• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

"Ghost pocket insect fighting insect" - don't know what this means but it sounds amazing :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

crumbs

Maybe Onikabuto battling? But like actually doing it this time instead of just a cutscene. I seem to remember that leaking a while ago.
That would make sense.

The ghost pocket is where I keep my ghost wallet that I pull out to ghost whale for this game.

Saber

Isn't his whole thing about Lotus flowers though?

My wishful heart thinks Rosaria, but it'll probably just be some stupid flower picking minigame or something.

Meh...I hope is not flower picking.
I was just guessing because of the artwork leaked. Didn't the guy drawed Al with flowers or something?

Pejo

Gold Member
Meh...I hope is not flower picking.
I was just guessing because of the artwork leaked. Didn't the guy drawed Al with flowers or something?
We'll likely find out shortly, 3.4 beta starts soon I think.

Or maybe MHY will contain all the leaks this time!

Not Funny No GIF

Dregnel

We'll likely find out shortly, 3.4 beta starts soon I think.

Or maybe MHY will contain all the leaks this time!

Not Funny No GIF
The only thing that can stop the leakers is a large team of testers testing the game privately within your company and watched by a camera, these testers are paid between 1000-1500 Canadian dollars minimum, if you want free labor you can't complain about the quality, this is a job not a privilege.
It's not the same to play freely having fun than trying to find bugs and documenting them.

Pejo

Gold Member
The only thing that can stop the leakers is a large team of testers testing the game privately within your company and watched by a camera, these testers are paid between 1000-1500 Canadian dollars minimum, if you want free labor you can't complain about the quality, this is a job not a privilege.
It's not the same to play freely having fun than trying to find bugs and documenting them.
Totally agree. If they were serious about stopping leaks, they would hire a team of playtesters, not do CBT's then hold lawsuit threats vaguely over the head of the beta testers. It's idiotic, and they certainly have the money. More than that, maybe we'd get some better character balance feedback since player beta testers just seem to be in it to see stuff early instead of giving any meaningful feedback regarding character performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Tried Scara real quick in the trial for primos. I don't even get what the point of his flying is. How does that benefit you in combat? I've no idea. Faruzan's JP voice is legit, but she only supports twinks, so that's frustrating for me. What did you guys think?

deanote666

Gold Member
Tried Scara real quick in the trial for primos. I don't even get what the point of his flying is. How does that benefit you in combat? I've no idea. Faruzan's JP voice is legit, but she only supports twinks, so that's frustrating for me. What did you guys think?
We finally get to use some of the mechanics from when we got our gliding license.

I thought the trial was fun.

Got the claymore on the weapon banner, ran out of primos.

Pejo

Gold Member
Haven't done the trials yet, I went straight into the TCG. Will give him a shot probably tomorrow.

Card game is... ok.

Very very clunky to navigate and make moves on controller, at least until you get used to which buttons to press when. Like who makes the "confirm" button triangle?

The strategy part is fairly good, and every round ends quickly enough. Reactions are really tough to set up considering you have to take a whole turn and use dice just to switch characters, and can only attack the "active" character on the opponent's side. So if they switch characters before the next round, you can kiss that elemental reaction goodbye. That's probably the worst part. Fairly straightforward though, I could see myself playing it enough to get the one-time rewards at least.

Anybody figure out how to get new character cards? You get Fischl after beating her, so I'm guessing you have to challenge the playable characters and beat them to get their cards. Gonna try to find Mona and Collei later to do some Hyperbloom shenanigans with my Fischl.

At the higher difficulties, I think games are going to be won based on your action cards. They have a pretty wide variety of effects and usefulness, and it's great to have a few extra on hand to convert dice into elements you can actually use.

I was really hoping they'd let us pick our starter deck characters at least, but nope, we all get the same shit.

ssringo

Only played a couple games but the card game seems good. It can't see spending any time playing others but it will certainly scratch that collect-a-thon itch. Using a controller is indeed clunky.

Scara was (unsurprisingly) quite strong in the trial. Unfortunate that I'll have to pass on him for now. However I was rather pleased trying out Yanfei. I pulled her recently but hadn't used her as I'm still working on my main team. Thought she was quite fun to use and will have to see about building her later on.

Pejo

Gold Member
Only played a couple games but the card game seems good. It can't see spending any time playing others but it will certainly scratch that collect-a-thon itch. Using a controller is indeed clunky.

