• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

GgcZB65.jpg

Dendro Keqing might be strong, but not very exciting. Most people can experience that gameplay right now, without potentially clunky mirror mechanics.

There's some short and bad quality vids of Yaoyao as well. Looks like she throws her bunny mascot on the field which then starts barfing out candies(?) all over the place that you can pick up. Not sure if those heal you or what.

Edit:
phf6t5gycw4a1.jpg

So 3.4 has a new area as well?

Last edited:

Saber

Dendro Keqing might be strong, but not very exciting. Most people can experience that gameplay right now, without potentially clunky mirror mechanics.

There's some short and bad quality vids of Yaoyao as well. Looks like she throws her bunny mascot on the field which then starts barfing out candies(?) all over the place that you can pick up. Not sure if those heal you or what.

Edit:
phf6t5gycw4a1.jpg

So 3.4 has a new area as well?

Maybe shes a Xiangling?
Would be funny, a Dendro Keqing and a Dendro Xiangling. Not complaning though, I like Xiangling.

Fuz

Banned
Guess I'm skipping the weapon banner
svej4.gif

Keq burst still looks cooler, toh. My only complaint (Ok, that and the corolla hair. And the glued jacket. But that's it.)

Yeah, so it shoots radishes on the battlefield that can both heal you and deal dendro damage. Its targeting depends on your active character's HP. If they're healthy, the bunny will target enemies instead. I think. Her kit is quite complicated too.

Nankatsu

Curious to see which other 5 stars weapon they'll throw together with Alhaitham's.

Staff of Homeless, please?

Do we know what Alhaitham's ascencion levels up already?

Last edited:

Saber

Yeah, so it shoots radishes on the battlefield that can both heal you and deal dendro damage. Its targeting depends on your active character's HP. If they're healthy, the bunny will target enemies instead. I think. Her kit is quite complicated too.

Yeah...and it doesn't help the guy showing her kit is weird.
Was expecting Xiangling, but this thing of leaving stuff on the battlefield instead of dealing damage is strange.

Nankatsu

This gameplay for Alhaitham is a bit more extended in the beginning. Dual swords and he kicks mid animation.

And those effects coming from his E, I would assume, look sick.

He feels like a character that goes into a more digital / futuristic approach in terms of visual style.

Last edited:
He's tons of fun to me and my Itto team (Itto, Benny, Zhong, Gorou) is my "I WIN" button. I love his burst that makes him a whirlwind of schiaffoni.
2Rce3.gif

Other people here disagree. He's geo and only works with geo, careful with that. I take no responsibility on your pulls.

So I go Scara, his weapon and Itto. Should I try for Itto's weapon or anything else will do? I have all other 4* and 5* Claymores.

Pejo

Curious to see which other 5 stars weapon they'll throw together with Alhaitham's.

Staff of Homeless, please?

Do we know what Alhaitham's ascencion levels up already?
5wykzjslgu4a1.png

Alhaitham looks pretty cool, but the attacks feel slow compared to Keqing/Ayaka/Ayato, as a sword user. Either way, it's our first proper Dendro DPS, so I'll be rolling.

Yaoyao's attack animations are great. Not sold on that animal shitting out candy though. I don't want to have to chase the candy, hope it's more reliable when enemies are around than it was in that video. I know leakers are sometime low IQ, but to throw it off the edge and not be able to find it for a while...
Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

*edit*

Just noticed these:
432m4islgu4a1.png

bkk1omslgu4a1.png

So his elemental skill cooldown is 18 fucking seconds, until his C2.

Then his burst is 70 fucking energy.

It's like they wanted to make anti-fun Keqing. I fucking HATE long cooldowns and high energy costs. They pulled a Childe on him for his elemental skill, though not quite to the same degree.

Last edited:

Saber

5wykzjslgu4a1.png

Alhaitham looks pretty cool, but the attacks feel slow compared to Keqing/Ayaka/Ayato, as a sword user. Either way, it's our first proper Dendro DPS, so I'll be rolling.

Yaoyao's attack animations are great. Not sold on that animal shitting out candy though. I don't want to have to chase the candy, hope it's more reliable when enemies are around than it was in that video. I know leakers are sometime low IQ, but to throw it off the edge and not be able to find it for a while...
Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

*edit*

Just noticed these:
432m4islgu4a1.png

bkk1omslgu4a1.png

So his elemental skill cooldown is 18 fucking seconds, until his C2.

