• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Hey Fuz Fuz , pull for Itto or not?
He's tons of fun to me and my Itto team (Itto, Benny, Zhong, Gorou) is my "I WIN" button. I love his burst that makes him a whirlwind of schiaffoni.
2Rce3.gif

Other people here disagree. He's geo and only works with geo, careful with that. I take no responsibility on your pulls.

Last edited:
Itto seems fun to me, and offers a different play style for when you just want to completely ignore elemental reactions. He also seems rather F2P friendly to me. The only issue is his reliance on Zhongli and Gorou, which severely restricts your team building and can also be quite costly. If you can collect all the ingredients though, he is very strong.

Saber

Tested Faruzan(after Pejo Pejo saying she looks decent) and she looks fun. End up getting interested on her again...what the heck is wrong with me as well, I'm overloaded with characters lmao

Anyway, end up using 30 pulls. The game gave me one Yanfei, 2 Faruzan and one Itto. Gods...and there goes my pity for Dehya(still has 8000+ primos though, so I can still catch her when she arives).

Last edited:

Pejo

5m9qr1h6nh4a1.jpg
Lol damn, that's a bit overkill, but some say that's the only way to kill.

This your game or just a screenshot you saw?

*edit*

n/m just saw the kanji, this ain't you.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Testing out Scaradouche... He seems decent, I would say, nothing more than that. His gameplay is very straight forward and simple, purely fed by his flying shitty mechanic.

The fact that I need to descend to switch to another character if I want to...Not cool man, not cool. Insane deal breaker for me.

He should have been the first villain character to drop. The whole face turn into a good character completely breaks the character.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Anyway, end up using 30 pulls. The game gave me one Yanfei, 2 Faruzan and one Itto. Gods...and there goes my pity for Dehya.
Manly rowdy guy > stupid hair bitch
UHiZV.gif

Those assholes in the tavern are kicking my butt at cards.
Edit: Beat Belen
tXaDc.gif

Edit2: Don't waste time with them, the mission in the player's handbook didn't complete after I beat her... there's should be something more at higher player levels.
Edit3: I'm dumb, "tavern guest" might mean the ones you invite in. So those other guys are just a complete waste of time.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Loading screen mention 'a new opponent every week', is this mean a playable character?

I guessing RNG.
Just solved. They appear after you hit level 2. I've got Marjorie and Noelle this week - I suppose they rotate weekly.

Last edited:

Pejo

You know, I was dead set on going hyperbloom in TCG with Collei/Mona (or mirror maiden if her skill is better)/Fischl, but I'll be damned if Sucrose's skill isn't handy. It swirls an active element to the whole enemy's team and also swaps out one of the rear characters for the active one. Seems really good for when you want to burst down a particular character card.

Maybe I'll also build a deck that focuses on this swirl and big dick damage to snipe a particular character.

Fuz

Banned
You know, I was dead set on going hyperbloom in TCG with Collei/Mona (or mirror maiden if her skill is better)/Fischl, but I'll be damned if Sucrose's skill isn't handy. It swirls an active element to the whole enemy's team and also swaps out one of the rear characters for the active one. Seems really good for when you want to burst down a particular character card.

Maybe I'll also build a deck that focuses on this swirl and big dick damage to snipe a particular character.
I've got Jean - especially for not having to see that shitty sucrose - and she does the same. Pretty handy at times, but kinda convoluted to make it work properly.

Pejo

By the way, here's a list of all the cards. You can click them to see what they do, for planning purposes.

After reading this, I think I'll definitely stick with Mona when I get her. She has a passive that makes swapping out from her as the active character a "fast action" instead of it taking its own turn. That's OP as fuck, at least in theory.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
By the way, here's a list of all the cards. You can click them to see what they do, for planning purposes.

After reading this, I think I'll definitely stick with Mona when I get her. She has a passive that makes swapping out from her as the active character a "fast action" instead of it taking its own turn. That's OP as fuck, at least in theory.
Was eyeing Mona too to swap Kaeya for her. That passive sounds really great.

