• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

More easy to believe they gonna make constelation reborn, back to C0 but the next cons are more stronger than before reborn.

At cost of course.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

new-claymores-in-3-5-v0-9oyxc4n7ngka1.jpg

new-claymores-in-3-5-v0-u31e24i7ngka1.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

I don't heavily use my Diluc, but wouldn't' the 5* be better on him than Dehya? As long as he's in grass to trigger burning, that's like a permanent 40% atk buff for him, and he can actually make use of it.

Wonder if it will get moved to the standard banner too. Probably not because it's actually good.

Fake

I don't heavily use my Diluc, but wouldn't' the 5* be better on him than Dehya? As long as he's in grass to trigger burning, that's like a permanent 40% atk buff for him, and he can actually make use of it.

Wonder if it will get moved to the standard banner too. Probably not because it's actually good.

I have Dilluc since the first event, so the thing about him is he is really strong, no much effort to make damage.
IMO the Skyward Claymore is by far the best suit for him. His burst require low energy, you can combo elemental skills with basic attack plus the Skyward Claymore ability.
I never change the Claymore since he get Skyward. Maybe the 5* Wolf most the best overal, but IDK if he really needs CRTrate at this point.
Well, at least for me. Fuz Fuz use Dilluc as well. For me none of those Claymore will do Dilluc any favors, maybe if you lack 5* to begin with.

If you really prettend to get Dehya, maybe is a good go because 'if you're not protected by a shield, you gain hp bonus'. Can help with two hydros comp.

Last edited:

Pejo

You know - unrelated, but I wonder why they haven't taken us back to Inazuma yet to deal with the nail there. Supposedly it fell on Tsurumi Island (the one with Rue and the ghosts), and I was excited to learn more about it.

Leaks for 3.7 are coming in and they're saying that we get both the village area above Liyue as well as the Dandelion Sea finally, but that means we likely won't see Tsurumi island revisited until 4.x

You know - unrelated, but I wonder why they haven't taken us back to Inazuma yet to deal with the nail there. Supposedly it fell on Tsurumi Island (the one with Rue and the ghosts), and I was excited to learn more about it.

Leaks for 3.7 are coming in and they're saying that we get both the village area above Liyue as well as the Dandelion Sea finally, but that means we likely won't see Tsurumi island revisited until 4.x
I'm sure that could be pretty interesting for the story/lore, but I feel like we've had enough Inazuma stuff already (with recent events as well as Scara's whole story bit) that I'm happy they leave some of that stuff for later.

As for 3.7 I'm most interested in what we'll see in terms of characters/banners. Then again, at that point Fontaine will be so close that it probably doesn't matter anymore. A shame we essentially have two dead patches coming up.

Saber

Gold Member
I had enought of Inazuma bullcrap. Let that shit sink, there are more concerning points to deal with.
Like how the story plot is going in a very slow pace and that a new region area plots resumes in running gag of:

- City is in some kind of problem
-Traveler goes to fix it because nobody can
- Traveler resolves the problem but "Thank you, but your sister is in another castle"
- Character X answer Travelers "questions"

All this simp events and quests only made me literally lose any modicrum of hope for dialogues. Used to love read dialogues but nowadays they are so terrible I just skip them. The next one with Dainslif and Kaeya I am looking foward because when it involes Dains they usually mean some kind of progress and more seriousness. Traveler used to be serious about his sister quest, nowadays is just corny cringe dialogues and simping all day.

Last edited:

Pejo

Welp, got all materials collected and crafted in the right amounts to get Dehya from 1-90, 8/8/8 instantly. I still have to build out Benny a bit more, if I like the Pyro Imbue carry role for Dehya, but I'm not wasting the materials until I'm sure. I still refuse to use him in any team other than this one, and that's only if I like the feel of it.

