• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thread of key begging

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's too bad. Why would they take out the one unique thing about the franchise? Boo.

It required a lot of resources and like others said, most of the time it wound up being only 2-4 people actually playing together in the first place.

I could turn around right now, start up GRAW 2 and go into coop with 16 people, and it will always result in that. the first 10 people almost always die within the first 5 minutes.

Plus this new guerrilla mode looks awesome.

The multiplayer looks exactly the same. What are you missing out on with the free version? Just SP and Co-op?

No, it doesn't look the same. I worked on GRFS ADV and have played GR:O, they are nothing alike. Unless you think that all military third person shooters look exactly the same.

Card Boy

Banned
You're either trolling, you're blind, or you haven't really genuinely looked at both games.

Not trolling i'm intrested in both games. They look very similar to me.

Can't anyone say anything anymore on NeoGaf without being called a troll? People get butthurt over something they don't even own yet.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Not trolling i'm intrested in both games. They look very similar to me.

Can't anyone say anything anymore on NeoGaf without being called a troll? People get butthurt over something they don't even own yet.

No one called you a troll. I also suggest you invest more time in looking at both games.

Card Boy

Banned
No one called you a troll. I also suggest you invest more time in looking at both games.

I will, but you have to know where I'm coming from. Both have futuristic gadgets and both are 3rd person Ghost recon games (a first for the series?). Its very easy for the casual observer to make the call they look similar.

Do we know if the PC version will be Steamworks like The Cartel/Clash of Heroes or Uplay always online DRM? Or should i stick with the PS3 version?

what is this spreadsheet garbage, make a free gamertag and add that, then friends of friends invites

anyone know if its sharable? if i get 3 from ubi ill donate one for the dupe since i already have splinter cell

I did create an FOF account for the retail game, but really wasnt sure how much interest there would be for this beta or the retail so I decided against posting it

I'll keep an eye on the number of people that add themselves to the "spreadsheet garbage" and its it worth it I'll throw that tag name out there and send some invites right before the beta starts

I can still get a Beta code if I pre-order this now, right? I'm probably gonna stop by Gamestop today, so I'm just making sure.

yes

i'm a little worried about the player count having been lowered to 6 v 6 instead of being 8 v 8 like it has always been.

Also, any confirmation of being able to open our own rooms in which we can set our own settings or are we going to be stuck with a match making system?

I really hope we can host our own rooms. It's one of the things that always made the series standout on consoles. It would be a real downer if we can't and quite possibly put my purchase in jeopardy.

yes, custom rooms are in, but the player count will be the same. Originally when I heard they dropped the player count it sounded like a cop-out where they couldn't get the game to run stable, and didnt believe their reason that it would make things less reckless and more tactical, but now watching it in motion and getting a idea of the mechanics I think it was a good decision. Seems like it will allow you to be a little more methodical and I think it might help the game to stand out from other team-based shooters.

Great OT, Visualizer! :D

Can't wait to play this! Please be as god like as it is in videos! :p

thanks, just glad to help

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You guys are okay with purchasing a game and not being allowed to use everything the game offers once you have used all your unlock points?

If the intention of the developer is to NOT allow everything to be unlocked, then no.

Do you see people bitching in MMOs because they can't unlock every spec?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It required a lot of resources and like others said, most of the time it wound up being only 2-4 people actually playing together in the first place.

I could turn around right now, start up GRAW 2 and go into coop with 16 people, and it will always result in that. the first 10 people almost always die within the first 5 minutes.

Plus this new guerrilla mode looks awesome.

Maybe I had a totally different experience, but I played with randoms and had great matches. I even got all the co-op achievements for the base game and the dlc, I believe. Sure the levels were big and long, so at some point it became a matter of attrition, but that was part of the fun. Besides, if the team wipes in 5 minutes, most people would just restart the match anyway!

epmode

If the intention of the developer is to NOT allow everything to be unlocked, then no.

Do you see people bitching in MMOs because they can't unlock every spec?
No, but you sure as hell would if the game didn't allow for respecs. And I've only been glancing at the previews for this game but I read that you only get one or two respecs here.

edit: This only goes for multiplayer games. Single-player games are often better when the game forces you to make permanent skill choices.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No, but you sure as hell would if the game didn't allow for respecs. And I've only been glancing at the previews for this game but I read that you only get one or two respecs here.

1 off the bat, and another at 50. It's a safe bet there are other ways to get them.

Why is this terrible?

Slightly annoying on it's own, terrible in the context of limited respecs. Or a limited number of builds.

Player experimentation is good and shouldn't be discouraged. I'm not sure why you'd bother limiting respecs at all, but suffice to say I don't think 2 will cut it.

Jafku

Think I might get a code for PS3. Cant wait for thursday. Already added myself to the PSN user list. also my user names are slightly different.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just registered with my Ganestop pre order for 360. It said nothing about extra buddy codes, where did OP hear that it would come with extras?

zlatko

Banned
You guys are okay with purchasing a game and not being allowed to use everything the game offers once you have used all your unlock points?

It's a non issue, because private matches give you access to everything to test it all out.

To add to its non issue, is that you get to 2 tokens, 1 at the start, one at 50, to respec all your points. So if you get to 50 and feel like hmm I wanted more snipers customization than I originally started, then boom there you go.

My plan day 1 after beating this game on co-op campaign, is to go into a private match with a friend or two, and just spend a ton of hours messing around with guns and load outs to find the one that suites me before I get to ranked and start dipping unlocks into anything.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just a heads up, those with SC:C and Uplay might be getting 2 day early access. It's not really announced, just kind of hinted at.

Just registered with my Ganestop pre order for 360. It said nothing about extra buddy codes, where did OP hear that it would come with extras?

it's in a sticky topic on the game's official forums

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-Future-Soldier-multiplayer-beta-how-to-play?

Any retailers in the UK doing pre-order beta access?

GAME (not sure what the situation is with them?) or online at UbiShop

great OT :D hopefully get to play with some Gaffers on LIVE

thanks

I've asked a few times and haven't received an answer although I expect I know it; Any chance the Kinect "gunsmith" features will be included in the 360 beta?

360 codes. They are public, but will not be active until tomorrow.

F4VGK-PKYH7-VQ9CY-7TXTM-DD6DZ
P6P6X-PDDDH-TDV7M-W4TGP-HDJQZ
66CX9-469WX-W364W-HFX9C-YP6PZ
32F76-9RHK9-64YFX-K4QV9-T9PFZ
GYCGY-MTDCP-6JGHM-P6RQD-6VFXZ
VV4TG-6QRRW-RF3G9-XDMR9-FYJ7Z
HVCK2-HXKKR-MCYPM-GJFKR-FX7FZ
4299P-YHJQC-76D4J-RTKDR-TC9KZ
H7DYP-KJ2PP-VVPMK-K7KXX-J3KFZ

foxdvd

I had so much fun with my friends doing the many coop maps. We never had 16 players, but we had a lot of fun with them. It is nice the campaign is coop, but we will miss the mission like terrorist hunts from Graw 2.

rvy

Banned
I let a friend borrow Conviction a few weeks ago, do I still get an e-mail with 3 Beta Keys? Or do you need to log to your Uplay account with Conviction on the 19th to get the codes?

Traded SC:C months ago but pre-ordered GR:FS at GS over the weekend, registered my code at Ubisoft's website, and now I'm just waiting on my 360 beta code email for them.

NVM I finished readin the OP. herp derp =/

Top Bottom