Then his burst is 70 fucking energy.

It's like they wanted to make anti-fun Keqing. I fucking HATE long cooldowns and high energy costs. They pulled a Childe on him for his elemental skill, though not quite to the same degree.

Well its still in beta, so I believe theres time to adjust that taking the feedback into account.

Does anybody has a better Yaoyao demonstration? The last one was really bad, why those are the people who test is beyond me.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So I go Scara, his weapon and Itto. Should I try for Itto's weapon or anything else will do? I have all other 4* and 5* Claymores.
Dude, are you pulling on everything?
cikYa.gif

I've got Skyward Sword on him (mainly because Wolf's is on Diluc) and it works really well in keeping his burst up most of the time. Which is where the fun is.
But don't trust me, I'm DEFINITELY not a theorycrafter.
18S CD?
K8Tdx.gif

It's part of Itto's test of courage event.
D8TTC.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

Well its still in beta, so I believe theres time to adjust that taking the feedback into account.
Considering the whole Dendro Keqinq situation, they are bond to tweak him.

I hope?
afkgaming%2Fimport%2Fmedia%2Fimages%2F64144-5f5d9b481fe5863c196d3441322ab983.jpeg

They want you to pull his C2 at minimum if you want to have fun. Straight up bullshit. If you would have told me 6 months ago that they'd be scared to copy Keqing's kit because she's considered "too good" by modern Genshin design standards, I'd have laughed at you.

And now, well.... here we are.

Fuz

Banned
Interesting that you think so now, and not when Kusanali released. IMO she's way more busted than Alhaitham + his sword
But her weapon isn't that big of a deal, and her C2 isn't as much as game changing as Alhaitam's C2.
This is starting to feel like ToF.

Last edited:

Pejo

But her weapon isn't that big of a deal, and her C2 isn't as much as game changing as Alhaitam's C2.
This is starting to feel like ToF.
Well wouldn't the fact that she's busted even without those things mean that she powercreeps harder? Unless you mean spend creep, as in we have to keep spending more to get the same baseline performance. In that case, I agree that Alhaitham does introduce some spendcreep.

Also, nothing power or spendscreep as bad as ToF. That game is pants-on-head retarded with how badly whales outclass F2P. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Well wouldn't the fact that she's busted even without those things mean that she powercreeps harder? Unless you mean spend creep, as in we have to keep spending more to get the same baseline performance. In that case, I agree that Alhaitham does introduce some spendcreep.

Also, nothing power or spendscreep as bad as ToF. That game is pants-on-head retarded with how badly whales outclass F2P. It's not even in the same ballpark.
Powercreep, spendcreep, tomatoes, potatoes...

C2 is a huge QoL for Alhaitam, that elemental CD is disgusting and it's ToF-style design. Of course ToF is worse in terms of powercreep/whaling, but still doesn't make it right.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Powercreep, spendcreep, tomatoes, potatoes...

C2 is a huge QoL for Alhaitam, that elemental CD is disgusting and it's ToF-style design. Of course ToF is worse in terms of powercreep/whaling, but still doesn't make it right.

Indeed. C2 seems a very important constellation for his kit.

In theory, what would be like, his 2nd best in slot weapon?

Pejo

Indeed. C2 seems a very important constellation for his kit.

In theory, what would be like, his 2nd best in slot weapon?
Depending on finalized numbers, Mistsplitter will probably be #2, then I guess Jade Cutter and maybe Kaz's signature if you're going an EM build.

Nankatsu

Depending on finalized numbers, Mistsplitter will probably be #2, then I guess Jade Cutter and maybe Kaz's signature if you're going an EM build.

So none of the ones I have. Well shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was trying to decide between Alhaitham + Signature Weapon or Alhaitham C2.

First one seems more feasible...if I win his 50/50 that is.

Fuz

Banned
So none of the ones I have. Well shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was trying to decide between Alhaitham + Signature Weapon or Alhaitham C2.

First one seems more feasible...if I win his 50/50 that is.
If you ask me, C2 is also more fun to play. Waiting for cooldowns is BORING.
I'll stick him any 4 star crit sword and call it a day. I'll probably end up crafting another Amenoma because it looks cool.

Pejo

Where are the cons description? Honey Impact?
Look up at my post with Yoda in it.

I think for Alhaitham, I'll probably just stop at C0 and see if I like him long term enough to roll constellations in the future on a rerun. I want to go in for Dehya if her kit is good, so I don't want to spread my resources too thin.

