• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman signs up for "celebrity boxing match".

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMZ said:
George Zimmerman wants to beat up Kanye West ... ironically because the rapper has a history of attacking "defenseless people."

Promoters for Zimmerman's upcoming celeb boxing match tell us he badly wants to step in the ring with Yeezus. The promoters are deliciously Machiavellian --- knowing for many it will become a choice between 2 evils ... thus becoming a must-see spectacle.

We're told George's beef with Kanye is not just that he attacks paparazzi ... but the innocents as well -- like the 18-year-old who allegedly called Kim an "N***** lover."

The promoters say if Kanye takes Zimmerman up on the offer ... they're willing to move the fight to L.A.

We'd livestream that.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/03/georg...eleb-boxing-defenseless-people/#ixzz2sIFOx7H2
http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/03/george-zimmerman-kanye-west-celeb-boxing-defenseless-people/

Cyan

Banned
Uh huh. Sounds like he got scared after people who would legit beat the shit out of him said they'd take him up on it, so decided to target a famous black dude he might actually win against.

Doesn't hurt that racists already hate Kanye, so he's playing to his target demographic.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
... George... you stalked and killed a minor walking home from the convenience store in the middle of the night. It doesn't get much more defenseless than that.

You bastard

Thread's gon' a whole notha level with the comics.
lol.gif

obama_thumbsup.gif

Riggs

Banned
Uh huh. Sounds like he got scared after people who would legit beat the shit out of him said they'd take him up on it, so decided to target a famous black dude he might actually win against.

Doesn't hurt that racists already hate Kanye, so he's playing to his target demographic.

Personally I hate Kanye for getting with Kim and making a joke out of himself, but I really would want him to win, Fuck Zimmerman.

styl3s

I kind of sort of possibly maybe want Zimmerman to beat up Kanye just because the internet rage would be glorious. And i hate Kanye.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Kanye would merc him. No question.

It can't be someone like Kanye that does this.

It has to be enough celebrity where it's noteworthy and at least makes Zimmerman do the fight, but not enough celebrity where it would earn him money (either from advertising, or from any lawsuits he filed against his opponent) or allow the person he fights to become the focus.

I wish it was DMX, actually.

linsivvi

I don't like Kanye and all, but I hope he won't take up this challenge. He has absolutely nothing to gain from fighting this murderer, while this monster would gain a lot financially from him.

I kind of sort of possibly maybe want Zimmerman to beat up Kanye just because the internet rage would be glorious. And i hate Kanye.

More than somebody who killed a stranger out of the blue?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Yeah I can't get my mind off of DMX fighting him now, if anybody does it I'll pull for that (unless we can get Kimbo or Tyson, obviously)

Also, bravo on the comics they're excellent

akira28

George Zimmerman, defender of "innocent" men who harass women at doctors office buildings and call them n*gger-lovers.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
i'm hoping its the game

OR

bring kimbo back to fight him, boxing only no mma

oh god...please let tyson do it haha even with 1 hand behind his back

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
DMX is a skinny little crackhead. Unfortunately Zimmerman would probably take him.

I didn't know if he'd have enough crazy in him to make up for any lost physical prowess though was my line of thinking. Plus I want to see DMX barking over a knocked out Zimmerman lol. Also, he could be desperate enough to actually do it. Fair point though.

I think if this does happen it will end up being JJ Evans or the guy who played Carlton or something. No way he gets in the ring with anyone even remotely threatening.

RedSwirl

I'm really having trouble imagining how this ever actually plays out without Zimmerman choking.

...actually I'm having trouble imagining why. Period.

Know what the funny thing is? I really thought he'd just sort of fall off the face of the Earth, what with all of his fears about being beaten up/jumped on the street and whatnot.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Is DMX still on drugs? If so, do the drugs give him super powers that will rival the training the Arian Brotherhood will probably be giving Zimmerman as an honorary member?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
As much as I hate to say it, I don't like DMX in this fight. Let's hope he takes it seriously and trains enough to put that piece of shit in his place.

That said, I wish this whole thing wasn't even happening. Zimmerman deserves to get his ass beat mercilessly, but he's the only winner regardless of the outcome. DMX knocks him out and he spins it as martyrdom to raise money for whatever charity he chooses. Racists will just call DMX a savage and it'll stoke those embers. If Zimmerman wins, he's their champion and he still gets to make a donation. While it would be satisfying to see him get laid out, it's not worth it. It's just giving him what he wants.

If everyone had just ignored this murdering fuck when he first pulled this stunt, we'd all be better off. As it stands, the only thing we have to gain is seeing him get fucked up.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Saw some recent pics of DMX. Was he always that skinny? Granted, I haven't seen him since he made that "Up in Here" song back in the early aughts, but I thought the dude was supposed to be jacked, like 50 Cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom