• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Switch TV ad featuring Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

newsguy

This is the plot of the new Contagion film. At the end of the movie when everyone is dead, they'll discover that the shit flecks that came from that guys asshole were the point of origin.

noshten

But Switch is supposed to be a console - what are all these people playing it in handheld mode, don't they know it only has 3 hours of battery life? This is not a 3DS replacement!

/s

daxgame

the university part left me "lol"
that's not educational, guys !

Pretty much how I spent my math hours in high school, but it was MKDS

Plum

Playing 1-2-Switch on the toilet would be quite an ad. Not a good one, but a memorable one for sure.

Holy shit you just gave me a good idea for a toilet-based 1-2-Switch ad.

Two family members get to the bathroom door at the same time. It's made clear that they're both going to be in there a while getting ready for the day, but since neither got there first one pulls out the Switch and they play the quickdraw minigame to see who gets to go first. Nintendo give me a marketing position please.

KooopaKid

Banned
But Switch is supposed to be a console - what are all these people playing it in handheld mode, don't they know it only has 3 hours of battery life? This is not a 3DS replacement!

/s

Nintendo is so pushing it as their next home console, isn't it obvious? They even said it!

AdanVC

Holy crap! they actually put a dude taking a dump and guys having a serious gaming party at a unis room not giving a damn about school, LOL! Amazing stuff.

The best part is that it doesn't feature kids holding Wii Remotes anymore!!! #Progress

Krakatoa

Awesome, on shitter gaming is back. The Wii U never worked as well in the bathroom for me due to the screen blacking out. The switch thankfully wont have that issue. Have they mentioned if it s water proof? I know some gaffers might need that :)

bomblord1

Banned
ezgif.com-optimize7jsk9.gif

Plum

Awesome, on shitter gaming is back. The Wii U never worked as well in the bathroom for me due to the screen blacking out. The switch thankfully wont have that issue. Have they mentioned if it s water proof? I know some gaffers might need that :)

I doubt a device with venting holes can ever be waterproof lol

orioto

Good Art™
I don't like how they're promoting 8 player "local play" when you need 8 switches for it.

Things evolved. Monster Hunter happened. Games with strong community.

It's not about buying 8 Switch to play 8 players games. It's really more about uniting with friends of a community that like a game.

I mean you see it as some sort of constraining feature when it's actually a convenient one.

Pandy

Amusingly, this is actually a downgrade from the WiiU functions. You could play Mario Kart 8 on the toilet, AND your friends could be playing with you on the TV in the WiiU version.

Galang

Banned
Did they really show someone taking a dump? Lol... It gets the message through I guess...

Amusingly, this is actually a downgrade from the WiiU functions. You could play Mario Kart 8 on the toilet, AND your friends could be playing with you on the TV in the WiiU version.

This just sounds weird. People take dumps with their friends over? lol

Did they really show someone taking a dump? Lol... It gets the message through I guess...

This just sounds weird. People take dumps with their friends over? lol

No everybody waits til there's no one else within a 2 mile radius and pretends they don't shit

rardk64

Things evolved. Monster Hunter happened. Games with strong community.

It's not about buying 8 Switch to play 8 players games. It's really more about uniting with friends of a community that like a game.

I mean you see it as some sort of constraining feature when it's actually a convenient one.

Yeah, this is what I don't get. It's not saying that's the only way to play local multiplayer, it's just really handy for people who have them to be able to join in and play on their own screens. This would be the best way to do local multiplayer IMO.

phanphare

Banned
60fps

More screen real estate

Less "extra" controllers required.

Need I go on?

it's 60fps in 2 player split screen

more or less screen real estate is a trade off for either having or not having your own Switch

the Switch has 2 controllers out of the box for 2 player split screen

Top Bottom