Scara was (unsurprisingly) quite strong in the trial. Unfortunate that I'll have to pass on him for now. However I was rather pleased trying out Yanfei. I pulled her recently but hadn't used her as I'm still working on my main team. Thought she was quite fun to use and will have to see about building her later on.
You probably know this, but don't base any sort of metric on the trials other than the character's kits and what they do. Relative strength, enemy placement, and particularly energy recharge is blasted through the roof to abnormal levels, so the characters will almost never perform in the same way in the rest of the game. Still, it lets you see if the skills/bursts/synergy is what you want.

Fake

They want him to the best anemo.

But for him to be the best anemo, not only his dps need to be high, but he need to be the best at tranversal like the others 'best anemo'.

Fuz

Banned
3 pulls, 3 Gorou (C3 now, I'd really like having C4) and a Trout. Pity at 60, not sure I want Scaccamouche but I've got 3.8 pities stashed, so, whatever... maybe I'll wait until confirmed OP or not.
Tempted by the weapon banner, it's really good this time.

Saber

his resistance to interruptions while flying seems non-existent

mirror maidens can freeze your feets while flying, wtf?

Hermione Granger Clapping GIF

I think those are trap effects, not actually grounded effects. Jumping and flying doesn't seem to release you from this effect from what I remember. And I think you can still be trapped while airbone(this happens with Kazuha). Also, maybe I remembered wrong but I also think he received buffs to resistance while flying because everybody complained about the same thing.
Anyway, this is entertaiment to me.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hi Gen-heads.

Is this game playable completely solo or does it eventually start requiring you to put in money after a while to be viable ?

Fuz

Banned
Hi Gen-heads.

Is this game playable completely solo or does it eventually start requiring you to put in money after a while to be viable ?
You can play fully F2P (and I suggest you do), it's not a difficult game that's designed over powercreep. Just hoard all the resources until
- You see a character you really like
- You understand FULLY what you're doing

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You can play fully F2P (and I suggest you do), it's not a difficult game that's designed over powercreep. Just hoard all the resources until
- You see a character you really like
- You understand FULLY what you're doing

Not gonna lie, it's a bit of the ol' FOMO creeping in with regards to this game lol

Fuz

Banned
I think those are trap effects
All Scaccamouche effects are trap effects
UHiZV.gif

Eh, I gave another pull for C4 Gorou, was at 60 pulls exactly:
Puttana-La-Madonna.jpg

This also means I don't have a guaranteed 50/50 on next banner, right?

Edit: more pulls, Faruzan C2, no Gorou. Son of a bitch. Lost track how many I did, need to wait -_-
Edit2: I still have 200 pulls exactly.

P.S.
Have I ever told you guys I'm an idiot?

Last edited:

Nankatsu

As far as I've understood guaranteed within this game, it only kicks in if you failed to get the featured 5-star. So yes, you don't have any going on for the next banner.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Pejo

Gold Member
3.4 Beta drops today, or did I got it wrong?
Yea it was late yesterday when it started. This means for sure though that Alhaitham/YaoYao is 3.4 bound. At least the 4* Liyue character selector seems to be true, and YaoYao should be an option.
Maybe he also infuses when he dashes?
Also, the first comment about being Keking, maybe his burst its just like that. Pure dps stuff with very low energy cost.
His info from the megaleak at the beginning of 3.1 said that he gets infusion when he uses his skill, which would be more Keqing-like. Maybe that's changed.

mirror maidens can freeze your feets while flying, wtf?

Other than the traversal, he looks so boring to play.

Hi Gen-heads.

You can play 100% free, but they will hard subliminal market to you to get you to spend. If you have good mental fortitude and can avoid the feeling of FOMO, then you will be fine.

Not gonna lie, it's a bit of the ol' FOMO creeping in with regards to this game lol
Oh....
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

Nah you'll be fine. The main content itself is made to be clearable by just about anybody with any group of characters, and there is no combat PVP. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the game.
All Scaccamouche effects are trap effects
UHiZV.gif

Eh, I gave another pull for C4 Gorou, was at 60 pulls exactly:
Damn, welcome to the double 5* club! Shame that it had to be on this dude.
No, it resets when you get the focus character, only guarantees if you get an off-banner. So you're back at 50/50.
Edit: more pulls, Faruzan C2, no Gorou. Son of a bitch. Lost track how many I did, need to wait -_-
Edit2: I still have 200 pulls exactly.

P.S.
Have I ever told you guys I'm an idiot?[/SPOILER]
stop-stop.gif

Pejo

Gold Member
Have you noticed how it's always on characters I'm "meh" about?
2Rce3.gif
asdsad.gif

Pejo, do your job and talk me out of the weapon banner.
That'll be 1600 primogems please.....