I've been using Ayaka, Ganyu and Mona from the start. Pretty much because I just wanted to use characters I like. Freeze seems to be working decently well. Ganyu retains the ability to deal damage to multiple opponents. Using multiple characters of the same element comes with some benefits in terms of support cards.

ssringo

So since I'm AR45 I'm starting to farm artifacts and first up that I'm doing is Noblesse as it seems to be a top (or near top) choice for several characters I'm using/plan to use; most notably Bennett. Not sure what else to focus on afterwards. Keqing is currently my main dps and Raiden will take that role in a few weeks so I'm thinking either Thundering Fury or Gilded dreams as both sets seem good for both characters. Thoughts? Maybe something else?

Team: Jean, Collei, Bennett and Keqing/Raiden. May shift the team a bit later once I start working on a full 2nd team.

Saber

I've been using Ayaka, Ganyu and Mona from the start. Pretty much because I just wanted to use characters I like. Freeze seems to be working decently well. Ganyu retains the ability to deal damage to multiple opponents. Using multiple characters of the same element comes with some benefits in terms of support cards.

In my case I use Ayaka, Diona and Barbara.
Ayaka max on her burst, so she does massive damage to enemies with high resistance.

somesang

I've been enjoying Wanderer's kit. Overworld feels great with a second stamina bar. His sprint while flying is fast as well so clearing spaces with no friction is S tier for me. DPS is straightforward and simple. I was maining Childe for awhile so it's nice to just spam normals until I'm back on the ground.

Pejo

So since I'm AR45 I'm starting to farm artifacts and first up that I'm doing is Noblesse as it seems to be a top (or near top) choice for several characters I'm using/plan to use; most notably Bennett. Not sure what else to focus on afterwards. Keqing is currently my main dps and Raiden will take that role in a few weeks so I'm thinking either Thundering Fury or Gilded dreams as both sets seem good for both characters. Thoughts? Maybe something else?

Team: Jean, Collei, Bennett and Keqing/Raiden. May shift the team a bit later once I start working on a full 2nd team.
I can't remember which AR allows you to access the hardest difficulty in artifact domains, but if you can't do the most difficult one, don't farm them yet. You only get 2 guaranteed gold-tier artifact drops at that level, and beforehand it's not worth it.

You have the right idea for Bennett. Jean wants Viridescent Venerer, the default Anemo character artifact set. The only Anemos that don't want this set are the DPS focused ones (Scaramouche, Xiao so far). Keqing and Raiden will each want different sets. You want to really overload Raiden on Energy Recharge while keeping her other attack stats viable. Her default set is the Emblem of Severed Fate set, which is also great for many other characters. Keqing doesn't care about ER since her burst is only 40 energy, so she has lots of options. You can run 2x ATK +18% sets (Shimenawa's/Gladiator's), Thundering Fury, or Thundersoother. Collei likes either Gilded Dreams or the Dendro set.

Once again, unless you're doing the highest level domain (either level 90 or 83 or something, I don't look at the level anymore), I wouldn't bother just yet. You might have access to that at AR45 though.

*edit*

Fuz Fuz
Looks like ToF is headed to Liyue for 3.0

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I can't remember which AR allows you to access the hardest difficulty in artifact domains
It's AR 45, he should be able to farm it now.
I've been enjoying Wanderer's kit. Overworld feels great with a second stamina bar. His sprint while flying is fast as well so clearing spaces with no friction is S tier for me. DPS is straightforward and simple. I was maining Childe for awhile so it's nice to just spam normals until I'm back on the ground.
If only his W was usable mid-jump like Kaz.

Little bitch rejected Kunikuzushi, so I just called him Kaze. I have zero originality and I'm bad at names.

Pejo

9rbpv1tvdn4a1.png

First day results for current banner. About where I expected to see it. This is CN iOS only though, which is basically just a barometer. I feel like western servers are more likely to roll on male characters, so it might be higher outside of China.

