• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Switch TV ad featuring Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Nintendo..
4f95f0457cb9f2832729acd0f45263ca.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Man, I wish my university lectures went like that. I have, to date, never seen a handheld at uni, ever.

Effective ad for sure.

heringer

You can get some pretty bad case of hemorrhoids playing on the toilet. I expect Switch will display a message warning you of the dangers.

rardk64

Obviously the Toilet-Play is the highlight here, but let's not overlook that these guys are playing 8 player Mario Kart in the middle of a class.

I sure hope this guy cleaned his Switch before having friends over to play...

I can't believe they actually did this though, this toilet marketing could have saved the Wii U!
probably not

I sure hope this guy cleaned his Switch before having friends over to play...

I can't believe they actually did this though, this toilet marketing could have saved the Wii U!
probably not

I loved toilet playing my Wii U, but after a couple of months it stopped working that far, not sure if it was WiFi interference or damage from dropping the gamepad a few too many times

phanphare

Banned
that was an amazing commercial

even though they showed off someone playing on the toilet I thought the best part was how they show the system at the end where they put the handheld in the dock and the image on the handheld screen goes black and then pops up on the tv in the back. that was great.

I don't like how they're promoting 8 player "local play" when you need 8 switches for it.

it's a feature of the Switch and it's a pretty awesome one, at that. why not show it?

You can do 8 player local with 4 switches. Split screen on each switch.

Actually doesn't one Switch support 4 joy-cons? So 4-players each on 2 Switch units.

You could possibly get 32-player local multiplayer if Nintendo allows that, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Edit: Also, hey Nintendo, save loads of money, and just air this worldwide. ;)

Well, they'd have to change MK8's box to reflect each region, but the ad can be the same otherwise. :)

Seik

Banned
They showed the guy playing while #2ing because, let's be honest, we'll all do that at some point. :lol

Plum

It's telling of Nintendo of Japan's incongruity with the rest of the world that none of these Western ads have featured people suddenly playing a round of 1-2 Switch. The Switch's main concept is its best selling point, advertising needs to hammer it home as much as possible. Also great that they've finally recognized what many will mostly use the Switch's handheld mode for. Now there won't be any bullshit signal issues if your bathroom is one or two walls away.

PSqueak

Banned
I don't like how they're promoting 8 player "local play" when you need 8 switches for it.

If i recall correctly, the least number of switches you need for 8 players is 2.

It's telling of Nintendo of Japan's incongruity with the rest of the world that none of these Western ads have featured people suddenly playing a round of 1-2 Switch. The Switch's main concept is its best selling point, advertising needs to hammer it home as much as possible. Also great that they've finally recognized what many will mostly use the Switch's handheld mode for. Now there won't be any bullshit signal issues if your bathroom is one or two walls away.

The switch has a lock on japan's market, they can show weird casual party stuff.

In the west, the Switch needs to get a grip on the hardcore gaming market.

atom519

Does anyone know how many players MK8 supports over the LAN? I guess I didn't really think about anything besides playing split screen together.

One of the Switches just serve as the host I assume?

Berordn

They the guy playing while #2ing because, let's be honest, we'll all do that at some point. :lol

I imagine most smartphone owners already do this. The numbers for 3DS and Vita are probably similar.

Nintendo Switch: #1 for #2.

K' Dash

Actually doesn't one Switch support 4 joy-cons? So 4-players each on 2 Switch units.

You could possibly get 32-player local multiplayer if Nintendo allows that, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Edit: Also, hey Nintendo, save loads of money, and just air this worldwide. ;)

Have they shown 4 player split screen?

Anteo

Does anyone know how many players MK8 supports over the LAN? I guess I didn't really think about anything besides playing split screen together.

One of the Switches just serve as the host I assume?

It should be no diffenrent than 3ds mario kart 7. 8 player 1 of them hosts.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Man, I wish my university lectures went like that. I have, to date, never seen a handheld at uni, ever.

Effective ad for sure.

As a student, I had a (small) course where the week after 3DS launch, seven out of eight members of the course were playing Nintendo 3DS before the course began. Also, this semester there was a student in the course I was giving who was playing Pokémon Sun & Moon while attending the course (she was still actively participating, as usual, Pokémon only takes a small amount of your attention ;)).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Playing 1-2-Switch on the toilet would be quite an ad. Not a good one, but a memorable one for sure.

Top Bottom