• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley to interview Moby Dick Studios

Bsigg12

Why is game development so secretive compare to the music/television/movie industry? It's been getting pretty annoying and old now.

Because people freak out when they see really early content that looks terrible. People will take pictures that straight up say "not final build, actual game may vary" and take to flaming a developer because the game hasn't been polished.

Not that Keighley self-identifies as a journalist (or has anyone else identifying him as one), I kind of roll my eyes at this sort of human prop-filled marketing nonsense and that so many are gleeful to take part in it.

ly37xGr.png

Well about that...

levitan

...you guys do know that Kojima did not make those photoshopped photos right? Cuz it sounds like some of you guys think that Kojima put a blonde-wig on himself...

Dr Dogg

I think it's quite funny when you go to Bolagsverket which is Sweden's equivalent of Companies House and a search for Moby Dick Studios brings up nothing. A restaurant, a shop even a zoo but no Studio or anything games related at all. It's like they don't exist...

@geoffkeighley 7:16 PM
Update on that Phantom Pain interview: Joakim Mogren was a man I'm pretty sure I've not met before. He did show some new images on his iPad.

@geoffkeighley 7:18 PM
@KratosKilla The guy was definitely not Kojima. He legitimately seemed Sweedish. And I'm skeptical if he is actually a game developer.

I'll add all of this to the OP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guilherme Jacobs
@geoffkeighley Would you say it's 100% NOT Metal Gear Solid or is there still chance?

Geoff Keighley
@TheGhostSix Definitely still a chance, once you see the interview a bit more will become clear.

SHOCKING

Arnie

It'd be great if Kojima had been playing one big Prestige-esque ruse this entire time and he was actually Swedish.

Cartman86

Banned
Why is game development so secretive compare to the music/television/movie industry? It's been getting pretty annoying and old now.

In this case it's a game Kojima is playing to hype things up. The movie industry was the first to actually do this with A.I. and The Blare Witch Project. This continues with the secrecy behind a lot of JJ Abrams projects. It's good marketing. With film it's much harder to hide the fact that you are doing something if you are a big budget, but they certainly try.

synce

All Joakim pics are shopped and NOT from Kojima or Konami... not sure why one was added to the OP, it's just going to throw people off.

All Joakim pics are shopped and NOT from Kojima or Konami... not sure why one was added to the OP, it's just going to throw people off.
If you don't work at Moby Dick studios, and say that photo is shopped, you literally don't know what you're talking about.

Missing the point.

No one knows what's true or not here. Does Joakim exist? Does Moby Dick Studio exist? No one has claimed that the photos are real but likewise no one can prove that they're false. Saying that it'll throw people off is just silly. I'm adding all the information that I find interesting. People can use their own head when judging.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I know KojiPro showed off some real life/screenshot comparisons of their new engine but is there anyway it could produce an actual video of a talking Joakim Mogren, perhaps for this "interview"?

Do we live in this future yet?

DieH@rd

Banned
I know KojiPro showed off some real life/screenshot comparisons of their new engine but is there anyway it could produce an actual video of a talking Joakim Mogren, perhaps for this "interview"?

Do we live in this future yet?

H1bjG.jpg

6gqWP.jpg

No engine can show of Morgen and his beauty. We must be content with Big Boss and fancy bento.

Xpliskin

All these years I was wondering why he was called "Trolljima" online, I still have the kojima from video-game magazines in my head

Someone gather all the posts of people thinking that Moby Dick Studios might be actually real even like 50 pages in to the trailer topic so I can laffo again.

Who did I have the ban bet with?

Top Bottom