• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany February 2021 top selling games

Bodomism

Banned
Ewq2YnQVcAEOxkk

Stuart360

Damn Germany is Nintendo land?. Also no GTA, wow

Edit. GTA in 18th, not used to seeing it so low down lol.

Last edited:

Woopah

How did Persona 5 do in Germany? I'm surprised that Strikers didn't chart.

I'm guessing the lack of days tracked for BD2 is why it isn't on there.

How did Persona 5 do in Germany? I'm surprised that Strikers didn't chart.
It barely cracked the Top 10 in when it released in April of 2017, but by May it had dropped out of the Top 20.

The series isn't all that popular in Germany, mostly because prior to Persona 5 none of the entries got German translations.

Last edited:

Reindeer

If GTA V was available for the Switch it would be ranked even higher.
Which begs the question, why hasn't 2K capitalised on its success and made a Switch port? I mean that would probably sell 30 million copies no problem. Maybe they're tired of printing money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned
Which begs the question, why hasn't 2K capitalised on its success and made a Switch port? I mean that would probably sell 30 million copies no problem. Maybe they're tired of printing money.

most likely because they couldn't port over the current version of GTA Online and that way they can't easily monetize it. remember that last gen GTA Online stopped getting updates years ago.

and maybe the current version wouldn't work on Switch either due to RAM limitations or other issues.

Reindeer

most likely because they couldn't port over the current version of GTA Online and that way they can't easily monetize it. remember that last gen GTA Online stopped getting updates years ago.

and maybe the current version wouldn't work on Switch either due to RAM limitations or other issues.
I think you maybe right about GTA online being the problem as I doubt Switch would have problem running the base game, it's somewhat more powerful than PS3/360 after all. They would still make a ton I would assume from just offering single player version, but I guess hundreds of millions is small money to them these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unprecedented domination from one of the Big 3. When are we gonna see topics “Is Sony becoming irrelevant in 🇩🇪?” We had them for Japan and this looks identical.

Once again, great to see Nintendo back on top.

The Wii U could've been a huge success if it simply had a different name. It's blatantly obvious at this point that the games weren't the problem.

turtlepowa

Banned
No way is that The Last of Us Part 2 in the charts? I've sure been seeing it in a lot of sales charts over the past few months for a game that so many here claimed stopped selling after the first week.
It's below 20 bucks since weeks in Germany and next week there is a offer for 12,50 Euro.

GymWolf

I actually thought about what you might have written there.

I get that is is a joke but still.
Jokes have no boundaries, especially not in a place like this where you see far more heavy jokes.

I only edited for people like you that probably also hate stuff like south park.

I'm never gonna have a better word pun than jewgglypuff :messenger_crying:

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Jokes have no boundaries, especially not in a place like this where you see far more heavy jokes.

I only edited for people like you that probably also hate stuff like south park.

I'm never gonna have a better word pun than jewgglypuff :messenger_crying:
I love South Park.

Sure the darker the humor the funnier it can be but the more inappropriate it also is.

I guess sales figures are a really dry theme so you tried to "lift" it up.

RobRSG

It barely cracked the Top 10 in when it released in April of 2017, but by May it had dropped out of the Top 20.

The series isn't all that popular in Germany, mostly because prior to Persona 5 none of the entries got German translations.
I think only Royal got German subtitles.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Are any of those games developed in Europe? I think the Ubi games are both from Canadian studios.

Kenpachii

Do you have a source for that, especially for Germany?

All mobile games are digital
All free to play games are digital
All PC games are digital
Sony even stated more digital sales now then physical
Not sure about nintendo but they also stated late 2020 they had more digital then physical sales.
micrsosoft is probably one big gamepass galore at this point which will nuke sales heavily.
Add corona in the mix where no shop is open, and people buy way more digital then ever before.

Yea i would say those lists are beyond idiotic. it only showcases which company still sales the most physical copy's which is meaningless.

Kerotan

1 Microsoft game
1 Sony game
12 Nintendo games

🤔
It's the next gen lul where there's not many new next gen games and people are holding off buying ps4 games to play them on ps5. Also Nintendo in their peak of the gen. It's a mismatch atm.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Shows the sad state that the industry is in.

Mainly one console
All but 3 are sequels or remakes (one of which is over 10 years old)
Only 2 are original : Ring Fit (a niche title) and Immortal Fenix Rising

The industry wont last long if the other consoles don't sell and if there are no new IP's (new blood!)

Bodomism

Banned
Shows the sad state that the industry is in.

Mainly one console
All but 3 are sequels or remakes (one of which is over 10 years old)
Only 2 are original : Ring Fit (a niche title) and Immortal Fenix Rising

The industry wont last long if the other consoles don't sell and if there are no new IP's (new blood!)
RingFit Adventure has sold 8.68 million units which is bigger than FF7R and Fenix Rising.

Last edited:

Kupfer

All PC games are digital
Not sure about nintendo but they also stated late 2020 they had more digital then physical sales.
micrsosoft is probably one big gamepass galore at this point which will nuke sales heavily.
Add corona in the mix where no shop is open, and people buy way more digital then ever before.

Yea i would say those lists are beyond idiotic. it only showcases which company still sales the most physical copy's which is meaningless.

I also think it is like you say.
Nevertheless, such serious statements like
As most games are sold digital, this is pointless.
would be more serious with source evidence. Without this evidence, you only assume something, but present it as a binding statement.

All PC games are digital

Digital on console only makes up 24% in Germany. It may have been 30% in 2020.

Download-Portale wie der Epic Games Store, Nintendo eShop Origin, PlayStation Store, Steam, Uplay oder der Xbox Games Store haben sich neben dem klassischen Handel als Verkaufsstelle fest etabliert. Für PC-Spieler sind die Portale sogar die Anlaufstelle Nummer eins: Rund 9 von 10 PC-Spielen werden heute als Download gekauft. Bei den Konsolen-Spielen sind es mit 24 Prozent knapp ein Viertel der Titel.

Translation

Download portals such as the EGS, eShop, Origin, PSN, Steam, Uplay or the Xbox Store have firmly established themselves as sales outlets alongside traditional retailers. For PC gamers, the portals are even the number one point of contact: Around 9 out of 10 PC games are now purchased as downloads. For console games, the figure is 24 percent, or just under a quarter of all titles.

itsArtie

No wonder FIFA is so high. A lot of football fans + casual gamers paying for the same game for the past 7-8 years.
I didn't expect Nintendo games to be so high on the list.

Woopah

Ah yes of course the translaion issu. Thanks for
As others have said, you'd need a large, expensive cart to have all of GTAV: Online on
Unprecedented domination from one of the Big 3. When are we gonna see topics “Is Sony becoming irrelevant in 🇩🇪?” We had them for Japan and this looks identical.
Sony is way stronger in Germany that Japan. Their hardware' sales are better than the Switch's (at least until the end of 2019 they were) and I bet if you split the software chart by SKU you would see quite a few PS4 or PS5 SKUs in the top 20 for February. That would not be the case in Japan
Are any of those games developed in Europe? I think the Ubi games are both from Canadian studios.

There are some:

FIFA 2021 - Support provided by EA Romania
Just Dance 2021 - lead developer is Ubisoft Paris
Minecraft - original creator was Mojang Studios in Sweden
Little Nightmares II - developed by Tarsier Studios in Sweden
Super Mario 3D All Stars - Uses emulation technology created by Nintendo European Research & Development in France
GTA V - Key developer is Rockstar North in Scotland

Top Bottom