• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting Married, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit-Bit

Hi Gaf, I'm getting married in 9 days. I've got everything planned and done...except.

We are having our ceremony on the beach and the song that will be playing during the ceremony is Kakariko Village from the Zelda Symphony Concert. However, there's no electricity on the beach so how am I supposed to have this song playing? I've got both the CD and a digital version of this song.

My current solution consists of a Dre Beats Pill (battery powered Bluetooth speaker) by the altar. Any other ideas?

filepicker-hzvujbd3q5eklzas8wfl_boombox_on_shoulder.jpg

Have your best man carry this around

Just use an ipod docking station with speakers. I could be wrong, but the one I have doesn't require it to be plugged into an outlet if it has a charge.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
A set of bluetooth speakers interconnected to one device
a car battery used to hook up a stereo system temporarily with proper cables
A gas powered, noisy and buried in sand generator and a looooooooooong ass cable
If possible, stream the song to everyones phones simultaneously. Might not be exactly at the same time even if streaming but test if there is a way.

It's not that important how, just pick the simple one. Ask friends.

And this should be simple. Delegate to best man and stop worrying.

BFIB

If you are having a Zelda tune during the ceremony, then you need to have someone ready to go with the chest opening song when you go to kiss for the first time.

Then both turn and raise your hands at the end during the "DO DO DO DOOOO!" part.

Oaktree

Banned
Laptop with some amazing speakers.

Should play the FF7 battle theme and have the bridesmaids and groomsmen fight. :)

badblue

Gold Member
Get a Power Pack
They are not too pricy, and damn useful if you go anywhere, like camping, and want a little power to charge stuff. I took mine house boating, as we had to turn the power off at night and I used it to run y CPAP machine everynight.

RuGalz

Beach is quite open and your speaker will be fighting with ocean sound. Battery powered speakers probably won't be loud enough unless you have a very small wedding. (Plus cranking those speakers up all the way may cause distortion.) I used a battery powered speaker, hooked up to a laptop, but my setting is in a very quiet and secluded park. I also have the songs on a mp3 player as backup. With about 80 people, you can barely hear what's coming out of the speaker unless everyone is absolutely quiet...

I'm assuming you didn't hire a DJ so the alternative maybe to rent outdoor loud speakers with portable battery pack. They are not exactly cheap though, cost about as much as hiring a DJ from what I have seen. Car with loud stereo might be an option if you could get a car parked there.

Find some Bolivians and Peruvians who can play the song for you on actual Ocarinas. I don't know what it would cost, but you would have to hire them for learning the song well.

Also, congrats! I hope your wedding goes well!

Homeboyd

You really need a powerful sound system to get sound to be louder than the waves.
Perhaps TWO Dre Beats Pills?? Sync 2 phones to play the music at the exact same time.

I mean, you could get 4 or 5 of them going at once around everyone and really immerse the crowd in the beautiful symphony.

Bit-Bit

Yeah, I'm gonna grab two of those speakers this weekend, get a splitter and run a direct line into both of them. Then take it to the beach and see how far away I can hear it from. It shouldn't be too bad since we only have about 60 people coming. 30 on the left and 30 on the right.

NH Apache

Banned
Hi Gaf, I'm getting married in 9 days. I've got everything planned and done...except.

We are having our ceremony on the beach and the song that will be playing during the ceremony is Kakariko Village from the Zelda Symphony Concert. However, there's no electricity on the beach so how am I supposed to have this song playing? I've got both the CD and a digital version of this song.

My current solution consists of a Dre Beats Pill (battery powered Bluetooth speaker) by the altar. Any other ideas?

My sister got married on an island in Maine. We used a simple boombox with an aux in. Granted, everyone was pretty close, but we did have about 50 people.

isny

napkin dispenser
Man ya'll have some bad ideas.

Coming from someone who does this professionally, you can rent a professional grade speaker with XLR or RCA inputs and then plug your ipod or music device into it and control it from the ipod.

Try party stores, event companies, etc. Just Google it.

I can't find the exact model online, but I'm sure if you mention to the rental company you're looking for a speaker to play music off an ipod with, they'll know what you're talking about.

Something similar to one of these.

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/portable-market/eon206p#.VQL2q_nF8sw

Tom Nook

You can try linking two Pills: one on the front and the rear.

Man ya'll have some bad ideas.

Coming from someone who does this professionally, you can rent a professional grade speaker with XLR or RCA inputs and then plug your ipod or music device into it and control it from the ipod.

Try party stores, event companies, etc. Just Google it.

I can't find the exact model online, but I'm sure if you mention to the rental company you're looking for a speaker to play music off an ipod with, they'll know what you're talking about.

Something similar to one of these.

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/portable-market/eon206p#.VQL2q_nF8sw

Now that isny has solved your problem can we please make the thread about which Nintendo theme you should consummate your marriage to? I have some good suggestions you see.

InfernoNR

I would recommend getting the Ultimate Ears BOOM bluetooth speaker. I've heard it's really loud. Even then though I think you may have a difficult time overcoming the sound of the ocean.
389421-logitech-ue-boom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom