• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley to interview Moby Dick Studios

Gorillaz

God Kojima is such troll, tired of his joking around shit. He needs to grow up and act his age.....

who am I kidding? I can't stay mad at Kojima <3 shit was hilarious

Imm0rt4l

I know some people are annoyed by this whole act, but I prefer that they do this then release a bunch of footage prior to the games release like they did with MGS4. They showed entirely too much of that game. Also being as there is little known about these games it doesn't raise expectations so high, because Kojima has a very bad habit of making promises about these games that he can't fulfill. Being able to kill a metal gear pilot in MGS2 and change the course of the story comes to mind.

lol this interview
tumblr_mchsvyw5my1rbk089o1_500.gif

I know some people are annoyed by this whole act, but I prefer that they do this then release a bunch of footage prior to the games release like they did with MGS4. They showed entirely too much of that game. Also being as there is little known about these games it doesn't raise expectations so high, because Kojima has a very bad habit of making promises about these games that he can't fulfill. Being able to kill a metal gear pilot in MGS2 and change the course of the story comes to mind.

I agree. I think this whole thing is amazing and hilarious, and I honestly hope they don't reveal shit at GDC, just keep this ridiculousness going for a few more months and then drop the bomb at E3

Added a link to the interview in the op.

The most weird interview I've ever seen. Just watch it if you haven't. That's also a poor attempt at making a Swedish accent. Might be Norwegian but it mostly sounds like someone foreign trying to sound Swedish.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Does the Dorito Pope have no shame - being paid by video game publishers to hype their game.....rrrrrr journalistic standards wrrgharbl.

Keighley isn't a journalist, he's a host. Your post makes no sense. He does a bit of writing on the side for the Final Hours things, but he's a gaming personality. This stuff is what he does.

Forkball

You know most people would have asked "HEY IS THIS MGS V" as the first question but Geoff doesn't go for those mundane, actually useful questions. I did laugh at the Fox Engine bit at the end though.

ArjanN

This campaign is really informative in that it shows me exactly who has a sense of humor and who doesn't.

Keighley isn't a journalist, he's a host. Your post makes no sense. He does a bit of writing on the side for the Final Hours things, but he's a gaming personality. This stuff is what he does.

Carwash was obviously being sarcastic.

We're actually getting Ground Zeroes and another MGS game? Presumably 5?

Maybe. No one is really sure at the moment. Some are speculating that GZ or TPM will be the pilot episode that Kojima recently mentioned in an interview. It would kind of make sense for that to be GZ since he's said that it's a prequel to MGS5.

How are some people not getting this? On other gaming sites, I've been seeing people honestly accusing this game of ripping off Metal Gear lol.

Syringe

Probably been posted already (tried to search, but found nothing), but as a swede, I can say with 100% accuracy that the interviewed man not is from Sweden. Totally wrong accent. He's most likely Norwegian. Konami probably took the first Scandinavian they could find.

Not that we need anymore proof that all this is a PR-stunt, but... yeah...

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Probably been posted already (tried to search, but found nothing), but as a swede, I can say with 100% accuracy that the interviewed man not is from Sweden. Totally wrong accent. He's most likely Norwegian. Konami probably took the first Scandinavian they could find.

Not that we need anymore proof that all this is a PR-stunt, but... yeah...

He's a computer so it doesn't matter

Salaadin

Mogrens face at the end gets me every time. This is so dumb/awesome.

This campaign is really informative in that it shows me exactly who has a sense of humor and who doesn't.

Seriously. Some of the comments here and elsewhere...just lighten up, people.

I laughed at the whole thing. from geoff's tweet yesterday eluding to the interview being odd I knew something would be up. DID NOT DISAPPOINT. I don't know what the rest of you expected, but this was 100% what I assumed would happen, and I giggled through the whole thing. Happy I remembered to check my dvr before I went to bed last night.

GDC: my body is ready

Vinc

Sorry for the necrobump but I have to share this. I just went full on tinfoil hat mode and basically deconstructed this year's events with a friend and we both became kind of convinced that Kojima leaving Konami MIGHT be kind of a hoax... a crazy one... but this is Kojima's final MGS game...

and then we went back to this, Joakim Mogren. Anagram for Kojima... yes... but I don't remember ever seeing anyone decipher the last name? Seems a bit half-baked if it just means Kojima...

And... um... Mr. Kojima Gone?

Seems... convenient. I don't know where to post this, and I'm ready to get made fun of... but isn't this kind of funny / interesting / exciting in a crazy way?

You know what? That's what I always suspected. I remember Kojima saying in an interview that his next stunt might cost him his career. Since the announcement of his departure, I can't help but think that this is just one big hoax.

Sorry for the necrobump but I have to share this. I just went full on tinfoil hat mode and basically deconstructed this year's events with a friend and we both became kind of convinced that Kojima leaving Konami MIGHT be kind of a hoax... a crazy one... but this is Kojima's final MGS game...

and then we went back to this, Joakim Mogren. Anagram for Kojima... yes... but I don't remember ever seeing anyone decipher the last name? Seems a bit half-baked if it just means Kojima...

Seems... convenient. I don't know where to post this, and I'm ready to get made fun of... but isn't this kind of funny / interesting / exciting in a crazy way?
Look at what MGS2 did to people. Over a decade later, and they're still fucking crazy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You know what? That's what I always suspected. I remember Kojima saying in an interview that his next stunt might cost him his career. Since the announcement of his departure, I can't help but think that this is just one big hoax.
Stuff like this is an unforeseen consequence of Kojima's mindgames. People don't believe he's actually departing Konami or that David Hayter was dropped as Snake. They're both probably pretty torn up over it but fans will keep denying and hou ding them about it.

Vinc

No offense but it was figured out within minutes of the reveal.

And it's been talked about in today's context? I literally searched google and couldn't find anything about this.

Anyway, yes this is completely crazy, and there's pretty much no part of my brain that believes a huge corporation like Konami would allow such a crazy thing to happen, but the whole falling out thing feels surreal on it's own, and the timing of it feels just as surreal (especially since TPP isn't even out yet)... and it IS Kojima we're talking about, a Kojima who is wrapping up Big Boss' trilogy with his final MGS game. God knows he wouldn't be content just quietly releasing this game. I can't help but revel in this fanfiction-level stuff. It's so crazy that it might only get crazier from here.

After they officially canceled Silent Hills it's kind hard to believe in the crazy theories now =(

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Well, if he ISN'T gone, then why would Konami cancel Silent Hills?

Well...

Well...!

It is a anagram of that. So oddly specific, you little anagram you.

#TeamNotFired

#TeamKonamimaynotbeevillolyeahright

Top Bottom