77eaca700e01c9a0d0bfea428e8f1556_1311395922915704736.jpg

If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

*edit*

Oh speaking of bullshit...
You see it was leaked that ToF is going to be getting Nemesis rerun on the 15th, then both Tian Lang (or whatever his name, the Volt scythe) AND Lyra both dropping on the 22nd. With no announced increased income of Dark Crystals or red nuclei? Fucking assholes. They straight up don't want you to play anymore unless you're a fucking hyperwhale.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Oh speaking of bullshit...
You see it was leaked that ToF is going to be getting Nemesis rerun on the 15th, then both Tian Lang (or whatever his name, the Volt scythe) AND Lyra both dropping on the 22nd. With no announced increased income of Dark Crystals or red nuclei? Fucking assholes. They straight up don't want you to play anymore unless you're a fucking hyperwhale.
Yeah, people in the subreddit are HAPPY about it (LET'S CATCH UP WITH CHINA! Yeah great, so we can't plan ahead, fucking morons) and I'm getting into fights.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I've seen some more... disturbing fanart about the situation though. Sonic performing fatalities on Paimon and such. I feel like most Genshin players just vote for the game to get some free resources. It's the obsessed Sonic fans who are taking this stuff a bit too seriously.

Pejo

Gold Member
I've seen some more... disturbing fanart about the situation though. Sonic performing fatalities on Paimon and such. I feel like most Genshin players just vote for the game to get some free resources. It's the obsessed Sonic fans who are taking this stuff a bit too seriously.
Well a thread just popped up in the Gaming side that apparently the survey is glitched for some people and won't allow anybody to vote for anything other than Sonic/Genshin unless you first vote for one of them, then cancel your vote and pick something else.

The whole thing is such a shitshow.

Saber

I would give up at this point. How much of "he is a Sonic hater, look at his post history" posts I already counted in my life. Most of Sonic fans are mentally ill people, I talk of experience myself since I like games like Sonic Mania and Colors and still an ultra fan of the first Riders, S3K and CD(heck I could even consider myself as a Sonic fan if they weren't embarassing people). But because I find Frontiers a trash, then I'm considered troll/hater.

Pejo

Gold Member
So I tried the new characters in the trial.

Faruzan was actually....not terrible? I mean it's anybody's guess how she'll do in actual gameplay instead of when MHY is feeding you particles like nobody's business, but I didn't find her skill too annoying to use. I don't like current Anemo DPS options, so I won't be using her as an Anemo support, but she seems just fine as a VV user, and her burst seems pretty great for re-applying the VV effect over a large area and period of time. Certainly isn't replacing Jean or Kaz, but she isn't completely worthless even if you don't want to run her with Anemo DPS characters like I originally thought. Then again, not in a rush to get her, she offers nothing to me with the lineup I already have. Also wow, I thought Nilou's diaper shorts were bad, Faruzan's takes the cake. At least it's kinda in-lore since she's a granny, I guess.

Scara is boring. Just really really boring. A lame 3 hit normal combo, his charge attack looks visually cool but doesn't have any actual effects or anything. His burst is just a short duration AoE. Flying for traversal is his only saving grace, and you can't really get a feel for that in the trial. It's annoying that you can't fly up and diagonal at the same time though. I honestly don't think I would have any fun playing this charater in the overworld. Kaz just mogs him for parkour and succ'ing up enemy drops.

I'm at fresh pity, so I might do a few rolls to see if I can luck into a Faruzan to play around with. Otherwise this patch remains a pass for me.
2 more pulls, 2 more yanfei. She's C34 now. Super buff.
2Rce3.gif
Bro.... using your stash for Gorou constellations on a banner with the hat twink, who ARE you? What have you done with Fuz Fuz

Saber

Faruzan was actually....not terrible? I mean it's anybody's guess how she'll do in actual gameplay instead of when MHY is feeding you particles like nobody's business, but I didn't find her skill too annoying to use. I don't like current Anemo DPS options, so I won't be using her as an Anemo support, but she seems just fine as a VV user, and her burst seems pretty great for re-applying the VV effect over a large area and period of time. Certainly isn't replacing Jean or Kaz, but she isn't completely worthless even if you don't want to run her with Anemo DPS characters like I originally thought. Then again, not in a rush to get her, she offers nothing to me with the lineup I already have.

