• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley to interview Moby Dick Studios

robotrock

Banned
Sorry for the necrobump but I have to share this. I just went full on tinfoil hat mode and basically deconstructed this year's events with a friend and we both became kind of convinced that Kojima leaving Konami MIGHT be kind of a hoax... a crazy one... but this is Kojima's final MGS game...

and then we went back to this, Joakim Mogren. Anagram for Kojima... yes... but I don't remember ever seeing anyone decipher the last name? Seems a bit half-baked if it just means Kojima...

And... um... Mr. Kojima Gone?

Seems... convenient. I don't know where to post this, and I'm ready to get made fun of... but isn't this kind of funny / interesting / exciting in a crazy way?

FUCK

Fat4all

Banned
This would be somewhat possible if it weren't for Konami's actions. Now you could say "maybe Konami's playing along", but for that to be true Konami must of started a long time ago, as they've been assholes for years.

Bionic

And it's been talked about in today's context? I literally searched google and couldn't find anything about this.

Anyway, yes this is completely crazy, and there's pretty much no part of my brain that believes a huge corporation like Konami would allow such a crazy thing to happen, but the whole falling out thing feels surreal on it's own, and the timing of it feels just as surreal (especially since TPP isn't even out yet)... and it IS Kojima we're talking about, a Kojima who is wrapping up Big Boss' trilogy with his final MGS game. God knows he wouldn't be content just quietly releasing this game. I can't help but revel in this fanfiction-level stuff. It's so crazy that it might only get crazier from here.
You're gonna be super disappointed. I'm sorry, for you, for me, and for everyone who loves Kojima stunts. But yeah, it's not happening.

Vinc

Stuff like this is an unforeseen consequence of Kojima's mindgames. People don't believe he's actually departing Konami or that David Hayter was dropped as Snake. They're both probably pretty torn up over it but fans will keep denying and hou ding them about it.

Honestly though... does Mogren actually not mean anything? "Mr. Kojima Gone" would actually be a coincidence? Coming from the man who just revealed two AAA games in a row by essentially pretending they were "inconsequential", unknown indie games... one of which was an elaborate crazy puzzle demo he expected the internet to take weeks to decipher because it essentially was solved by yelling gibberish into the PS4 microphone? I mean, of all people to do something this crazy on such a huge scale, Kojima would be the perfect candidate.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Don't anyone dare try and tell me MGS fans aren't the fucking best!

Sorry for the necrobump but I have to share this. I just went full on tinfoil hat mode and basically deconstructed this year's events with a friend and we both became kind of convinced that Kojima leaving Konami MIGHT be kind of a hoax... a crazy one... but this is Kojima's final MGS game...

and then we went back to this, Joakim Mogren. Anagram for Kojima... yes... but I don't remember ever seeing anyone decipher the last name? Seems a bit half-baked if it just means Kojima...

Seems... convenient. I don't know where to post this, and I'm ready to get made fun of... but isn't this kind of funny / interesting / exciting in a crazy way?
RBnDeBk.jpg

Nah, Kojima knew that getting fired was the only way he could get away from MGS for good, so he planned on doing something to get him fired all the way back then.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Honestly though... does Mogren actually not mean anything? "Mr. Kojima Gone" would actually be a coincidence? Coming from the man who just revealed two AAA games in a row by essentially pretending they were "inconsequential", unknown indie games... one of which was an elaborate crazy puzzle demo he expected the internet to take weeks to decipher because it essentially was solved by yelling gibberish into the PS4 microphone? I mean, of all people to do something this crazy on such a huge scale, Kojima would be the perfect candidate.
The only thing I heard people get out of the Mogren part of the name was how it contained the word, "ogre," which was the supposed codename for Kojima's upcoming Fox Engine game, which turned out to be MGS5.

Vinc

Yea they even removed PT from PSN and even from people's accounts, this is too much for a hoax no matter what, sorry man but you gone too far with this :)

I can't imagine this not making kind of a huge splash if it does turn out to be a "hoax".

To be fair, I'm still not getting my hopes up and I still think this is way too crazy but in a sense, the coincidences and craziness surrounding this are way too interesting to pass up. It's not wise to get our hopes up, it's probably flat out stupid, but isn't this still kinda fun?

Seriously, what do you guys make of the anagram? Do you guys think Mogren is a last name Kojima picked at random just for fun, and ended up accidentally predicting what would end up happening? That + the hints that Kojima knew well in advance within Ground Zeroes itself?

Lunar15

Wait, wait a minute...

Farewell, sausage...

gear... sea... fuels... law?

