejo

These big amounts of players playing GI isn't coming from anywhere. I'm almost 100% theres like a full load of people here in GAF(alongside Reera) that plays the game. They just don't wanna be associate with it.
Theres nothing to actually prove they are playing, so theres no risk in playing as long they don't share their IDs. They could rage all day, it wouldn't make any difference.
I also think that 99% of GAF continues to ignore the Communities forum, just as it always has. I myself never just browse it to see what people are talking about. I only click the links from my notifications for threads I'm already subscribed to. Wonder if EviLore EviLore would be open to the idea of resurfacing long ongoing threads around major in-game version releases to get more people involved. I might send him a message about it.
Also I agree with Fuz Fuz , GI is fun and its quality beyond any type of free to play game and even payed games, but Gatcha is something that hinders it and probably one of main reasons to not defend this game. Its a scummy tatic, no matter how I like the game. Cases like the one I had with Candance and her spear teach me how of nocive this game can be to those of weak will/morals.
I'm conflicted about it. While I'm certainly no big fan of gacha as a system, it does allow for a huge influx of money on regular schedules that keep the game going, growing, and improving. Like if this was a 70 dollar standalone game up through the end of Liyue, then we got the sequel for Inazuma/Sumeru, it would be vastly different than it is now. We'd get almost none of the events, which is fine for the garbage like "box of marvels" and any of the "hey it's a combat event but with different RNG buffs this time!", but I wouldn't want to miss out on the archipelago, or the mushroom pokemon event, etc. Being a live service game with a constant and consistent flow of income has allowed them to deliver high quality stuff, and take chances on modes/events that would never get approved otherwise.

Fuz

Banned
I do understand and empathize with your point here, but I think in Genshin it's worked out mostly well. MHY gets the money, we get the content. You can chose to stay F2P and just enjoy everybody paying to give you free content. The game is supported for literal years, and improving the whole time. Not like Destiny does where they moonlight old content so they can charge you for it again later, and where their "events" consist of doing the same things you've always done to get a new hat.

Would I want every game to be a GAAS long term game supported on this monetization model? Absolutely not. But Genshin is probably the best example I can think of for it.
Let's just agree to disagree.

I have absolutely zero tolerance for those type of things, although I've been part of the problem myself.

Fuz

Banned
I'm conflicted about it. While I'm certainly no big fan of gacha as a system, it does allow for a huge influx of money on regular schedules that keep the game going, growing, and improving. Like if this was a 70 dollar standalone game up through the end of Liyue, then we got the sequel for Inazuma/Sumeru, it would be vastly different than it is now. We'd get almost none of the events, which is fine for the garbage like "box of marvels" and any of the "hey it's a combat event but with different RNG buffs this time!", but I wouldn't want to miss out on the archipelago, or the mushroom pokemon event, etc. Being a live service game with a constant and consistent flow of income has allowed them to deliver high quality stuff, and take chances on modes/events that would never get approved otherwise.
It's simple: follow League of Legends (very successful) system. There's no RNG, you pay upfront for what you want.

I haven't played LoL in ages, let's hope they didn't change everything making a fool of me.

SSfox

Kinda agree with Pejo Pejo here tbh. I rather Genshin style than Destiny or other GaaS game where you are FORCED to pay if you want to continue to play with the new updates. You can't keep play the new updates if you don't buy DLC in Destiny but you can in Genshin.

Genshin literraly you pay to get stuffs earlier, if you're patient you don't have to, imagine if you had to pay DLC pack for Inazuma, Sumeru ect. But you don't , and that's one of the coolest thing about this game.

Pejo

Pretty decent Nilou cosplay. I haven't really seen much of her

Same girl also does a pretty good Lisa and Yae

This is the only game in my backlog... Got my 3rd character(Ice dude) and I am reluctant to go any further...
Not sure the game is for me yet but I'm in a very tough place mentally right now. Maybe Ill put it down and try again when I am doing better.

I think Genshin has way bigger problems than the gacha aspect. Story, presentation, challenge to name a few. I think the scarcity of the characters only adds to the game. I don't think people would put up with the flaws if they weren't farming for (future) characters.

Pejo

This is the only game in my backlog... Got my 3rd character(Ice dude) and I am reluctant to go any further...
Not sure the game is for me yet but I'm in a very tough place mentally right now. Maybe Ill put it down and try again when I am doing better.
Well it's one of the best games for just exploring and taking your mind off stuff, especially at the beginning, so maybe it's not so bad? But you know yourself, so if it's not a good time for videogames, probably best to go with that feeling. Feel free to ask in the thread if you have any questions.