Fuz

Banned
9rbpv1tvdn4a1.png

First day results for current banner. About where I expected to see it. This is CN iOS only though, which is basically just a barometer. I feel like western servers are more likely to roll on male characters, so it might be higher outside of China.
Itto carrying that little twink on his shoulders.
tXaDc.gif

Fuz Fuz
Looks like ToF is headed to Liyue for 3.0

Pretty cool. Saving for that Alhaitam guy now. Hope he's fire.

Fake

9rbpv1tvdn4a1.png

Point out that he have both Wanderer and Itto rerun.
Yes, west love two things: Bash weeb games over social media and get male characters in weeb games since they avoid admiting playing weeb games.

I give some points to Itto for both design and his personality inside the game is very different from the rest and maybe the only who pick up fight against Paimon?

Last edited:

Pejo

I give some points to Itto for both design and his personality inside the game is very different from the rest and maybe the only who pick up fight against Paimon?
I like Itto's character quite a bit. Fun loving troubling goofball is a nice trope for this game. My issues with him were that I didn't like his charge attack focused gameplay and mono-element focus, and that his leaked character model got downgraded to basically twig arms and a stenciled on set of abs. If he'd have been built like the early leaks with the broad shoulders, bigger arms, and the more Jiraiya like full mane of hair, that would have been much better.

Fake

I like Itto's character quite a bit. Fun loving troubling goofball is a nice trope for this game. My issues with him were that I didn't like his charge attack focused gameplay and mono-element focus, and that his leaked character model got downgraded to basically twig arms and a stenciled on set of abs. If he'd have been built like the early leaks with the broad shoulders, bigger arms, and the more Jiraiya like full mane of hair, that would have been much better.

Yeah, Jiraiya is a great char from Naruto and I see a lot into Itto.

Can't say from the charged attacked because I never expected anything from geo chars besides shields anyway. Maybe Albedo follow the same room of 'geo is mix, but the kit is good'.
My problem will be always the geo element. They really need to increase interaction with geo into the mechanics.

Fuz

Banned
To be fair, he's the Japanese highschool punk trope. They're not buff.

I never expected anything from geo chars besides shields anyway.
You and I won't ever see eye to eye.

Jokes aside, Geo is the weakest element by far. Crystalize is a joke. Zhongli is only truly relevant not for his element but for his shield and universal Def shred, he could be any other element with the same kit and the only thing it'd impact not being Geo is that physical resistance is stronger with Geo shields. Yunjin could be any other element as well since she doesn't actually rely on her element. Gorou is the buffer for the element but is highly gimped without constellations. Itto is good but only because his multipliers are inflated to compensate for Geo being lackluster.

I agree with you, Geo is a joke. Even I as Geo main recognize that flaw and we'll have to do with what we have. HoYo will not create new Geo reactions, but they could at least give more utility to crystalize (like the Inazuma domain where you pick a crystalize shard and it generates an AoE explosion dealing true damage) and people would complain a lot less about the element being too selfish. BUFF GEO YOU COWARDS!

Fuz

Banned
I finally completed the cliffhanger achievement+namecard.

For whoever needs it: it's famously bugged, you need to talk to Gentry Maocai who is NOT marked on the map. He's in the little Lyue square with the 2 restaurant girls in front of 2 doors and the slope going down to the docks.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Been playing a while with Mona, I don't really like her. Her damage is very low and her passive is useless when

7hssdi90xp4a1.png

Pair this with Dawn Winery and you just go
59036c7d253c0.png

Also, cards that gives dices, The Library and The Jade Chamber (they stack btw) feels OP.
Of course those are all impressions after 2 days...

P.S.
I suck at card games, don't trust me.

Last edited:

Pejo

Been playing a while with Mona, I don't really like her. Her damage is very low and her passive is useless when

7hssdi90xp4a1.png

Pair this with Dawn Winery and you just go
59036c7d253c0.png

Also, cards that gives dices, The Library and The Jade Chamber (they stack btw) feels OP.
Of course those are all impressions after 2 days...
Interesting, I was hoping there would be cards that restore dice. I need to find how to get the Library and Jade Chamber. That's my biggest issue when I get a good combo set up and then find out I'm 1 dice short or something.

