• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFWL Has a Good Sale for once! Age of Empires III for 10 cents/10 MSP

Lasthope106 said:
I don't buy it. This must be planned - too random for something like this to occur. They want to get us to at least have one game in their service. If that is the case, good job MS.
lolwut

Catshade

SalsaShark said:
god fuckin dammit i wanted this, why is your client so shitty microsofttttttttttt

Im guessing its a regional thing, but at least Steam DOESNT SHOW ME THE GAMES I CANT GET DAMMIT

such a tease

Can't you just create a new US-based account?

vazel said:
I hope this stays in our purchased list. Microsoft didn't let us keep the free Fable 2 glitch, when you try to redownload it it downloads the demo.
Wow, really? That is pretty stupid.

Zzoram

If I buy this with the 30 leftover points I have on my account will I be able to redownload at a future date?

Whatever, did it anyways. I was never going to be able to spend those 30 leftover MS points anyways.

Salsa

Catshade said:
Can't you just create a new US-based account?

I guess, but why should i ? its their fuckin fault

ugh.. guess ill try that, hope its still there.

edit: jesus fuckin christ i need another email address to do that, fuck it.

They're trying to get people to get on their service after the relaunch. It's called a loss leader.

I would rather keep a clean 1300 Allards because some game will probably cost that much in the near future (Fez)

Timan

Developer
Awesome, was able to get it myself.

Might be a tip to copy the CD key that shows up under your games incase they plan on removing it.

Chris R

Timan said:

Might be a tip to copy the CD key that shows up under your games incase they plan on removing it.
How do I do this? I had 40 points left on my account so this was a no brainer (doubt I'll ever play it but whatever).

Timan said:

If they don't want you to play it they'll just deactivate the CD key.

edit.
49TLB.png

If I was a publisher I would be pretty pissed at Microsoft for using their POS silverlight. They're just screwing people over. I'm never going to install that shit and I'm betting a lot of other people who like to keep their PCs free of crap will be doing the same.

Lothars

Zzoram said:
If I buy this with the 30 leftover points I have on my account will I be able to redownload at a future date?

Whatever, did it anyways. I was never going to be able to spend those 30 leftover MS points anyways.

Yes you can download it whenever you want.

God their client sucks! I purchased it for .10c (still expect it to show up for $10.00 or $39.95) and it is slowing up my computer to a crawl. I will just download it from Usenet and use the CDkey that came with the purchase. And then promptly uninstall the client from my computer. God it sucks.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
LOL i had exactly 10 MS points on my account. Bought!

Im finally at Zero ms points. Got sick of seeing 10-50 MS points i could never spend.

when i click purchase even if i have 29 points.
Error connecting to the service.

There was a problem connecting to the Games for Windows - LIVE service. Click Retry to attempt the connection again, or click Troubleshoot to attempt to diagnose and repair the problem.

If you continue to have problems connecting, you may need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

RetryTroubleshoot

OH fuck. so stupid. i ahd to click the tab that says "use points" :lol got it.

suikodan

Ahahaha, I'm sure I won't play it but for 10MSP, I will not complain.

Thanks for the tip GAF.

(For those who can't find it, try clicking on the TITLE link on top, it list them as "Most popular" when you see it at first.)

Red

Metalic Sand said:
LOL i had exactly 10 MS points on my account. Bought!

Im finally at Zero ms points. Got sick of seeing 10-50 MS points i could never spend.
Same here.

Mrbob

LovingSteam said:
God their client sucks! I purchased it for .10c (still expect it to show up for $10.00 or $39.95) and it is slowing up my computer to a crawl. I will just download it from Usenet and use the CDkey that came with the purchase. And then promptly uninstall the client from my computer. God it sucks.

Hahah yeah I'm having the same problem. This client is hot garbage.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK
Just when my computer starts failing again, and I can't access the GFWL client, this happens.

Fredescu

Visualante said:
I'm never going to install that shit and I'm betting a lot of other people who like to keep their PCs free of crap will be doing the same.
Yet you installed the GFWL client. Fight the power!

You made me install the new GFWL client. Man, the thing is slow as shit. But at least it starts, unlike the previous edition.

I don't even know what's going. It's like a web browser or something?

Oh shit, it's making my computer lock up almost.

edit
It crashed. Thank god.

Just got it for $0.10. Everything seems to be working fine for me. What an amazing deal if this is indeed what they intended. (Good deal regardless I guess haha)

I just have to repeat that the client is a total POS! I have used Impulse, no problems. Steam, no problems. Microsofts GFWL client? Literally made me restart my computer. Microsoft, if any of your employees are reading this, the only time I will EVER buy a game from your shitty store is if its 10c or less. Screw that crap.

VibratingDonkey said:
You made me install the new GFWL client. Man, the thing is slow as shit. But at least it starts, unlike the previous edition.

I don't even know what's going. It's like a web browser or something?

Oh shit, it's making my computer lock up almost.

edit
It crashed. Thank god.

YUP! Just get the game key and download the game from the webz.

Mrbob

It was probably supposed to be 10 dollars but the monkey flipped the wrong switch! No more monkeys there right now to fix it.

vazel

Banned
markot said:
Whats wrong with silverlight >.<?
shrug.gif
Never had issues with it and it runs faster on my old PC than Flash. Due to the popularity of Netflix I'm betting more people are installing it than he likes to think.

Also haven't had a problem with the GFWL client.

What kind of computers are you guys on? I'm having zero problems with the client and already 15% done downloading and I started after my last post.

clav

Visualante said:
If they don't want you to play it they'll just deactivate the CD key.

edit.
http://imgur.com/49TLB.png

If I was a publisher I would be pretty pissed at Microsoft for using their POS silverlight. They're just screwing people over. I'm never going to install that shit and I'm betting a lot of other people who like to keep their PCs free of crap will be doing the same.

Silverlight is actually really light on resources compared to Flash. Very friendly on the CPU cycles.

Now if you're a true man of words, I hope you don't have Flash double-installed if you use Chrome.

Chrome has built-in flash support.

Fredescu said:
Yet you installed the GFWL client. Fight the power!
Um, how is that relevant to my argument? Besides I would rather be informed about the PC gaming market than be a fucking moron going into threads going "derp this sucks" without knowing why.
claviertekky said:
Silverlight is actually really light on resources compared to Flash. Very friendly on the CPU cycles.
But there is no content that makes me want to use it like the rest of the internet. The only places I've seen it used are on Microsoft websites.

Top Bottom