Law Fuels Sea Gear.

It all makes sense now. Kojima is going into government to ensure that Japan builds real Metal Gear Rays.

The truth was RIGHT THERE, ALL ALONG.

androvsky

I'm sure the leads for Love Plus and Tokimeki Memorial leaving Konami a few days ahead of the Kojima mess blowing up was all part of the plan too.

Vinc

Nah, Kojima knew that getting fired was the only way he could get away from MGS for good, so he planned on doing something to get him fired all the way back then.

It's just so weird that a man who knew well in advance he would get fired and have his name removed from everything he created for a company he was a huge part of... would just... accept to temporarily work as a contractor to finish his final game he won't get official credit for... that he'd just... accept that fate and not even move on. It's even weirder that Konami would be willing to hire him as a contractor after the falling out. The whole situation is just flat out strange.

Muffdraul

This, along with the Deja Vu GZ mission, where you have to use the black light to erase all of the Kojima-directed MGS logos hidden on the base, and Kaz says "You might be able to erase the markings, but the memories will never disappear"...

I dunno, man. Hell of a coink-ee-dink.

Is there a crazier fanbase in the industry than the Metal Gear one? I kinda feel sorry for whichever publisher hires/contracts him next.

Vinc

Adding to that all the crazy rumors...

Kojima can't comment on twitter because he's scared it'll be a breach of contract, then he goes on to make a crazy E3 2015 trailer for the game with his name all over it, gives it to the man who helped him kick off the crazy reveal for the game so he can air it to millions of people, and Konami is fine with that or has no recourse somehow.

Meanwhile superbunnyhop reports that a KojiPro employee (who is under contract with Konami to finish up the game) tells him that Konami is making KojiPro's work more difficult by cutting the power at the office and other crazy stuff... all to make sure that the game they're financing is... more difficult to make?

Anyway, I'll let this go now, this has been fun :)

JayEH

Please buy Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on September 1 for PS3,PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox one, and PC.

Reply from Batzi:

"Someone tell him that Mogren was technically the hint. OGRE is in it. The whole Mody Dick Studio thing was co-planned with Ludvig Forsell (music composer) who chose Mogren for the trick. Joakim came out of no where and it was only a coincidence that it was an anagram for Kojima."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I WILL BUY TWENTY COPIES OF THE GAME IF THIS HAPPENS.

Vinc

Reply from Batzi:

"Someone tell him that Mogren was technically the hint. OGRE is in it. The whole Mody Dick Studio thing was co-planned with Ludvig Forsell (music composer) who chose Mogren for the trick. Joakim came out of no where and it was only a coincidence that it was an anagram for Kojima."

Fair enough... I guess?

I mean, how many coincidences are there with this story?

This is absolutely insane, they're trolling without meaning to now, apparently.

Wait, wait a minute...

Farewell, sausage...

gear... sea... fuels... law?

Law Fuels Sea Gear.

It all makes sense now. Kojima is going into government to ensure that Japan builds real Metal Gear Rays.

The truth was RIGHT THERE, ALL ALONG.

Law fuels can't melt Kojima conspiracies.

Zyrox

BATSHITINSANE02.gif

Walpurgis

Banned

Worthy necrobump.

This is a really nice find but, as others have said, Silent Hills has been cancelled and there was some inside info on Konami's work conditions. As hard as it is to believe, Konami really is that stupid.
Denial is one hell of an anagram.
Denial or lead in to the truth?

Vinc

Worthy necrobump.

This is a really nice find but, as others have said, Silent Hills has been cancelled and there was some inside info on Konami's work conditions. As hard as it is to believe, Konami really is that stupid.

Denial or lead in to the truth?

I honestly don't understand why they would go through the trouble of signing on everyone on a temporary contract so that the original creators get to finish their game while simultaneously removing all references crediting Kojima AND making their work conditions terrible, as if to hinder their work despite having signed them on to continue the game they are funding themselves. That's not stupidity, that's insanity. I guess I'm one to talk :p

Ricky_R

Reply from Batzi:

I'm not subscribing to the idea that this is an elaborated hoax, but you mean to tell me that Joakim came out of nowhere and it was coincidence that it was an anagram for Kojima?

I mean, of all the names in the world they picked the one that could be rearranged into Kojima? That's the mother of all coincidences.

Imm0rt4l

It probably is an anagram alluding to him leaving. That doesn't mean that it's a conspiracy to make it look like he's falling out with konami. He's probably known or had some idea that this might happen for some time.

Reply from Batzi:

Don't ever believe anything Batzi says. Ever. Tbh.

Top Bottom