*edit*

Looks like Ayaka/Lisa skins are coming in 3.4 too, but MHY wised up and put both of them in the data as apples this time so we can't start complaining how boring and censored they are.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Looks like Ayaka/Lisa skins are coming in 3.4 too, but MHY wised up and put both of them in the data as apples this time so we can't start complaining how boring and censored they are.
Maybe they'll only have small apples over their nipples.

Fake

Look up at my post with Yoda in it.

I think for Alhaitham, I'll probably just stop at C0 and see if I like him long term enough to roll constellations in the future on a rerun. I want to go in for Dehya if her kit is good, so I don't want to spread my resources too thin.

*edit*

Saw right now.

The C1 looks rather nice too.

Make me wonder what will be the best weapon for him. I got that new 4* sword that have EM and he use in every cutscene. Maybe can work?

Pejo

Saw right now.

The C1 looks rather nice too.

Make me wonder what will be the best weapon for him. I got that new 4* sword that have EM and he use in every cutscene. Maybe can work?
Sure why not. I think the most of his damage will come from Spread procs, so EM won't ever be wasted. I'm planning on putting Black Sword on him, most likely, or maybe the spare Jade Cutter I have.

The issue I have with these new EM based damage carries is that you have to balance SO many stats for them, it makes artifact grinding even worse than ever. Like he wants Crit/CritDMG, but also EM, but also needs at least a decent ATK stat, and 70 energy burst means you need either a battery or some ER in your gear. It sucks for people that really like min-maxing a character. Luckily I am not one of those people, so I'll give him a set with a little bit of everything and call it a day.

Fake

Sure why not. I think the most of his damage will come from Spread procs, so EM won't ever be wasted. I'm planning on putting Black Sword on him, most likely, or maybe the spare Jade Cutter I have.

The issue I have with these new EM based damage carries is that you have to balance SO many stats for them, it makes artifact grinding even worse than ever. Like he wants Crit/CritDMG, but also EM, but also needs at least a decent ATK stat, and 70 energy burst means you need either a battery or some ER in your gear. It sucks for people that really like min-maxing a character. Luckily I am not one of those people, so I'll give him a set with a little bit of everything and call it a day.

My only problem with this sword is his ability is different from the catalyst.

The catalyst give ATK flat bonus fpr every point of EM your char have. The sword give ER instead. IDK if could work, but I really miss that bonus ATK from your EM. I would even make an EM build for him, but whatever.

Pejo

New icon for underground/indoor teleports/domains in 3.4.

It's not the underground maps we need, but it's baby steps I guess.

d8m53w7gkw4a1.png

*edit*

Clear slower animation showcase for Alhaitham. Cool shit.

*edit2*

And YaoYao. Fast foward about halfway for the combat stuff.

I hope to god that the private server client is just missing a bunch of code for how her elemental skill works, because if it just shits out candy 30 feet from the enemy you aimed it at, it's completely worthless.

Last edited:

Pejo

Lisa Skin drawing:
vxqvwinfvx4a1.png

*edit*

Looks like they're doing more of those orange soda themed leaks for the skins again, like Diluc's last time.

Two new enemy types:
cuty8okr5w4a1.jpg

76x35isr5w4a1.jpg

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu
Look who's going to be "playable" in the next story segment on the moon:
nqyvvc538y4a1.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Sucks that we can't farm TCG coins. I hate this forced progression.

The new event is actually pretty cool, at least is not an arena. I hate those fucking arenas.
Maybe we'll get to have proper dungeons someday... we can dream...

Fuz

Banned
Holy shit, I can't believe Yaoyao's kit is really THAT bad.
3PE9o.gif

Edit:
I think its actually working as intended, just that there is no "combat". The way her bunny works is, when you're in combat, it will aim at enemies if your hp is above 70%, otherwise it will aim at you. Since the server didn't detect this as "combat", it doesn't aim at the hilichurl, and and since yaoyao's hp is above 70%, it doesn't aim at her either, hence the random radishes.

Last edited:
Well, even if the aiming does work it's a pretty crappy mechanic. You don't just stand still during combat. Neither do enemies. Those radishes are gonna miss and just sit somewhere in the distance. They probably thought they'd make her unique by spreading bombs/heals around the battlefield, but it's not very practical. It does look pretty funny when she just throws several bunnies onto the field, shooting radishes all over the place. Who knows, maybe the dendro application is good enough to save her.

Top Bottom