• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get someone into a manga with just one page (READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

That doesn't really look interesting at all... :S

eew sports

nice whirlwind though

smh so hard I broke my neck

qrRMD2n.png
Eyeshield 21

I Am a Hero

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
any particular reason? I don't have as extensive a knowledge of manga as I do of western comics, and in fact as far as I am aware Oyasumi punpun is the only Asano work I've ever read. Is there some defining characteristic of Asano's work that seems at odds with what you perceive me to generally enjoy? I enjoyed Punpun for its depressing moments of aching loneliness mixed in with the casual depictions of family and social drama that resonate with me personally, and I didn't feel its oddness got in the way, like I sometimes tend to in anime and manga.

You should read solanin.

Akito

This autobiographical essay manga centers on Moyoco Anno's married life with her husband, director Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion). The comedic and heartwarming book follows their "otaku lifestyle" and also features an "otaku glossary" with 20,000 words.
Insufficient Direction by Moyoco Anno.

Doubutsu no Kuni by Makoto Raiku

Charade

Omoide Emanon by Kajio Shinji & Tsuruta Kenji
(there is also a sequel, Sasurai Emanon)

Fushigi na Shounen by Yamashita Kazumi
The manga is composed of various episodes linked together by a godlike boy with no particular name. The boy travels to different times and places, meeting different people, letting them see a glimpse of their future or past, or the secrets of others, and bets to see if they can change their fate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll try it out if it's from the same guy. I'm kinda curious now what characteristic themes connect his works, so I can understand why perhaps it'd seem odd I would like it :D

Insecurities of growing up, life, and the complications of personal relationships. That sort of thing.

Amir0x

Banned
Insecurities of growing up, life, and the complications of personal relationships. That sort of thing.

then i guess i know why I would probably like much of his work. now I just want to know why someone would think i would not! I can relate to a lot of that stuff, such as my fight with depression in my early 20s.

BigDes

Is One Punch Man anything more than a repeated joke about the dude's ability to kill anything in one punch?

Cause it looks so pretty but I read the first few and it was the same every time, does the manga develop at all?

PranooY

This page got me into Parasyte
I was just booting up my computer to find an appropriate image for PARASYTE. Since most amazing pages contain gore or other disturbing stuff.

Parasyte is one of my favorite manga ever. Its amazing.
Some one suggest me a manga which is similar and as awesome as Parasyte.:)

Necrovex

Well I know what I'll be doing when I have a three month vacation from work. Thanks for this kick-ass thread, I have so much to read now!

Eteric Rice

Seriously one of my favorite manga/anime ever. Doesn't rely on silly fan service, moe, or action. It had me at the end of my seat my whole way through. I picked this page because it pretty much tells you what it's about.

0CORuyy.jpg

I was just booting up my computer to find an appropriate image for PARASYTE. Since most amazing pages contain gore or other disturbing stuff.

Parasyte is one of my favorite manga ever. Its amazing.
Some one suggest me a manga which is similar and as awesome as Parasyte.:)

You guys know theres a parasyte movie coming out?

Sorry to be off topic, but how do you post an image "within" those boxes? One of my earlier posts was deleted I think because I didn't do this.

Peco

Sorry to be off topic, but how do you post an image "within" those boxes? One of my earlier posts was deleted I think because I didn't do this.

OP said:
3. One page per post. Maybe more than one if this thread doesn't get a lot of traction but let's keep the clutter to a minimum for consistency sake. If it's a large image, put it in quotes so it won't take up the entire page. Basically just be courteous.

scy

Actually, if I recall your post, it was because of it being a watermarked image. Make sure you clean those up before posting.

any particular reason? I don't have as extensive a knowledge of manga as I do of western comics, and in fact as far as I am aware Oyasumi punpun is the only Asano work I've ever read. Is there some defining characteristic of Asano's work that seems at odds with what you perceive me to generally enjoy? I enjoyed Punpun for its depressing moments of aching loneliness mixed in with the casual depictions of family and social drama that resonate with me personally, and I didn't feel its oddness got in the way, like I sometimes tend to in anime and manga.

I don't know, I guess I just didn't expect you to know about it if you aren't a big manga guy. Punpun isn't the most known one out there, even if it isn't super obscure for fans of the medium.

You should check out stuff by Hanazawa Kengo too since their works are kind of similar.

Korosenai

Medaka Box by Nisio Ishin and Akatsuki Akira

Bonus
He is the same guy who did this ^

Your regular shouen, with battles, comedy and a little echii. The story and characters are all pretty great tho.

Thumbs up. I tried finding a good Kumagawa pic last night to post, but couldnt really find anything that did him justice. I almost posted his hand bra jeans color page but it was too nsfwish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom