• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Teaser [Netflix / 2020]

plushyp

There there.... we have to be strong

tenor.gif

mcz117chief

Well she could wear any body she wants, maybe she was wearing a young body there? although could be just the art style.
It is the art style. She doesn't really switch bodies unless it is completely necessary. She (and the creators too) likes to have an identity. I know that in the second series of the manga she is basically wholly inside the network and thus switches bodies almost every chapter, but the Stand Alone Complex Motoko is far more conservative when it comes to body switching.

Last edited:
No fucking thank you.

I can't stand how they've been turning Motoko into kawaii waifu bait. Ilya Kuvshinov is a good artist by his own merit, but he's just not a good fit for GITS, at least in opinion.

It makes me sad knowing we'll never get a GITS animation with quality level of the Mamoru Oshii films. A film released in 1995 is still more ground breaking than what they're producing in 2019/2020.

VQpV6s1.jpg

Someone send that picture wall to Netflix.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I don't buy that. Netflix isn't making it. Other people make it and distributors bid on it.

If Netflix didn't pick this up so a ton of people would see it as part of their subscription, then 99% of the people here commenting wouldn't even watch it. They wouldn't buy it. They wouldn't get it on Crunchyroll.

It's a semi-free GotS series. And people haven't even seen it yet and they're going super negative. I just think it's a little premature.

All we saw her do is get out of the tank! That's it lol.

my judgement is entirely on Arise being a recycled pastiche. I gave Arise a chance despite not liking the art style. if they think of a new direction for the series thats not a formulaic reproduction of the older series then fine

Fbh

The very first anime netflix financed was Devilman Crybaby followed by B: The Beginning, AICO, Sword Gai, Aggretsuko and Lost Song and Hero Mask. Anime adaptions of Altered Carbon and Pacific Rim are also in the works.

The anime you list are only licensed, they were done for japanese TV or Cinemas. Blame is a weird exception here... that one was in the making for 10 years, the original studio behind it went bankrupt and then it was picked up by another japanese Studio. It was supposed to be a japanese cinema release but then Netflix bought the rights and released it globally a day after the japanese BD release. It also looks pretty damn good for a CGI anime most of the time
ezSpj6G.gif

Thanks for the clarification. Since they just slap "Netflix Original" on everything it's hard to keep track of what is actually made by them and what is just licensed.

Still, I don't like how so many of the shows they decide to put on their service are ugly CGI. For me it's an instant turnoff and I'd rather have them bring half as many shows but have them be of higher quality.
I went to their Youtube channel yesterday (wanted to send that GITS trailer to someone) and on top of GITS they announced 2 other shows (Levius and Eden)....both of them also with ugly CGI. Levius in particular stands out because its easy to compare to Megalo box which looks MUCH nicer

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's really unfortunate what has happened to animated cinema. How is it that the best stuff is so far behind us now? Reminds me of my recent thread on the progression of Disney's animation content, they won't even touch 2D anymore.

DC still makes good looking toons, both movies and series. Wonder Woman Bloodlines just came out. It aint comparable to the anime classics, of course, but its still pretty good.

Nymphae

Banned
DC still makes good looking toons, both movies and series. Wonder Woman Bloodlines just came out. It aint comparable to the anime classics, of course, but its still pretty good.

Haven't watched any of these modern animated films, I guess it's nice that someone still is doing 2D. But I really I miss Don Bluth style, non Disney animations. It's like it's a lost art form, no one makes 2D movies at that level of quality anymore over here, I'm not sure about what the Japanese are doing.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Haven't watched any of these modern animated films, I guess it's nice that someone still is doing 2D. But I really I miss Don Bluth style, non Disney animations. It's like it's a lost art form, no one makes 2D movies at that level of quality anymore over here, I'm not sure about what the Japanese are doing.

Anastasia the goat. Papa bless.

Top Bottom