Dehya/Benny/C6 Faruzan/either Mona or Kokomi, depending on if Benny can solo heal or not. I'm guessing not considering no shielder and Dehya's.... kit, but I've never used him before so I have no idea what his heal numbers are actually like. I gave him a healing bonus hat and Noblesse 4pc to give extra ATK on his burst. I kinda hope Focalors is a Hydro healer/applier that gives atk bonus for every HP healed. Would actually give you a reason to use Dehya at all.

I completely realize this team isn't optimal, but that never stopped me before, and all I really care is if it's fun. If she functions better as off-field, I might try Childe in the same team as the carry. I don't fucking know, I was hoping they'd have a surprise buff for her before release, but the pre-download has already been datamined and there is no buff.

I've never had mixed feelings like this for a brand new character. I've been saving for her and excited to play her, but the whole mood is ruined now. I was hoping that they'd budge at least a little and just give her some % buffs before release, but now that dream seems dead too. I just do not understand the point of releasing her in such a sorry, sad state. Why wouldn't they want people to be excited for her and to use her and spend for her? Why purposefully sabotage the banner and the patch? I wish MHY had regular communications with the fanbase so we could get their actual thoughts on this, it's completely mind boggling for me.

crumbs

Speaking of divine nails,

Are we thinking the Dainslief quest in v3.5 will show us the Sumeru nail in the center of the sandstorm? I half expected to see it during the latest v3.4 Jeht quest, but then I realized they wouldn't reveal it during a non-archon quest.

Edit: After thinking about it, the Dragonspine nail was revealed during a world quest, not an archon quest. So who knows.

Last edited:

Pejo

Are we thinking the Dainslief quest in v3.5 will show us the Sumeru nail in the center of the sandstorm? I half expected to see it during the latest v3.4 Jeht quest, but then I realized they wouldn't reveal it during a non-archon quest.
I still haven't done the Jeht quest, so I'm not sure. I've barely had the drive to even log in and burn resin/do dailies with how bummed I am about the Dehya bullshit. It'd be interesting if they did the Sumeru nail first though. I also saw a spoiler from the upcoming Dain quest that said Khaenri'ah is buried under/near Sumeru, so that might feed into it a bit. There are also spoilers that Alice will be in 3.5 with a council of 8 witches that kind of oversee Teyvat. I'm guessing that most/all of them are "descenders". One of their names is "Nicole" and she supposedly was the one that talked to us at the end of Nahida's quest.

If anything, at least the main story should be inching forward a bit finally. They really need to give us more than 1 quest every 6 months.

Fake

Was Dainslief suppose to die in 3.5? IDK if will be by either his curse or by the Traveler simbling

Last edited:

crumbs

I still haven't done the Jeht quest, so I'm not sure. I've barely had the drive to even log in and burn resin/do dailies with how bummed I am about the Dehya bullshit. It'd be interesting if they did the Sumeru nail first though. I also saw a spoiler from the upcoming Dain quest that said Khaenri'ah is buried under/near Sumeru, so that might feed into it a bit. There are also spoilers that Alice will be in 3.5 with a council of 8 witches that kind of oversee Teyvat. I'm guessing that most/all of them are "descenders". One of their names is "Nicole" and she supposedly was the one that talked to us at the end of Nahida's quest.

If anything, at least the main story should be inching forward a bit finally. They really need to give us more than 1 quest every 6 months.
Interesting spoilers.

You should definitely finish the Jeht quests as they're the only thing that was actually interesting in 3.4.

Was Dainslief suppose to die in 3.5? IDK if will be by either his curse or by the Traveler simbling
I'll be incredibly surprised if he actually ends up dying. His character model and VA are completely done already, all they have to do is come up with a kit for him. He's super popular and it would be a waste to throw him away like that. Then again, this is MHY we're talking about...

Pejo

Interesting spoilers.

You should definitely finish the Jeht quests as they're the only thing that was actually interesting in 3.4.
Yea I plan on it, as everyone in this thread knows, the unvoiced world quests are always my favorite. I've just been bummed out with the game lately and have been playing Hogwarts and Octopath Traveler 2, so my Genshin time is much less.

Pejo

ds34xaoulrka1.jpg

All of the official reddit account's posts are getting downvoted into oblivion. Brings a small smile to my face.
Blue Collar Work GIF by Pudgy Penguins

They went full 1984 again earlier deleting hundreds of "fix dehya" posts and complaints about her kit. "Dehya problems? What Dehya problems?"

Saber

Gold Member
ds34xaoulrka1.jpg

All of the official reddit account's posts are getting downvoted into oblivion. Brings a small smile to my face.
Blue Collar Work GIF by Pudgy Penguins

They went full 1984 again earlier deleting hundreds of "fix dehya" posts and complaints about her kit. "Dehya problems? What Dehya problems?"

Its the only way the community can put some sense into that nutcrack head of theirs.
Seriously, it maybe a little thing. But this disservice being rugged on the carpet will only accumulates more and more. Before they know, the fanbase that they most use to do free drip market will not being doing their job.

deanote666

Edit: After thinking about it, the Dragonspine nail was revealed during a world quest, not an archon quest. So who knows.
The oasis is beneath the sandstorm so unless the oasis is somehow getting its power from the hidden nail, it ain't there.

Last edited:

deanote666

Khaenri'ah is buried under/near Sumeru,
I thought the scene with the red blocks floating around and fire everywhere where one of the siblings overlooked the destroyed Khaenri'ah was placed in Mondstadt based on the surrounding mountains?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Its the only way the community can put some sense into that nutcrack head of theirs.
Seriously, it maybe a little thing. But this disservice being rugged on the carpet will only accumulates more and more. Before they know, the fanbase that they most use to do free drip market will not being doing their job.
Honestly, I hate that they're making such a big fuss about one character and happily took every other - much more important - shit simping, from artifact rates to anniversaries.

But noooo, my waifu!

crumbs

The oasis is beneath the sandstorm so unless the oasis is somehow getting its power from the hidden nail, it ain't there.
The lore from the Gilded Dream and Desert Pavilion artifact sets:

Gilded Dream Headpiece description reveals: "The first divine pillar descended from the skies, burying tree and meadow under the flowing sands."

The Desert Pavilion goblet description: "Legend has it that when the Lord of Flowers passed, her countless Jinn turned to serve King Deshret.
King Deshret searched in vain for the ancient paradise where the divine needle fell, and there created an eternal oasis..."

So I think the divine nail is there in the sandstorm, but the devs are waiting to reveal it.

Pejo

Patchly reminder to not do your dailies today until after the patch, if you care about maxing the BP the fastest that you can. Basically doesn't matter anymore, but still I mention it.

Fake

Patchly reminder to not do your dailies today until after the patch, if you care about maxing the BP the fastest that you can. Basically doesn't matter anymore, but still I mention it.

Patch come today? Because daily commission we can still do, right?

Maybe reputation.

crumbs

Patch come today? Because daily commission we can still do, right?

Maybe reputation.
Maintenance starts in about 3h40m (from this post) for all servers and lasts for 5 hours. Only completed weekly BP missions will count after the update. Dailies completed before the update do not count.

Last edited:

Pejo

I live in Brazil so trying to get the time right is awful.
I just logged into the game and it says that the Hu Tao banner ends in 45 mins, which is usually when they take the server down, so now I have no fucking idea when the maintenance actually starts. Then again, I'm consistently the most retarded one in this thread when it comes to maintenance timing globally.

Fake

I just logged into the game and it says that the Hu Tao banner ends in 45 mins, which is usually when they take the server down, so now I have no fucking idea when the maintenance actually starts. Then again, I'm consistently the most retarded one in this thread when it comes to maintenance timing globally.

I logged last day and BP was already gone.

Everything should end in pair with the banner or at least the maintance.

crumbs

I live in Brazil so trying to get the time right is awful.

Yes, it can be confusing.

