• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman signs up for "celebrity boxing match".

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

Shocked many in the black community cannot see what is coming and try to put a stop to this. Do not give this man room to come out victor after what he did. When DMX gets dragged around that ring like an old dog many will be happy to see a walking stereotype get his ass handed to him, even if it is by a child killer. Sad.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Not sure why everyone thinks Zim has it on lock. Sure DMX is a lanky crack head but it ain't like Zimmer Man cuts an impressive figure either. And he did get whooped by a kid.

Everyone involved in this nonsense should be ashamed. Hope no one watches this.

Fan of Zimmerman huh? That "thug" Trayvon got what he deserved?
Talk about a stretch. No I want Zimmerman to win so that people don't take him losing as some sort of justice for Trayvon from a fucking celebrity boxing match. We already see that kind of talk leading up here from Game and DMX. So ridiculous.

Zimmerman winning at least helps keep perspective here by making people cry about it in the process. Justice still not served.

MIMIC

Banned
This event happening (or even being contemplated) is truly embarrassing. I really hope this never actually happens.

Szu

def-jam-o.gif

Talk about a stretch. No I want Zimmerman to win so that people don't take him losing as some sort of justice for Trayvon from a fucking celebrity boxing match. We already see that kind of talk leading up here from Game and DMX. So ridiculous.

Zimmerman winning at least helps keep perspective here by making people cry about it in the process. Justice still not served.
Absolutely ridiculous. People can put it in perspective, and do the right thing, by rejecting this sideshow and denying Zimmerman the right to profit off of a child's death by his hand. Zimmerman winning or losing is moot, because we all lose some humanity for even allowing this farce to happen.

This is so bad. After the trial last thing people need is for Zimmerman to win again. DMX is a small guy and probably not doing to well. If Zimmerman wins this is gonna be bad news. I don't think the fight will happen personally.

Sheroking

They should go full WWE on this shit and have the camera cut to the backstage, where DMX has been hurt and there needs to be a replacement. Out walks Mike Tyson.

Snaku

Banned
This man is not a famous celebrity, he's an infamous murderer. That they're letting him do this is disgusting.

Absolutely ridiculous. People can put it in perspective, and do the right thing, by rejecting this sideshow and denying Zimmerman the right to profit off of a child's death by his hand. Zimmerman winning or losing is moot, because we all lose some humanity for even allowing this farce to happen.
Well of course I don't want it to happen. That was part of the point. But sounds like it will.

"Boxing match" . . . who the fuck are they trying to fool? A bunch of people just want to see Zimmerman get the crap kicked out of him.

I'd rather him disappear into obscurity.

Looking at America from the outside.. it aint pretty bruh. There's just so much wrong with this I just can't.

Hope X stabs him though

All it does is make zimmerman look good to his fans.

He wins? "You see how he took out that punk? Just like Trayvon!"
He loses? "See, he must have been telling the truth about Trayvon beating on him, I mean, look what happened!"

akira28

Z is going to end up wearing a Lee Harvey shocked and shook face one of these days. He just needs to dig a bunker and bury himself in it, and disappear from the public eye.

Nameless

Pre helluva drug DMX would have smashed Zimmerman. But Narcotics and mental illness have taken their toll. Dude has the physique of a Wal-Mart greeter these days. I give him no chance outside of a Sheek Louch run in.

painey

have you guys ever seen celebrity boxing? 3 rounds with heavy gloves. No one will get 'fucked up' and it will end on points with whoever has better cardio.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This is so fucking embarrassing.

Whatever happens, the people that think Zimmerman is scum will lose. This is a lose/lose situation for everyone but Zimmerman.

Zimmerman:

If he wins the match (which he will): "Yup, keep fighting the good fight against those undesirables, Georgie!" WINNER: Zimmerman.

If he loses the match: "Yup, we all told you he was a frail guy! He got whooped by a crackhead, so of course a healthy 17 year old boy could beat him! It was self defense after all!" WINNER: Zimmerman.

I'm not participating in this embarrassment, and I won't be watching the match (but I will no doubt be on the GAF thread lurking and silently seething. Lol).

J10

Banned
No matter who wins, everybody loses.

Pretty sure it's only black people who lose here. The narrative is racially driven. In the White corner you have Zimmerman, a hero to white supremacists for getting away with stalking and murdering a black teen, and his star is still rising. In the Black corner we have an old washed up broke crackhead who barks like a dog.

Fuck America so much right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom