• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German GAF - Have you been able to preorder a PS5?

Have you been able to preorder a PS5 in Germany?

• Sure

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • not in Germany / am only getting Series X/S or a rtx3080 but felt the need to click something

Votes: 47 43.1%

• Total voters
Have you?

Where?

Missed the early morning sales on amazon mediamarkt and otto yesterday and haven't seen anything since.

I preorded lots of consoles since dreamcast times. But this time around its kinda crazy. seems like "stock" is extremely scarce.

been to mediamarkt and gamestop yesterday. they don't do store orders anymore since thursday morning. guy at gamestop told me they were ordered by sony directly not to do any more pre-orders. not by their headquarters. not sure if that was BS.

Wanted to get one from mediamarkt, had the chance after presentation and 5min in the morning. Decided not to. 1. if you pay per paypal, you need to pay 500 bucks for something you don‘t know will get shipped later.
2. you couldn‘t get in the market and pay there

in all honesty I don‘t believe at all this will be a ps4 situation. Sure stuff is limited because corona, put if a second lockdown comes around, people will worry about different things and not getting a 500€ console.

TheSweeper

2 digital editions, one from OTTO, right after the presentation, one from Amazon, early in the morning. So far both seem confirmed for the release date. Fingers crossed.

Orpheum

I secured a pre order from saturn. However they immediately delisted the console after i checked out and the date for pick up said november 30th...so i'm not really sure whats going on there and if i'll get it on release. Probably not

Exede

Nope, no PS5 for me. But i remember the PS4 launch back then. They released a bundle with Killzone and 2nd Controller. Soooo maybe, we will see an equally nice bundle for release day aswell. Maybe... who knows

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
Yes, I decided to check Amazon after the showcase and saw they brought up the PS5 article page again, although the link didn't work.
After one hour all the details (price, delivery date) were updated as well, that's when I was able to preorder.
30 minutes later it was sold out.

I secured a pre order from saturn. However they immediately delisted the console after i checked out and the date for pick up said november 30th...so i'm not really sure whats going on there and if i'll get it on release. Probably not

One of my friends had the same thing happening with his Media Markt preorder, today the delivery date jumped to November 19th.
Hope you'll be that lucky as well.

Orpheum

Yes, I decided to check Amazon after the showcase and saw they brought up the PS5 article page again, although the link didn't work.
After one hour all the details (price, delivery date) were updated as well, that's when I was able to preorder.

One of my friends had the same thing happening with his Media Markt preorder, today the delivery date jumped to November 19th.

Damn man... Just checked. They switched it to "we'll notify you once you can pick it up in store" not really promising :messenger_tears_of_joy:

alstrike

Austria GAF here and yes, I managed to grab one from Amazon.de

Took me two tries because the first time around they wouldn't send it over here but then a miracle happened in the middle of the night and was able to buy one DE and have it delivered to my place in Tirol.

Got my pre-order in at Gamestop. Went in when they opened Thursday morning. With my 400€ giftcard. Listened to the fat bitch that works there telling people on the phone that they prolly won't get one at launch if they order it "naked" which means just the console with no additional peripherals or games. You know.. the usual Gamestop bitchassery...

Kamina

Golden Boy
Austrian here, Mediamarkt in AT and DE seem to have enough contingents, but you need to pay to preorder and do it personally.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yep, did the complete preorder on GS like 20 min ago, my friend who work there told me that people who don't preorder are gonna se a ps5 around february...

Edit: sorry guys i didn't read the topic title, i'm italian not german.

Last edited:

Hudo

Hab zwar nicht gepre-ordert aber ich vermute es wird zumindest net so 'n Chaos geben wie zum PS4-launch wo die Leute sich aufgeführt haben wie die Hunnen vor den Toren Roms.

Tevious

I'm not German GAF, but I got my preorder in with amazon.de. Sorry, but at least I only got a Digital Edition, so I hope you guys don't mind. :messenger_winking:
Local preorders here in Korea I heard sold out in like 10 seconds, and I barely get by with the Korean language, so I never had a chance.