I think at early beta she was pretty decent as a possible dps and a bit meh as a supporter(I mean, makes sense so people could have a choice into making her non-support). Her skill kinda enhanced her AA instead of simply doing the normal AA damage.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
It's annoying that you can't fly up and diagonal at the same time though.
Oh don't worry. You don't have the stamina for it anyway. It's very limited. Honestly the whole flying shtick is completely pointless. He is kinda fun to play toh. (don't believe the trials, they undersell both him and Itto heavily).
Oh by the by... I have a confession to make: I fucking love Dori's kit. Well, her ele skill. It's just too fucking fun to shoot at birbs. Not that I'm gonna level her up or something. I love mora more.
Bro.... using your stash for Gorou constellations on a banner with the hat twink, who ARE you? What have you done with Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz
Just... one... more... CONSTELLATION!
And technically I was pulling on Itto's

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Genius Invokation (winner of this century's "most retarded TCG name" prize) is actually pretty good. It's no Gwent but it's enjoyable, adds another non-stressful layer to the game, and it's coherent with the game mechanics and world.

Seems quite a good job, on a first impression.

New Code: XBRSDNF6BP4R

Pejo

Gold Member
Genius Invokation (winner of this century's "most retarded TCG name" prize) is actually pretty good. It's no Gwent but it's enjoyable, adds another non-stressful layer to the game, and it's coherent with the game mechanics and world.

Seems quite a good job, on a first impression.

New Code: XBRSDNF6BP4R
But out of all the characters to teach us, why the screeching cat, followed by Fischl and male cat Fischl. It's like they wanted all of the most painful dialogue in there. All it needed was EN Xinyan to stop by and tell us, "Gee dang there Traveler, how's y'all doin wi' dat card game ahyuck."

• Empathy

Dregnel

Faruzan was actually....not terrible? I mean it's anybody's guess how she'll do in actual gameplay instead of when MHY is feeding you particles like nobody's business, but I didn't find her skill too annoying to use. I don't like current Anemo DPS options, so I won't be using her as an Anemo support, but she seems just fine as a VV user, and her burst seems pretty great for re-applying the VV effect over a large area and period of time. Certainly isn't replacing Jean or Kaz, but she isn't completely worthless even if you don't want to run her with Anemo DPS characters like I originally thought. Then again, not in a rush to get her, she offers nothing to me with the lineup I already have. Also wow, I thought Nilou's diaper shorts were bad, Faruzan's takes the cake. At least it's kinda in-lore since she's a granny, I guess.

Scara is boring. Just really really boring. A lame 3 hit normal combo, his charge attack looks visually cool but doesn't have any actual effects or anything. His burst is just a short duration AoE. Flying for traversal is his only saving grace, and you can't really get a feel for that in the trial. It's annoying that you can't fly up and diagonal at the same time though. I honestly don't think I would have any fun playing this charater in the overworld. Kaz just mogs him for parkour and succ'ing up enemy drops.

I'm at fresh pity, so I might do a few rolls to see if I can luck into a Faruzan to play around with. Otherwise this patch remains a pass for me.

Bro.... using your stash for Gorou constellations on a banner with the hat twink, who ARE you? What have you done with Fuz Fuz
My problem with him is everything else and that includes his personality and his resistance to effects while flying.

i find him fun to use when you know what you are doing, you must dash when you are flying to invoke his passive gales of reverie, then you summon those arrows that chase the opponents, It's somewhat similar to Yoimiya's Charged Attack but you summon these arrows when you do a dash.

if you only use charged attacks you minimize the damage so it depends the situation because you do more damages with nomals but it's single target.

Fuz

Banned
downsides of TCG after a few more games (ongoing list, I guess):

- Can't see the enemy dices
- Can't see the turn number
- Every action is too slow - takes too much time for every little thing to play out, a fast forward button would help a lot (no surprise from mihoyo toh)

SSfox

I haven't started TCG yet but noticed a new BP challenge related to it
U21WApE.png

Curious what kind of challenges it's gonna be
U21WApE.png

Pejo

Gold Member
downsides of TCG after a few more games (ongoing list, I guess):

- Can't see the enemy dices
- Can't see the turn number
- Every action is too slow - takes too much time for every little thing to play out, a fast forward button would help a lot (no surprise from mihoyo toh)
Agree, it's a very slow paced game. I don't think we need to wait for NPCs to make their moves at all, just do them. I don't need them to pretend like they're thinking.

So I was kinda right, about how you get new character cards. You do have to beat the characters, but you don't challenge them just by finding them, you have to get the invitation item, then use it in the cat's tail. Afterwards, you duel them and if you win you get their character card, in addition to a few other character specific buff cards if you can beat the "challenges" while winning. I challenged Collei and got her card and 2 Dendro cards that increase the ticks of her skill by 1 damage a tick.

Still enjoying it as a side activity, but I'm not gonna rush it just for rewards or anything.

Top Bottom