• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFWL Has a Good Sale for once! Age of Empires III for 10 cents/10 MSP

Stitch

Gold Member
too bad that i can't open the client after the last update anymore. and i can't play my gfwl games anymore....

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What kind of computers are you guys on? I'm having zero problems with the client and already 15% done downloading and I started after my last post.

Dude, I'm able to run the newest PC games fine. Its not my PC. Its freaking Microcrap.

Visualante said:
Um, how is that relevant to my argument? Besides I would rather be informed about the PC gaming market than be a fucking moron going into threads going "derp this sucks" without knowing why.

But there is no content that makes me want to use it like the rest of the internet. The only places I've seen it used are on Microsoft websites.

And Netflix and other sites that use video... Why is it such a bad thing if it's lighter on your computer than the alternative? You're seriously bitching just to bitch and get attention.

mandiller said:
Bought for 10 MS points. Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

It kind of sucks I have to use GFWL though. I'm not a big fan.

No, no you don't. Open up the client, get the game key, then download the game off the web and uninstall the GFWL client. My computer is kissing my ass right now for uninstalling that diseased of a program.

webrunner

Visualante said:
Um, how is that relevant to my argument? Besides I would rather be informed about the PC gaming market than be a fucking moron going into threads going "derp this sucks" without knowing why.

But there is no content that makes me want to use it like the rest of the internet. The only places I've seen it used are on Microsoft websites.

Well, Wizards of the Coast just launched a new Character Builder for Dungeons and Dragons using it.. it's awful and buggy and nobody likes it over the old .net one, but there you go.

Giolon

This is perfect to get rid of the odd 10 MS points I've had stuck in my account for years after accidentally buying some stupid gamerpic pack while I wasn't paying close attention.

LovingSteam said:
No, no you don't. Open up the client, get the game key, then download the game off the web and uninstall the GFWL client. My computer is kissing my ass right now for uninstalling that diseased of a program.

Download the game from where exactly? The GFWL client? Are you saying the download from there doesn't need GFWL to run?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Has to be something not installed correctly for those who are having GFWL issues. Sucks for those of you who are having them.

Giolon said:
This is perfect to get rid of the odd 10 MS points I've had stuck in my account for years after accidentally buying some stupid gamerpic pack while I wasn't paying close attention.

Download the game from where exactly? The GFWL client? Are you saying the download from there doesn't need GFWL to run?

I'm downloading the game off a usenet site and will just use the game key when it asks for it.

Y2Kev can you change my tag to 'Exorcised the demon known as GFWL'

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
LovingSteam said:
I'm downloading the game off a usenet site and will just use the game key when it asks for it.

Y2Kev can you change my tag to 'Exorcised the demon known as GFWL'

"LovingGFWL" :lol doooo itttttt

Salsa

So does anyone feel like sending me a CD key ? i mean its 10 cents, and im fuckin tired of this client shit, cant change my region, cant make a new account, bleh.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
vazel said:
The next deal doesn't start until 2am PT. The current Bioshock Saturday deal is still running. This is a glitch.
The only glitch is that it went up slightly early.
I think if you go through with the checkout on the website, it ends up 10 cents as well.
Games for Windows

* BioShock 2 - $9.99 (50% off)
* [Friday only] Saints Row 2 - $5.99 (80% off)
* [Saturday only] BioShock - $1.99 (90% off) NEW DEAL!
* [Sunday only] "To be announced game" - $0.10

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66551

vazel

Banned
Well darn now I don't feel as special knowing it was meant to be at that price.
sad.gif

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It didn't work for me before. I tried it and before I finalized it jumped back up to 39.99 after saying .10.
Ah, I see, I guess it will work later on today.
I got it through the client too.

(._.)

Banned
I would have needed to go through reinstalling GFWL and remembering my account UN/PW if I wanted this deal.

LCfiner

I thought this was kind of funny since I actually had 10 leftover MS points in my account from some odd priced items I bought months ago.

Now I’m at a clean zero points in my account. I’m happier about that than about getting the game

Awesome, I fixed my computer (temporarily) by using system restore, and bought AoE3 complete for a dime. :D
Also, title should really be "GFWL has a good sale once again", since Bioshock for $2 is an awesome deal.

Chris R

Only bad thing about GFWL client that I've seen so far is the fact that the internet is unusable while downloading. I have a decent pipe, so I'm guessing that there is some major uploading going on in the background because my download speeds are shit (should have been done much sooner :| still at 70%).

Fredescu

Visualante said:
You want to install an application but refuse to install the required software to run the application. You either want the software or you don't. You can't just install half of it and throw your hands in the air and say "this sucks". Or you could. But you'd look pretty stupid.

Ceebs

I just grabbed AOE3 and Bioshock with some MS points I still had from like 4 years ago when I got rid of my 360. I forgot they were even there until I loaded up the actual marketplace client.

Prodigal

Banned
I'm not really familiar with how GFWL works...if I don't wanna download it now, where do I go to get it later? Do I just have to get the GFWL client itself?

suikodan

I'm installing the game and it asks for the Cdkey. I checked my emails and didn't get any.

EDIT: nvm found it in the game's description.

Top Bottom