• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Boy they could have at least had a mini-storyline with this box exchange event like last time. It's literally 2 button presses, could have just been a log in reward. It's amazing that with as much money as this game is raking in, this is the best we can do for events.

crumbs

I'm surprised that they didn't think to sprinkle in some character story quests during these slow periods. Other than the voice acting, these story quests don't seem to require a lot of dev resources.

BJK

This game needs so much a reroll stat mechanic.

The amount of times we get DEF or HP is absurd.

After spending weeks trying to get a Crit rate, TF circlet for my Fischl, I managed to get a TF goblet with electro...then watched it boost HP instead of attack % three times in a row. Still going to level it, since I can give her an off-set Crit rate circlet and hit 50% Crit & 100% CDMG. Moreover, I can move on to trying to fix Xiangling’s artifacts next.

With the exception of Ganyu (who inherited full Wanderer’s...because it’s the only set where I’ve been lucky with Crit Rate circlets), just about everyone I’m using has a piece or two of gear which could be just that little bit better. Childe has EM sands, Fischl could use a better piece of TF, XL needs more Crit rate on her Crimson Witch set, Zhongli is running 2pc Wanderer’s (because Crit rate, like I mentioned) instead of Nobless, Barbara’s Maiden set isn’t great...and I have QiQi in 4pc gladiator with no Crit rate....since she doesn’t really need bonus healing.

Looking forward to leyline bonus event in 1.3, if only so I feel like I can take a break from artifact farming for a week or two. Also likely to avoid spending primogems for a few more weeks. Drawing for a permanent banner unit like Kequing is tempting, but I’d rather save for a chance at Diluc (I need a claymore user) or Jean (healing, waifu-ing) instead.

Pejo

I'm surprised that they didn't think to sprinkle in some character story quests during these slow periods. Other than the voice acting, these story quests don't seem to require a lot of dev resources.
I honestly wouldn't even mind if the 4* character quests were text only, as long as we got a steady release of them. The VAs are atypically good in this game though. The fact that we have "story keys" is laughable since everyone on the planet has likely had a full inventory of them forever.

I took some time over the weekend and got all of my characters re-fitted with the best gladiator/wanderer's artifacts that I hand, which even at +0 has improved my overall team strength a ton. A lot of them were sitting on greens/blues I got while exploring Liyue and never looked at twice. That also freed up a ton of fodder for leveling up artifacts on my main dps characters, so now all 4 of my teams have at least a reasonably strong main carry character. I switch between them for dailies and leylines to make sure the friendship xp doesn't all go to one team and get "wasted" by having 4 characters maxed out friendship. I hope they release a new friendship cap eventually so I can avoid that. Also, more team slots would be nice if they're not going to give us a quickswap to a different team. There's gotta be very little overhead for them to provide more slots for us.

Every day I'm inching closer to being ready to ascend past WL5, mostly just xp books and talent books holding me back now, since I took last week and worked on a lot of weapon ascending. Man I am dreading the neverending artifact farming though. At least I have an entire collection of domains to run that I've never even tried yet.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also likely to avoid spending primogems for a few more weeks. Drawing for a permanent banner unit like Kequing is tempting, but I’d rather save for a chance at Diluc (I need a claymore user) or Jean (healing, waifu-ing) instead.
You can pull now. Permanent banner doesn't change. Characters shown on permanent banner doesn't have a rate up, it's just a picture.

Fuz

Banned
You can pull now. Permanent banner doesn't change. Characters shown on permanent banner doesn't have a rate up, it's just a picture.
We don't know for sure Kequing banner and next ones in line will use intertwined. They could throw us a curveball to fuck up our savings.

x@3f*oo_e!

The math behind sub-stats is horrible - there are 10 options. even if you start with 2 good stats - that's 1/50 chance to get exactly the extra stats you want (when levelling). And 1 in 50 to get an artifact with the two starting stats you wanted, assuming it gave you two subs and not one. Plus the trial of just getting the artifact with the right stat in the first place.

Actually that math is wrong - it's actually way worse if you want crit .. https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Artifacts/Stat_Roll_Distribution (look if you like numbers and percentages) . spoiler both crits are less than 1 in 10 chance.