Mona is good because she applies hydro twice. There's no escape, even if the opponent switches to another character. Then you swap to another character without ending your turn, allowing for an immediate reaction = big damage with little setup.

Katheryne is really good, but you need to get that card and spend dice to use it. Combining them both allows you to swap between all 3 characters in a turn. Works great with the Shenhe support card that instantly swaps your character after doing a skill.

Most of those cards can just be bought btw. Some are also rewarded for completing challenges in the world. Seems like I've already reached the limit in what I can do now. I need a tiny bit of exp but there's nothing I can do to increase my level now.

Pejo

Mona is good because she applies hydro twice. There's no escape, even if the opponent switches to another character. Then you swap to another character without ending your turn, allowing for an immediate reaction = big damage with little setup.

Katheryne is really good, but you need to get that card and spend dice to use it. Combining them both allows you to swap between all 3 characters in a turn. Works great with the Shenhe support card that instantly swaps your character after doing a skill.

Most of those cards can just be bought btw. Some are also rewarded for completing challenges in the world. Seems like I've already reached the limit in what I can do now. I need a tiny bit of exp but there's nothing I can do to increase my level now.
After we all have some time to get our decks together and figured out, we should organize a GAF TCG tournament. I haven't been able to play Genshin much the past few days, so I'm behind you guys a bit for now.

Fake

Sucrose is not bad either?

She change your main character. I find pretty annoying depending of your dices.

Speaking of, the dices was by far the worst part of the game. I guess they know dice sucks because I can litelary reroll every dice phase.

Like I needed 10 turns until decents dice came to me. They really need to adress that... Or at least rework basic attacks. Can't understand why basic attacks use elemental dice. Is totally of the place.

Last edited:
Sucrose is not bad either?

She change your main character. I find pretty annoying depending of your dices.
Any anemo character does that. It's pretty useful, yeah.

Speaking of, the dices was by far the worst part of the game. I guess they know dice sucks because I can litelary reroll every dice phase.

Like I needed 10 turns until decents dice came to me. They really need to adress that... Or at least rework basic attacks. Can't understand why basic attacks use elemental dice. Is totally of the place.
Dices are annoying, but they have added many cards to deal with them. Artifacts are an easy way to get the dices you need, and to spend less for each skill.

Fake

Any anemo character does that. It's pretty useful, yeah.

Dices are annoying, but they have added many cards to deal with them. Artifacts are an easy way to get the dices you need, and to spend less for each skill.

You can still end up not doing shit.

Again, easily fixed IF they remove that stupid ideia of using elemental dices for basic attacks.
Elemental skill and elemental burst sure need proper elemental dices.

You can still end up not doing shit.

Again, easily fixed IF they remove that stupid ideia of using elemental dices for basic attacks.
Elemental skill and elemental burst sure need proper elemental dices.
In my experience that is extremely rare. You usually have some cards to play using trash dice or use them in other ways.

Anyway, extremely short Yaoyao teaser just now at the TGA. You just kinda see her leaning on a wall and... that's it. I'm just watching for the chance at a free Steam Deck.

Last edited:

Pejo

I bet Sonic forums are livid right now, with Jeff calling them out like that.

YaoYao looks ok, faithful to the art.

*edit*

Official "drip marketing" from Hoyoverse:
x4trwyayts4a1.png

*edit2*

And I guess we can consider Alhaitham confirmed for 3.4 too now. Hold on to your butts.
qxabxdwyau4a1.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

One thing I immediately notice is that this is vastly different than the 3.1 megaleaks. Now I'm concerned about Dehya's kit again...

Fake

Dehya kit will be the most precious. If she can make burning a thing will be nice.

BTW, Alhaitheam being a dendro Keking is actually pretty good imo. Almost sure I'll get him.
About Yaoyao, is she really a polearm user? The artwork really don't say that.

Fuck Sonic fans. Primos all day for us.

Saber

One thing I immediately notice is that this is vastly different than the 3.1 megaleaks. Now I'm concerned about Dehya's kit again...

Me too but who knows, she could be dps too.
Btw just a hypothesis...but maybe they changed everything because of the leaks?

Top Bottom