I think Genshin has way bigger problems than the gacha aspect. Story, presentation, challenge to name a few. I think the scarcity of the characters only adds to the game. I don't think people would put up with the flaws if they weren't farming for (future) characters.
For story, I think Sumeru improved a LOT over Inazuma, and the world quest is amazing if you're geared towards lore stuff in games. As a big fan of the Souls series, Genshin's lore has been fantastic. There's always the basic stuff given to everybody during the Archon quests, but it actually is really well developed if you read item descriptions and the in-game books and stuff. I have no issues with the story in the game currently. The character quests have been mostly shit, so I guess they can improve those quite a bit yet.

Presentation, the big issue I have is that despite seemingly the majority of players disliking it, we still have Paimon over explaining everything. Also, despite MHY having an in-house animation studio that can put out some real high quality stuff, we still get "put your hand over your heart emote and spin 360 degrees like a microwave plate" for character animations during dialogue scenes. I get that it saves on space over FMV, but since we can't go back and watch anything in game anyways, why not just have the game download it when you start the quest and delete the data when you're done?

Challenge, that's probably a bigger issue for you than for me. I'm ok with the current level of challenge. I never really enjoyed the timer-based billion HP enemy content, which is why I still don't usually even touch Abyss despite probably being able to clear it without many issues with my characters at this point. I don't even have any suggestions on how to make the combat more engaging in a fun way. They probably ruined combat in Genshin way back with Bennett and when Zhongli got his mega buffs. I can't imagine trying to balance the game around those two and Kazuha without making 70% of the cast obsolete.

*edit*

Scara banner 4*s

39w85vcr0r3a1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz
For story, I think Sumeru improved a LOT over Inazuma, and the world quest is amazing if you're geared towards lore stuff in games. As a big fan of the Souls series, Genshin's lore has been fantastic. There's always the basic stuff given to everybody during the Archon quests, but it actually is really well developed if you read item descriptions and the in-game books and stuff. I have no issues with the story in the game currently. The character quests have been mostly shit, so I guess they can improve those quite a bit yet.
The story itself is mostly fine, but I really dislike how it almost seems separate from the rest of the game. It's like a VN. You're just reading dialogue with minimal animations that ultimately conveys an okay story. It's just not integrated into the rest of the game at all.

I think back to the very first hours in the game, where you meet Paimon who urges you to explore, then bump into Venti and eventually Amber. She takes you to Mondstadt, introduces you to some characters and teaches you how to glide. Then you fight the dragon, which naturally flows into exploring the ruins with each of the different characters. You steal the harp, explore Dvalin's place... You're constantly doing new things and naturally exploring the world alongside it.

Genshin's story now is just clicking start on a quest, reading dialogue for two hours with maybe 10 mins of combat where you easily kill underpowered mobs. Maybe there's a boss fight that's okay. That's it. I understand that Mondstadt is basically a tutorial to introduce you to the mechanics and to get you started with some basic gear, but at least it felt natural and integrated into the world. That has been completely lost.

Presentation, the big issue I have is that despite seemingly the majority of players disliking it, we still have Paimon over explaining everything. Also, despite MHY having an in-house animation studio that can put out some real high quality stuff, we still get "put your hand over your heart emote and spin 360 degrees like a microwave plate" for character animations during dialogue scenes. I get that it saves on space over FMV, but since we can't go back and watch anything in game anyways, why not just have the game download it when you start the quest and delete the data when you're done?
Totally agree. The difference between the character demos and what's in-game is staggering.

Challenge, that's probably a bigger issue for you than for me. I'm ok with the current level of challenge. I never really enjoyed the timer-based billion HP enemy content, which is why I still don't usually even touch Abyss despite probably being able to clear it without many issues with my characters at this point. I don't even have any suggestions on how to make the combat more engaging in a fun way. They probably ruined combat in Genshin way back with Bennett and when Zhongli got his mega buffs. I can't imagine trying to balance the game around those two and Kazuha without making 70% of the cast obsolete.
I don't think the challenges we've seen in the game are great but they should still add more difficult things for people to do. The majority of the activities you do in this game are to increase your characters' strength. It makes no sense to put so little value on that. As for OP supports, they should've nerfed them when they had the chance. Actually, I'll still take any nerfs they put out. We can't have a couple of characters holding the entire combat system hostage. Heck I'll even take power creep over this. The game has been stagnant for so long, it's getting boring.

Saber

Gold Member

Also the fact that at it's core, it still a mobile game. They absolutelly don't care about the visual polution their screen presents(the screen yells mobile garbage icons since the beta), lost interest in making quality of life changing like use of multiples gadgets and are well know above the ass of the current problems their world design has but once again doesn't give a shit to resolve that(like creating a big ass desert, but since they don't want to spent more into their game, spam the desert with Sumeru vines in the hope it remedies the big ass areas of the desert).