Self

Austrian here, Mediamarkt in AT and DE seem to have enough contingents, but you need to pay to preorder and do it personally.

A friend working at MM told me they expect a second contingent, but nothing guaranteed even if you pay in advance.

(Der will mich bestimmt nur trösten).

Yes, Otto. Getting the disc version for 450€ from there as I'm VIP and have a 10% off code on all products (you get that when you buy enough shit from them).

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Yes sir, from Amazon. My gaming PC and PS5 are ready for this gen. Best of both worlds, I’ll tell ya.

edit: sorry I thought I read gamergaf, not Germangaf. My apologies

Last edited:

Kupfer

For me, it's 3. I want a PS5 day one for sure. So one console to play Cyberpunk, one will be stored on OFW 1.0 and the third will be sold for 499€ and is just a backup if one order doesn't make it day 1.

So, two of my three pre-orders have already been cancelled because the dealers don't get enough consoles. This is exciting.

The two cancelled consoles where ordered at cyberport and the 3rd one from MediaMarkt with a date of delivery from 27.11 - 28.11. But they corrected it to the 19th in a separate mail, so I hope this preorder will come true.

Took 3 days off for its' release and cyberpunk....

Last edited:

lachesis

I ordered thru Amazon, but also got the email saying I may not get the system on launch day. Will see how it goes.

fucking hell:

Mittlerweile liegen mehr als 300 (!) Erfahrungsberichte von PlayStation-5-Käufern vor, deren Bestellungen annulliert wurden – vielfach untermauert mit Screenshots. Stornierungen betreffen unter anderem Euronics, Expert, Otto und Conrad.

notseqi

Nö. Hatte vorher schon gesagt, dass ich auf Preissenkungen (~400) oder ein leckeres Bundle warte und habe ohnehin keinen Bock auf das emotionale Investment was hier einige für Hardware leisten, sei es RTX oder PSeX5.
Launch line-up is fugged anyways.

Orpheum

update. I got an email and it switched to release day. So that's nice

Kupfer

update. I got an email and it switched to release day. So that's nice

I have received this email from MM, so I think they will deliver on time. Either it was really a mistake, or they wanted to have a buffer to be on the safe side and got their shit together now.

Liebe Kundin,
lieber Kunde,
vielen Dank für Ihre Vorbestellung der Playstation 5.

In unserem Onlineshop und auch auf Ihrer Bestellbestätigung wurde leider ein falsches Lieferdatum angegeben. Das korrekte Veröffentlichungsdatum ist der 19.11.2020. Für die fehlerhafte Angabe bitten wir in aller Form um Entschuldigung.

Für Rückfragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Viele Grüße

Ihr MediaMarkt

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Well I got the info from my local independent gamestore (yes a few still exist^^) that I will get my PS5. But I have to take a second controller which I anyway wanted and one Game which makes sense. So right now I will get a PS5 Demon's Souls and Spiderman :)

I tried amazon to pre order the console (which didn't work) and would have bought the games with my local store then because they couldn't guarantee that they get any consoles until today. So I am quiet happy right now. Hope I find the time to play . . .

Ma-Yuan

They force you to buy a 2nd controller as a kind of preorder fee? What?

Yes. Because they get forced to take 4 games and one Controller per console to get one console from Sony. Was always like this there. Had the same issues with PS3 and PS4 there. I think its the same for Media Markt and co but they don't care if they sell the stuff. Small business have to care. I don't mind since I get what I want.

Last edited:
Well I got the info from my local independent gamestore (yes a few still exist^^) that I will get my PS5. But I have to take a second controller which I anyway wanted and one Game which makes sense. So right now I will get a PS5 Demon's Souls and Spiderman :)

I tried amazon to pre order the console (which didn't work) and would have bought the games with my local store then because they couldn't guarantee that they get any consoles until today. So I am quiet happy right now. Hope I find the time to play . . .
Wo ist dein laden?

Orpheum

I have received this email from MM, so I think they will deliver on time. Either it was really a mistake, or they wanted to have a buffer to be on the safe side and got their shit together now.

I got the same exact one from Saturn. I chose in store pickup though

Last edited:
Top Bottom