I will farm for the primary, but no way for extras.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
We don't know for sure Kequing banner and next ones in line will use intertwined. They could throw us a curveball to fuck up our savings.
Yeah, true. Next bonus banner can be tricky. Unfortunately I wasted all standard wishes (all I got is 5☆ book on hard pity hah).

Just yesterday I bought last 3 blue wishes from the store ( 1 for 75 points) and I'm planning to wait on spending them until electric cat banner will be released. I mean you never know... ;D

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Machines aren't capable of "random".
And in any case, I kind of doubt all the stats have the same chance to appear.

If I used the Share button while ago, I would prove.

I get the same. Kinda hard to believe, but happens. Just like getting the Ice Slime commission 7 times at row.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
The math behind sub-stats is horrible - there are 10 options. even if you start with 2 good stats - that's 1/50 chance to get exactly the extra stats you want (when levelling). And 1 in 50 to get an artifact with the two starting stats you wanted, assuming it gave you two subs and not one. Plus the trial of just getting the artifact with the right stat in the first place.

Actually that math is wrong - it's actually way worse if you want crit .. https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Artifacts/Stat_Roll_Distribution (look if you like numbers and percentages) . spoiler both crits are less than 1 in 10 chance.

I will farm for the primary, but no way for extras.
Yeah, um... now add (or split?) chances for leveling good stats xD Once I had almost a perfect roll with only 1 HP substat. Game decided that I needed it the most 2 times out of 3 leveling opportunities xD

We’ve got a week left for Ganyu, anyone pulling for Xiao?
I'm debating it. It'll depend on how good he is, and also which four stars are on the banner with him. I just hit my off-banner pity, and I'll likely have enough gems for him, so I'll have to think about it.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
He's the only character that appeals to me design-wise in the foreseeable future, so I decided to pull - also because... I like pulling in gachas! I'm playing the waiting game and I'm getting really bored.
But now that I know we'll get banners for permanent characters I'm not so sure anymore. Pulling will depend on how strong he will be - Ganyu level? Hell yes! Albedo? Fuck no.

Last edited:

Fake

Setting up to be top tier dps when he releases, however his synergy with others isn't that good it seems. He is a lonewolf in the battlefield basically.

Maybe he can make damage with Chonguy. The frost area plus anemo effect could work.

Still, in this trailer he use what looks like a new spear I guess. I strill trying to farm the dragonspine spear, but no prototype since last year.

Fuz

Banned
Still, in this trailer he use what looks like a new spear I guess.

Fake

Thats make sense.

Saber

Gold Member

Nope. Kinda giving a break of picking more characters. I have way too many already <.>
Maybe in the future I end up trying for the cryo sword girl or the other fire mage, who knows.

Hoping to see a banner that increases the chances of getting a claymore that has chances to reduces skill CD completelly.

Aenima

This game needs so much a reroll stat mechanic.

The amount of times we get DEF or HP is absurd.
I was thinking exactly the same this past week. Especially after playing Seven Deadly Sins that let you reroll individual stats using special items that the game give u from time to time.

Its already bad that farming artifacts are dependent of resin spending, it gets worst when the artifacts get random stats. And yeah the more common stat i get is Def and HP.

crumbs

Nope. Kinda giving a break of picking more characters. I have way too many already <.>
Maybe in the future I end up trying for the cryo sword girl or the other fire mage, who knows.

Hoping to see a banner that increases the chances of getting a claymore that has chances to reduces skill CD completelly.

This is my situation as well.

I'm hit my pity on the Ganyu banner, plus Xiao doesn't look that interesting to play. I might pull on his banner if the 4 stars match up with constellation needs, but I'm more likely to just save the primos. I already have too many characters I would like to level up and try out. I pulled Diluc a couple of weeks ago and finally have him at a usable level. Also in that timeframe, I added Sucrose & Ningguang, but haven't had the resources to get them leveled to a good state for my world level.

I wish the weapon banner wasn't garbage. I'm happy with my character lineup, but I'm lacking in certain weapon types, particularly catalysts and bows. I'm not FTP (Welkin +BP the last few months), but the weapon banner seems like a waste of primos.

Silvawuff

Saving primo to get him. Hope he is better than Zhongli.
Zhongli is a beast though, and getting buffed. Since I pulled him he's been a mainstay in my comp. He makes a lot of pain-in-the-ass content easycake. Example, I was doing Stormterror and flubbed a few DPS phases. I just kept his shields/pillar up and ignored the floor DoT. I did level up my Ning and give her a Solar Pearl, and with him she's also beastly.

Pejo

Maybe he can make damage with Chonguy. The frost area plus anemo effect could work.

Still, in this trailer he use what looks like a new spear I guess. I strill trying to farm the dragonspine spear, but no prototype since last year.
Xiao won't be great with Chong because his burst (when he does big damage) infuses him with Anemo, overwriting anything that Chong's skill does. He'll be good with the usual off-field deployable skills though like Xiangling/Fischl/Waterboi and especially good with Barbara to both cause water swirl and heal his life drain at the same time.

Fake

Xiao won't be great with Chong because his burst (when he does big damage) infuses him with Anemo, overwriting anything that Chong's skill does. He'll be good with the usual off-field deployable skills though like Xiangling/Fischl/Waterboi and especially good with Barbara to both cause water swirl and heal his life drain at the same time.

No, no. I talking about basic attacks and elemental skill. In the elemental burst CD, I could use Chongus in conjuction with Xiao basic attacks. Spears and swords are more suit to constant apply cryo buff because they're more fast. Claymore are just too slow to get anything.

Xingu is another one that pretty good suits him.

And Anemo pretty much works well with anything. Is the nature of anemo I guess.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Xiao? lolno. He looks AMAZING, but he's not a "press A for Awesome" character. I prefer my characters to be OP without proper team building or micromanagement. Call me lazy, I call it a smart investment :3

80s akira GIF

Pejo

I don't expect that this post will be for everybody, but it cleared up a lot of misconceptions I had about elemental reactions and teambuilding. It's very very in-depth and takes a while to get through if you really want to understand it though.

Last edited:

crumbs

So would any of you say Xiao is better than Ganyu? Sitting close to pity and I’m tempted to pull.
Better is subjective, especially since a lot comes down to your team comps and play style preference. Also, we don't know exactly how powerful Xiao will be vs the beta version.

I was in a similar situation with my guaranteed pity. My thoughts were:

Ganyu = Versatile, can be used for DPS or support, can be used for several elemental reactions
Xiao = Looks like DPS only, needs to be on the field for damage, fast & unique plunging style of play

I decided to pull for Ganyu, but I was a little worried about her being a bow user. Now that I've been playing her the last few weeks, that wasn't an issue and I find her playstyle fun and easy to mix into most of my team comps.

Jedge

So would any of you say Xiao is better than Ganyu? Sitting close to pity and I’m tempted to pull.

I don't think we will see anything beat the Ganyu powercreep for a little while. I don't think Mihoyo wants another Zhongli fiasco which is why the new 5*'s imo will be very strong.
Xiao will be a selfish dps and will need to stay on the field vs. quickswapping. He'll be very good; word on the streets from discord's is he's about as strong as diluc with C1

x@3f*oo_e!

I don't expect that this post will be for everybody, but it cleared up a lot of misconceptions I had about elemental reactions and teambuilding. It's very very in-depth and takes a while to get through if you really want to understand it though.
[snip] I've seen the elemental cooldown thing before and it's worth reading (I think the original was from a chinese forum, might not be the same) .. the other stuff is mostly what you should know if you read the tutorials.

It really needs a tldr
  1. Elemental reactions don't trigger every time (it's not a bug), even if the right elements are mixed - there's a cool down that seems to be based on the triggering skill
  2. Sometimes the damage number text doesn't appear [add extra confusion] (obvious example = swirl - but watch for the extra different color damage numbers)
  3. Also different skills apply element for different times with different "strengths" - so sometimes you can get two overload from one pyro inflicted enemy, but usually only one overload will remove the pyro.
idk if this is the final word, but I think the post is not wrong .. do enemies matter as well ? - eg do some hold pyro longer than others ?(possibly maybe/no?)

One thing I've been struggling with is SHATTERED , and I don't see it talked about much - I barely ever see the text, and just getting the extra damage seems tricky with the short duration of frozen (probably barbara wet heal + chongyun ice attacks is a reliable way) It's also kindof niche, and I'm not really sure it's worth it since it needs elemental mastery for damage

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

I think it depends on your team composition and elemental needs.

Do you need a cryo? Do you need a support/burst character?

Anemo is kinda limited, depending on the enemies. Enemies that are pure elemental will not be affected by swirl. But since I believe hes a dps character, this might be not a problem at all.

x@3f*oo_e!

Just leaving this here [Tower of Fantasy (幻塔) ] :

It looks like a SciFi version of Genshin Impact .. also has a character creator. There's some older video that show that. Saw some alpha or beta footage that looked good, but also some much janky aniimations (might just be early footage). The new footage looks v.good imo

I don't really know anything about this and the studio (Hotta) doesn't ring any bells - doubt it will ever come west tbh

Last edited:

deanote666

Which is better for Ganyu?

Cryo goblet with cryo dmg bonus 46.6%, crit rate 3.9%, atk +33

Cryo goblet with atk 46.6%, crit rate 3.5%, crit dmg 17.1%, elemental mastery +23

Last edited:

Pejo

Cryo goblet with atk 46.6%, crit rate 3.5%, crit dmg 17.1%, elemental mastery +23
Cryo damage bonus since all of her attacks should be doing cryo damage. Elemental or physical damage bonus will almost always beat any other goblet stat (based on the character damage type). Even for supports.

[snip] I've seen the elemental cooldown thing before and it's worth reading (I think the original was from a chinese forum, might not be the same) .. the other stuff is mostly what you should know if you read the tutorials.

It really needs a tldr
  1. Elemental reactions don't trigger every time (it's not a bug), even if the right elements are mixed - there's a cool down that seems to be based on the triggering skill
  2. Sometimes the damage number text doesn't appear [add extra confusion] (obvious example = swirl - but watch for the extra different color damage numbers)
  3. Also different skills apply element for different times with different "strengths" - so sometimes you can get two overload from one pyro inflicted enemy, but usually only one overload will remove the pyro.
idk if this is the final word, but I think the post is not wrong .. do enemies matter as well ? - eg do some hold pyro longer than others ?(possibly maybe/no?)

One thing I've been struggling with is SHATTERED , and I don't see it talked about much - I barely ever see the text, and just getting the extra damage seems tricky with the short duration of frozen (probably barbara wet heal + chongyun ice attacks is a reliable way) It's also kindof niche, and I'm not really sure it's worth it since it needs elemental mastery for damage
I can't be sure because I can't play right now, but I think when you properly apply shattered and get the debuff, you can actually see a yellow double down arrow visual effect on an enemy with the reduced physical resistance. It lasts quite a while, but can be a challenge to apply it since frozen status doesn't last overly long. I can only reliably apply it when maining Razor while standing in water and having Qiqi's herald thing applying cryo.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

If you've already got an ATT% primary artifact then probably the first, because :

(if your other attack% artifact is also 46.6%)

it's
(46.%+46.6%) (att%) = +93.2%
vs
+46.6% (att) x +46.6% (cryo) [that's 1.46x1.46 = x2.13] = +113%

Disclaimers - If you're using standard bow shots the cryo damage won't count though. However if you're always getting weak points (100% crit%) that critdamage% will make up the difference. Her scatter shot won't hit weak spots though afaik.

[there's a ton of posts on reddit about this - idk which to choose]

Dregnel

Just leaving this here [Tower of Fantasy (幻塔) ] :

It looks like a SciFi version of Genshin Impact .. also has a character creator. There's some older video that show that. Saw some alpha or beta footage that looked good, but also some much janky aniimations (might just be early footage). The new footage looks v.good imo

I don't really know anything about this and the studio (Hotta) doesn't ring any bells - doubt it will ever come west tbh

this is not like genshin impact, the only similar with genshin is that you can climb walls this is a traditional mmo where you see people around the world, if this has competition with genshin then it would mean that we would have more freebies here.

Dregnel

i would never use a build based on weak points because:

1-aim system sucks even on pc.
2-monsters like slimes, Regisvines, cubes, world bosses like childe or wolf have no weak points.

Stoner Sunshine

Neo Member

I'd say cryo damage bonus. Her Charge attack/bloom benefits more from it (her base atk is already pretty high).

Top Bottom