Also I still can't get over the fact that the dialogue sucks ass because it basically resolves around Paimon shit talking everytime, since your character is too brain damage to actually talk. I think this game really needs to stop that and let the main characters do the talking. I mean, they already have voices why would they not use them? Aether and Lumine are not the silent character archtype, so no reason to pretend they are.

Last edited:

Pejo

I think back to the very first hours in the game, where you meet Paimon who urges you to explore, then bump into Venti and eventually Amber. She takes you to Mondstadt, introduces you to some characters and teaches you how to glide. Then you fight the dragon, which naturally flows into exploring the ruins with each of the different characters. You steal the harp, explore Dvalin's place... You're constantly doing new things and naturally exploring the world alongside it.

Genshin's story now is just clicking start on a quest, reading dialogue for two hours with maybe 10 mins of combat where you easily kill underpowered mobs. Maybe there's a boss fight that's okay. That's it. I understand that Mondstadt is basically a tutorial to introduce you to the mechanics and to get you started with some basic gear, but at least it felt natural and integrated into the world. That has been completely lost.
Really good point. It's been this way for so long now, I forgot how it started. I always keep in mind though, that they're making the changes because of a huge collection of feedback that they assumingly categorize and make changes that the majority of players would like. So apparently people are happy with the current status quo as far as the way the story is accessed/presented. I will definitely mention that in the next survey though (lol).
I don't think the challenges we've seen in the game are great but they should still add more difficult things for people to do. The majority of the activities you do in this game are to increase your characters' strength. It makes no sense to put so little value on that. As for OP supports, they should've nerfed them when they had the chance. Actually, I'll still take any nerfs they put out. We can't have a couple of characters holding the entire combat system hostage. Heck I'll even take power creep over this. The game has been stagnant for so long, it's getting boring.
I think this goes back to them trying to force playstyles to sell future characters, since they seem to have lost confidence in their characters on their own. In my mind, by now we should have 5 characters that does what Bennett does, not still only 1 Bennett and then new characters with absolutely no use like Candace. I get that they want every character to have a bit of their own niche, but that should be for us to decide. To have 3-4 characters make up for ~90% of abyss compositions is plain bad character design.

Meta will change and shift and there will always be people that only want to use the very best thing, but I don't think anybody was happy with Nilou's kit being so limiting and Candace just outright sucking. Dori got as much fanfare as a wet fart, and she was even given out for free a few patches after release. That's my big issue with combat balance. We won't be stuck using Bennett/Zhongli/Kaz if there were just more good characters to choose from. They're letting their fear of creating another one of them block the gameplay from progressing in any meaningful way.

Also yea, I wouldn't mind a huge character rebalance patch like once a major version. Bring up a lot of characters that are clearly badly designed/underperforming, and adjust numbers (not kits) for some of the overrepresented characters like Kaz/Bennett/Zhongli. There's no reason that Zhongli needs an omni shield that's nearly double the next best shield and quadruple the value of the worst one (Xinyan).

More to my point, there is literally no reason for a character like Xinyan/Thoma/Sara/Amber/Qiqi to exist in the state that they are currently in. It wouldn't take much to fix all 5 of them to bring them more in-line with current character strength/usefulness.

I'd give you my opinion on Scara's teaser, but I don't want to actually watch it.

Looks like we're getting 800 primos for winning the PS award in the next few days. Hopefully an additional amount for TGA. People are easily convinced with the promise of primos, it seems. Well, Genshin is a decent game regardless.

Pejo

Well here's the finalized stats and descriptions of the new artifact sets. It's such a shame we're still elementally branding the sets. if that Wanderer set was Elemental Damage +15% instead of Anemo, this would be an awesome set for Mona. Still might be better than Hearth of Depth if I'm being honest. I might try it on her anyways.

Other set seems like BiS for Kusanali.

anq7yzinhu3a1.jpg

btfwbkpnhu3a1.jpg

Fake

Well here's the finalized stats and descriptions of the new artifact sets. It's such a shame we're still elementally branding the sets. if that Wanderer set was Elemental Damage +15% instead of Anemo, this would be an awesome set for Mona. Still might be better than Hearth of Depth if I'm being honest. I might try it on her anyways.

anq7yzinhu3a1.jpg

btfwbkpnhu3a1.jpg

Of who are you replacing? Hydro bonus still better I would say.

Maybe I'll try to farm the second one for Lisa.

edit: The thing I hate about those new artifacts are they create for the new character kits... instead of making something universal helpful.