It's unfortunate they can't do staggered server updates that work better for each region. I'm in the US Eastern time zone and maintenance occurs from 5pm/6pm through 10pm/11pm (Depending on daylight saving, don't get me started :messenger_expressionless:). Just under half of the US population lives in the Eastern time zone, so they're taking the game down when a bulk of North America is out of work or school for the day.

Fake

Baizhu weapon will be a catalyst?

Secondary attribute will be max HP. Man... Baizhu have a damn luck to be a catalyst unlike Yaoyao.

The things Yaoyao miss just because she is a damn polearm is insane. People are already talking 'if you don't get the Baizhu weapon, you can farm/rank the Prototype Amber'.

Just for being a Catalyst user Baizhu can:
- Use his main 5* weapon
- Use Prototype Amber and make him a battery and a healer
- Use Sacrificial for elemental skill spam

Yaoyao missed a lot of opportunities just by being a polearm. I have tons of catalyst and Prototype Amber looks a perfect match for her kit. Unfair. Huge potential wasted. She would become a great healer.

Weekly stuff counts before patch.

Daily stuff does not count before patch.

I guess they count for th BP, if you receive the patch in the same day. In my country, I guess the update will release at 00:00 or less.

The most important BPs are the weekly bosses and the reputation bounties. Just hold up making food as well.

Last edited:

deanote666

Genshin is back up early from maintenance for those twiddling their thumbs.

Did a yolo on Cyno's banner and got him my first 10 pull. First 10 pull since getting Yelan before pitty, won 50/50.

Did 2 more 10 pulls and got Mona.

Did 2 more 10 pulls and got Dehya.

Used saved primos, 20 free wishes from the quest progression.

Ugh. Dehya's extra talent is even worthless. 10% movement speed on open world only and only during certain times of the day (in game time and not real time?)...

Guess I need to actually start farming scarabs and pupa now...

Last edited:

Pejo

Lost 2 50/50s total, spending my saved primos/fates, both Tighnari. Ended up with C0 Dehya (was trying to get to C1). Got her to 90 7/7/7 since I ran out of Scaramouche boss mats for her talents. Level 90 Wolf's gravestone. Dehya/C6 Benny/C6 Faruzan/Kokomi.

She fucking SUCKS. Everything hits enemies out of the circle, even when placing down the circle itself. It's literally impossible to "main" her with that moveset. Big enemies just walk right out, her burst targets whatever the fuck it wants to, anything large mushroom or beefy human and below gets knocked out by her autos or her skill. Trying to stay not only within her own circle but also Bennett's is fucking painful. I tried her with my Hu Tao's Crimson Witch set and with Diluc's Gladiator set and her damage is fucking pitiful either way, even with full time imbue.

Fucking TERRIBLE. Not only is she weak, not only does her kit not gel with herself, not only is positioning and targeting a pain, but she's just absolutely not fun to play on field. I'll try her out as a Pyro applicating sub DPS aka Shogun tomorrow or something, but I was too pissed off to continue playing tonight.

Fuck miHoYo, fuck anybody that tries to say "well she's good in X situation, fuck everything.

How do you claim it or does it get added automatically?
It's in the little tutorial book menu (default up right on the radial menu selector)

*edit*

I'm impressed, at least one of the "partner" youtubers told the truth about her kit. He was very gentle about it, but given the position, I think it's a fair review.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
All you need to do is test her on the demo. Really, the test did her no favor because...she is naturally weak. And she even has her signature 5-star weapon to help her.

Also, I quite like Dains quest. Dunno if its because its so long since the story plot moved or just because Paimon was absent for the entire fucking time. Its like you can finally hear things after a fly stopped buzzing your ear.

Last edited:

Fake

I tested her and must confess, most of my current 4* are more strong than her.

Anw, did the Dainslaif questline. Was OK.

Fake

Huge amount of leaks. Beware.

Baizhu kit
elemental skill
3cz46f14t3la1.jpg

elemental burst
zcpz5f14t3la1.jpg

Talents
s3elte14t3la1.jpg

Cons
aboh3g14t3la1.jpg

5* Artifact