• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German GAF - Have you been able to preorder a PS5?

Have you been able to preorder a PS5 in Germany?

• Sure

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • not in Germany / am only getting Series X/S or a rtx3080 but felt the need to click something

Votes: 47 43.1%

• Total voters

TheAssist

Yeah got mine during the night after the PS5 stream at Saturn. It was funny because at first I was at media markt and I actually thought I might wanne pick it up at the store. Just to have this feeling of getting your new console and driving home with it. All the way having this feeling of anticipation like a little child again. So I pondered that thought for a few minutes and when I reloaded the page it was sold out at all the locations near me.

So I went to Saturn and just preordered the DE with home delivery xD

CrysisFreak

Banned
Yeah got mine during the night after the PS5 stream at Saturn. It was funny because at first I was at media markt and I actually thought I might wanne pick it up at the store. Just to have this feeling of getting your new console and driving home with it. All the way having this feeling of anticipation like a little child again. So I pondered that thought for a few minutes and when I reloaded the page it was sold out at all the locations near me.

So I went to Saturn and just preordered the DE with home delivery xD
I thought about rolling with self pick-up at the store but in the end went with home delivery, don't want to deal with all the feral spergs that are ready to tackle you to get a PS5.

TheAssist

I thought about rolling with self pick-up at the store but in the end went with home delivery, don't want to deal with all the feral spergs that are ready to tackle you to get a PS5.

I mean since mine would have been reserved anyway, this sight would have been part of the fun :D
I mean when do you ever get the chance to go shopping in riot gear.

fuckin' hell:

ps5vorbestellung1hjh5.png

Kupfer

fuckin' hell:

ps5vorbestellung1hjh5.png
Got the same mail from Saturn & MediaMarkt and called the support-hotline.

The lady on the phone assured me that everyone who pre-ordered a Ps5 got this mail. Nobody was filtered out who gets a Ps5 and who doesn't. Furthermore it is still possible that the console will be delivered on the 19th. They are currently securing themselves with this -not order number-related- mail.
According to the customer service, it's "due to the manufacturer", who has taken too many orders and now can't keep up. I asked because she beat around the bush - yes, it's probably directly due to Sony. Saturn/MM are currently in direct contact with Sony and are negotiating, she didn't want to tell me more, she probably couldn't either.

So don't worry, everyone has this mail and no one has been filtered out yet. I see it positive and assume that many are canceling now, especially those who want to sell their console at a high price or already sold one and can't keep the release date themselves -> more PS's available for us gamers.

betrayal

Banned
I pre-ordered mine right five minutes after the pre-orders were available on Amazon. According to Amazon it will arrive on time on November 19th. Around 6 a.m., about 5-6 hours later, everything was already sold out.

RaZoR No1

The lady on the phone assured me that everyone who pre-ordered a Ps5 got this mail. Nobody was filtered out who gets a Ps5 and who doesn't. Furthermore it is still possible that the console will be delivered on the 19th. They are currently securing themselves with this -not order number-related- mail.
According to the customer service, it's "due to the manufacturer", who has taken too many orders and now can't keep up. I asked because she beat around the bush - yes, it's probably directly due to Sony. Saturn/MM are currently in direct contact with Sony and are negotiating, she didn't want to tell me more, she probably couldn't either.

So don't worry, everyone has this mail and no one has been filtered out yet. I see it positive and assume that many are canceling now, especially those who want to sell their console at a high price or already sold one and can't keep the release date themselves -> more PS's available for us gamers.
This is what other pages claim too.
Saturn and MM jsut want to cover themself, if something should happen.

Currently my order status still says 19.11

nahcir

Neo Member

I've preordered at Media Markt during the first wave (at around 5:45 am) and did NOT receive such an e-mail. A friend of mine who was able to secure a preorder at both Media Markt and Saturn during the second wave did receive the e-mail. I've already paid my console by Vorkasse, he chose to pick it up at the store and pay there. Maybe you're safe if they've already collected the payment?

Last edited:

TheKratos

Mediamarkt was also one of the few where you could "pre-preorder". Months before the official pre-order date you could already make a reservation for 50 euros. It was obvious this would cause a mess.

