• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley teasing VGX/A

Tagyhag

Let's just hope for great game announcements.

I know it's reaching super far but using the word rise makes me think of Ryse for the PS4.

Doubt it though, if that does happen it'll be farther along 2015.

Games Will Rise.
Products will be advertised.
A Hero will Return

267040-0hd.jpg

BELIEVE

Oh god, we're really doing this again - aren't we? Another goddamn VGX?

Wasn't last year enough, Spike? Wasn't the collective confusion of the entire gaming community enough? Do we really NEED another two hours of Joel McHale fucking around on stage, while Telltale introduces two games that won't be out for another YEAR? More interviews that ignore anything resembling journalism? More awards given to people who didn't even show up? Another concert performance so poorly rehearsed that it borderlines on farcical?

I can't. I won't. JUST STOP TRYING, DAMN IT.

Boke1879

I wonder if this show will be smaller this year?

Seeing as Sony is having their own event I can't see them having any megatons for the VGA's

MavFan619

Banned
Let's just hope for great game announcements.

I know it's reaching super far but using the word rise makes me think of Ryse for the PS4.

Doubt it though, if that does happen it'll be farther along 2015.
Do we really need a mysterious announcement of that? It's probably just the date of those awards/Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer shown during it.

That's the day Captain Toad comes out in the US. That game will blow minds.

Clearly Captain Toad will be an transcendent point for this medium, like the release of the second Godfather was for film, the release of the White album was for music, and like the Bible was for literature. But I doubt Keighley is among the enlightened.

RPGCrazied

I'm pretty positive Joel won't be around if this is another VGX, you can see how uncomfortable Geoff got on a few times during the event. Don't think he will get invited back, which is fine by me, I think he was part of the reason the show was ass.

Boke1879

With Sony having it's own event a day later. The only way the VGA's can be interesting is if MS uses it as a way to showcase some of their 2015 lineup. Other than that I expect a rehash of last year.

Verendus

Banned
The Last Guardian will be announced on that date and Ross from the dead, the day before the PlayStation celebration to kick off the event...
Then they'll release it 6-7 months later in June 2015! Then everyone will celebrate! Secret PS3 game of many years past is finally here!

Anyway, Crytek needs to make the first move, and announce Ryse 2, so that Knack can come back to murder another game. Fans are restless. They're waiting for the return of the deep voiced wonder.

Euron

I guess it is happening then. Please don't suck. Also I've been hoping for Fallout 4 for two years now. Plz Geoff

Top Bottom