Last edited:

Pejo

Of who are you replacing? Hydro bonus still better I would say.

Maybe I'll try to farm the second one for Lisa.

edit: The thing I hate about those new artifacts are they create for the new character kits... instead of making something universal helpful.
Well I'd lose the Hydro 15% bonus but the 4pc effects are:

After using Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
vs.
When Charged Attacks hit opponents, the equipping character's Normal Attack SPD will increase by 10% while Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG will increase by 40% for 15s.

Since I use her as a carry instead of mega-vape burst support, I'd lose 15% Hydro damage bonus but gain 10% attack speed and 10% more damage to normals and charge attacks. Since I have her at C6, she does charge attacks automatically just by mashing normal attack.

I'm not sure what the math is, and I'm going to assume it will depend on substats, but I could see it being competitive.

Fake

Well I'd lose the Hydro 15% bonus but the 4pc effects are:

vs.

Since I use her as a carry instead of mega-vape burst support, I'd lose 15% Hydro damage bonus but gain 10% attack speed and 10% more damage to normals and charge attacks. Since I have her at C6, she does charge attacks automatically just by mashing normal attack.

I'm not sure what the math is, and I'm going to assume it will depend on substats, but I could see it being competitive.

Are you going to try the weapon banner as well?

IDK what book have atk speed increase... maybe the Skyward catalyst?

Stacking attack speed could be fun. Shame of the wrong leak saying bs about Nahida atk speed boost.

I really need a Hydro Claymore... That Rainslasher already at rank 5 and IMO is the best design of the game.
Maybe a 4* Rainslasher sword.

edit: Skyward Catalyst do not increase atk speed. Is the new catalyst 5*.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

anq7yzinhu3a1.jpg

btfwbkpnhu3a1.jpg
We have some math for Nahida? It's that much better than the dendro set in a team with only her as dendro?

Saber

Gold Member
We have some math for Nahida? It's that much better than the dendro set in a team with only her as dendro?

I dunno much about her, but do people pick her as a Dendro applier or as a kinda of reaction support? I think they could pretty much ignore dendro bonus and go for full EM with her.

Fake

Will vary. Nahida DPS is better with the current Dendro set. Nahida EM with this new artifact set is far better if your main role is doing elemental reaction.

If I would guess this artifact set is 100% for her. If you have Nahida this is a 'must have' set, while the others dendros chars the dendro resistence decreased is better.

IMO I still prefer the dendro res decreased. Probably it's the best artifact set for Colei and Tighnari and I bet will be the best for Alhaitham IF he have dendro infusion.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

You using her as a carry or just a reaction machine? For off-field reactions, I can't imagine the Dendro set being better, mathematically.

Are you going to try the weapon banner as well?

IDK what book have atk speed increase... maybe the Skyward catalyst?

Stacking attack speed could be fun. Shame of the wrong leak saying bs about Nahida atk speed boost.

I really need a Hydro Claymore... That Rainslasher already at rank 5 and IMO is the best design of the game.
Maybe a 4* Rainslasher sword.

edit: Skyward Catalyst do not increase atk speed. Is the new catalyst 5*.
I might try for the new weapon, it looks great for any carry catalyst user now and into the future. But, I am pretty anti-weapon banner, so maybe not. Right now I'm using Skyward Atlas on her, which I found to be the best option after testing all of the 5*s and the R5 4*s that I currently had.

Since I use Jean on that same team, a full ATK speed build might be fun. I'd have 35% attack speed bonus with the artifact/weapon and Jean's C2. Not sure that would be very noticeable though. Her attacks aren't super fast, but they''re not super slow either. Dunno if you'd see any practical difference with a 35% increase.

crumbs

Dunno if I care enough for a small, unneeded, increase in DPS.
Agreed. I have her on a full EM Deepwood set and I'm not going to bother changing it out any time soon.

Pretty lame of MiHoYo to drop her BIS artifact set during the version after Nahida released. How many people farmed Gilded Dreams/Deepwood sets for her over the last 5 weeks?

Oh Come On The Office GIF

Pejo

Agreed. I have her on a full EM Deepwood set and I'm not going to bother changing it out any time soon.

Pretty lame of MiHoYo to drop her BIS artifact set during the version after Nahida released. How many people farmed Gilded Dreams/Deepwood sets for her over the last 5 weeks?

Oh Come On The Office GIF
Meanwhile there's me, running Wanderer's Troupe on her and half of my characters, with Gladiator on 1/3 of the remaining ones.

I'll just wait until the game is almost EoS then farm all the super late game BiS artifacts.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Top Bottom