RaZoR No1

I've preordered at Media Markt during the first wave (at around 5:45 am) and did NOT receive such an e-mail. A friend of mine who was able to secure a preorder at both Media Markt and Saturn during the second wave did receive the e-mail. I've already paid my console by Vorkasse, he chose to pick it up at the store and pay there. Maybe you're safe if they've already collected the payment?
I pre-ordered it right after the PS Event around 11:50 PM (first wave?) and paid by PayPal (immediately booked the money) and still got the email.

As I mentioned earlier, they probably sent it out to save themselves, if anything should happen.

Btw: have you checked if you gave the correct email address or checked the spam folder?

Kupfer

I bought the first at Mediamarkt on 17th like 9 or 10 A.M., so first wave I guess and payed via Paypal. Second pre-order was Saturn with cash payment and pick up on 24th, 2nd wave - as a back-up.
Strange you didn't get a mail though ... but good for you of course!

Last edited:

nahcir

Neo Member
I pre-ordered it right after the PS Event around 11:50 PM (first wave?) and paid by PayPal (immediately booked the money) and still got the email.

As I mentioned earlier, they probably sent it out to save themselves, if anything should happen.

Btw: have you checked if you gave the correct email address or checked the spam folder?
Yes, I triple-checked. The only e-mails I've gotten (yet) are that my payment has been processed and the one attached.

yIbuAYt.png

Last edited:

nahcir

Neo Member
This concerns me. Is there anyone here who also pre-ordered at Media Markt and also did not receive such an e-mail, beside me?

Orpheum

Yes, I triple-checked. The only e-mails I've gotten (yet) are that my payment has been processed and the one attached.

yIbuAYt.png

I also got this one a few days after pre ordering and the follow up about the uncertainty as well. I was reading up about it on multiple news sites and apparently they are trying their best to get it into the hands of people who pre ordered online. I'm still cautiously optimistic but for now i hope that it will work out just fine.

nahcir

Neo Member
I also got this one a few days after pre ordering and the follow up about the uncertainty as well. I was reading up about it on multiple news sites and apparently they are trying their best to get it into the hands of people who pre ordered online. I'm still cautiously optimistic but for now i hope that it will work out just fine.
So it really seems like I'm the only one who has NOT received one of those "uncertainty-emails". I still don't know whether I should be happy or worried ;-/

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
My second controller came today together with a copy Demon's Souls.

Now iam running around my flat with the dual sense and make laser noises. :messenger_beaming:

At least my imagination is in tact.

Kupfer

PS5 I
Ordered at MM on 17.09. The delivery date was 27.11-28.11, on request on 18.09 this was a technical error and 19.11 was confirmed. Then the mail everyone got that the delivery could be delayed and in my order confirmation it says again/anyway (I don't know if the tracking in the mail is live and dynamic) 27.11-28.11.

PS5 II
In the second wave ordered from Saturn by collection and cash payment. Also here the general mail that the delivery could be delayed. Yesterday I was told that I will receive my console on 19.11 in the shop (the customer service didn't want to deal with my stupid request and didn't even check the order number) All in all, I don't expect to have a console at release.

How about you? Are you more lucky than me? I've read many people have their confirmation of dispatch yet.

Last edited:
so as an update to everyone who - like me ordered from Otto.de :
The Status of my Order changed from "ordered" to "processing" last Thursday. With the Extra Info that Hermes was informed about the delivery.
So since it dident progress further from that i called them this noon.
And apparently everything is fine with extually all PS5 orders they´ve told me. Packets are already in Hermes possession. But they (hermes) are not alowed to scan them into their System until 19.nov.
Legal Issues ... the´ve told me. So only on the 19th of November we will see the progress in our Acounnts.
So i think everyone with an existing order for a PS5 at Otto will recieve their PS5 at launch day.
If theres no furter fuckup from Hermes that is or any other Packet service.

Last edited:

Dackelbein

- 1 PS5 from Amazon Germany for myself, should arrive on Thursday
- 1 PS5 from Amazon France for a friend, who was unlucky with his preorder, should arrive next Monday/Tuesday

I have to come out now, my GF won't let me because it doesn't serve the family for some reason.

I have to get my kids hooked on video games so I can buy it for Christmas.

nahcir

Neo Member
My PS5DE from Amazon shipped and is estimated to arrvie tomorrow via DHL. Sill no news about my PS5 (SE) from MediaMarkt ;-(

Top Bottom