• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley to host E3 Live on YouTube 2015

Don't have enough eyes and ears to catch all the streaming that'll be happening. I'll stick to Giant Bomb for conference commentary. I main Gamespot for showfloor stuff, but I'll shuffle this in depending on schedules.

Keighley can make things interesting.
ibgylzets1IVIA.gif

yuraya

I don't know what streams to watch this year for E3. So much competition. Giantbomb is doing it. Now Geoff Keighley is doing it. Places like Twitch and IGN will probably have the most stable streams as always. Meanwhile main sites like Xbox/Sony will have the best quality streams but they go down the most. Gonna be tough to choose. I guess I'll just have a bunch of tabs opened up for safe keeping.

Ark

Looks like I'll be watching E3 on YouTube this year. Man, I can't wait.

Will they be covering the PC Gamer conference?

Talax

So if someone wants to watch this stream but YouTube is banned where he lives, does he have a chance or is he gonna be forced to go with gametrailers? ;_;

Youtube has been investing hard into gaming streams, they had the exclusive streaming rights to yesterday's Heroes of the Storm launch event.

Ouroboros

Wherever Bosman is, I will be watching. I'll have Keighley on mute on the 2nd monitor in case he has something exclusive.

Jamie OD

The quality of Rooster Teeth's involvement is going to be a coin toss. They constantly flip between great and awful to me.

For those looking to watch E3 through their console I have some bad news. I just checked Youtube's live feeds on my PS4 (web browser.) There is no option to change quality of the live stream via my PS4 while there is on my laptop.

I don't have a gaming or even beefy laptop and after a few hours of streaming my laptop becomes very loud as the fan kicks into overdrive. Tech forums say it's due to flash and I believe them since it's only streaming flash which put my laptop under pressure.

There maybe hope. I'm not sure if the youtube app on PS4 will stream live feeds in HD since it automatically chooses HD as default on my PS4 but someone will have to verify that for the gaffers who are in a similar situation as me.

Danlord

Question on 60fps YouTube, whenever I switch it to that, the audio gets all sped up as well? Am I doing it wrong?

I don't know if you're "doing it wrong" but something definitely is going wrong. Send me a link to any 60FPS video (that goes wrong for you) and I'll watch it to see if it's sped up/out of sync for me.

Armadilo

Banned
So that's where they will announce the twitch competitor ? Geoff was that E3 promo for your show that had placeholder names ?

Gametrailers stream without Geoff won't be the same. I feel really conflicted about which to watch. My E3 ritual is always to watch the GT stream, but without Geoff interviewing the guests it won't be as good. But at the same time this youtube stream won't won't have as many good guests as Gametrailers I'm sure. #E3problems

Nzyme32

Does Youtube have live chat? I like streaming on Gametrailers for that

For streams it does, but it is barely usable and some how less entertaining vs twitch chat. It might be better to just have a bunch of people join the NeoGaf steam group and chat via that, or some other solution

Anth1888

Gametrailers stream without Geoff won't be the same. I feel really conflicted about which to watch. My E3 ritual is always to watch the GT stream, but without Geoff interviewing the guests it won't be as good. But at the same time this youtube stream won't won't have as many good guests as Gametrailers I'm sure. #E3problems

You would think YouTube would get the 'better' guests because they'll have more viewers surely, especially if its advertised on the front page of YouTube before and on the day of E3.

Top Bottom