• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thread of key begging

Afrikan

i think you might need to fire up your splinter cell disc, im gonna try in a few minutes

no Move support, and Kinect is only used for Gunsmith mode, not the actual game

its so weird...small cheap games like like Modern Combat, Hydrophobia, Paintball game can support Move...yet a huge company like UbiSoft or Dice or Activation can't do the same for a FPS?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was kind of curious about this... but the videos aren't doing it for me, and I can't support another dev who has this obnoxious unlock bullshit. I'm done with shooters if this doesn't go away.

zlatko

Banned
So close to finally getting a taste of this.

I hope the matchmaking is smooth, and the game is lag free/hit detection issues free. I feel like that's all the game needs to succeed in beta wise for me to be there day 1 if it's fun to play otherwise.

Has there been anymore new footage of the game since the interview showcase by machinima ?

Evolved1

Don't you play BF3?

I do... it was the last straw with regard to that stuff. I have all the crap unlocked, but if I ever had to do it again... I wouldn't. It's become a thing with me now.

That said, the game looks pretty cool. Some stuff I'm wtf about... but otherwise it looks kinda fun. Imo (and not trying to step on any toes here) but it looks far more reminiscent of Socom than Ghost Recon, but I guess they've been going that direction for a while.

I'll try the beta... see how much time is involved getting basic shit like optics (jesus christ) and if the game is fun enough, and the grind isn't too obnoxious... I don't know. Guess I'll see.

The unlock thing is a huge bummer though.

Mayyhem

Just watched the first beta gameplay video.

REALLY dislike that technology that let the person see the whole (I think) enemy team on his screen in red highlight wherever they were. through walls, etc. What is that? It seems unfair.

Evolved1

Just watched the first beta gameplay video.

REALLY dislike that technology that let the person see the whole (I think) enemy team on his screen in red highlight wherever they were. through walls, etc. What is that? It seems unfair.

I think he hacked the enemy guy? à la MGS Online?

Evolved1

Ah... my 360 took a dump a couple years ago. I was gonna say we should play together (despite our differences in the past -- lol -- you're the only other long-time Ghost Recon player I know of on gaf) and it might be interesting to team up. But unfortunately I only have a PS3 atm.

edit: If the beta is really good... maybe I will buy another 360. 4th time's a charm?

I do... it was the last straw with regard to that stuff. I have all the crap unlocked, but if I ever had to do it again... I wouldn't. It's become a thing with me now.

That said, the game looks pretty cool. Some stuff I'm wtf about... but otherwise it looks kinda fun. Imo (and not trying to step on any toes here) but it looks far more reminiscent of Socom than Ghost Recon, but I guess they've been going that direction for a while.

I'll try the beta... see how much time is involved getting basic shit like optics (jesus christ) and if the game is fun enough, and the grind isn't too obnoxious... I don't know. Guess I'll see.

The unlock thing is a huge bummer though.

pretty sure each time you level up you get to choose 1 attachment for use for only 1 gun, and along the way you also unlock some attachments as well at different levels. There are 50 levels. I think you level up with a ghost version of each class as well as the Bodark (Russian) version as well if what I understood from the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n4xxUweewI&list=PL9C167DA78EBF32CC&index=1&feature=plpp_video

doesn't seem like it will be much of a grind as I'm 99% sure you can choose any attachment you want each time you level up. You also get to test it out in the firing range before you purchase which is nice. It's not like Battlefield where you need to get 200 kills to get the scope you want. Also, if you play unranked, all the guns and attachments are unlocked for everyone, so maybe that's a route you might think about if you squad up with friends or gaffers.

as far as the seeing thru walls check out my explanation of how it works from earlier in the thread:

TheVisualizer said:
its not that serious really...

the active camoflage is only used by the scout class and it only kicks in while you are prone or crouched and moving very slowly. The devs explanation is that it functions more like a futuristic ghillie suit then invisibility. As soon as you fire or get hit it disables. As far as the singleplayer campaign goes, enemies will detect you if you are within 20 meters and in there line of sight, but it will take a little longer for them to notice you, so it's not fool-proof.

The "see thru walls" works like this. You can always see your own guys thru the walls via the Augmented Reality (they appears as green) since you guys share the same intel network. There are 2 ways to see the enemies, one is if you or one of your teammates gets a non-lethal takedown and then successfully hacks their cross-com while they are down which takes about 15 seconds. Only then will the enemies show up on your HUD in red. The other is if you throw a sensor grenade which only the Engineer class has, and each class can only carry one type of grenade.

There is also jamming equipment and emp grenades and launchers in the game as well as decoy mines and grenades that can be used to counter this "see thru the walls".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ah... my 360 took a dump a couple years ago. I was gonna say we should play together (despite our differences in the past -- lol -- you're the only other long-time Ghost Recon player I know of on gaf) and it might be interesting to team up. But unfortunately I only have a PS3 atm.

edit: If the beta is really good... maybe I will buy another 360. 4th time's a charm?

Yep, just let me know. I've also already played the game and the maps, lol.

Also visualizer, you forgot the UAV.

Evolved1

First thing I thought of when I saw the first person view, instantly reminded me of MGO.

We have been begging for FPWV forever... and especially since they teased it in the original GRAW target render. I have a conspiracy theory that they purposefully held it back to use it in their America's Army game...

But hey at least it's here now. I thought they would never do it. Pretty happy about it.

Looks like they also fixed a lot of the clunkiness. GR was always the more tactical game, with intentionally slower movement (which I loved) but as we got into the GRAW games, they were just kinda clunky. Frustrating, even. This was more true of SP than MP though. But both modes had some issues.

I thought they could have addressed those issues in MP by giving us the option to independently adjust aiming sensitivity for OTSV and ADS*... for whatever reason, the ADS speed was soooooo slow. And counter-intuitive to my playstyle. Honestly, that was my biggest gripe about GRAW MP.

Not sure how things are in this game... hopefully a bit better. Everything seems faster. Movement seems maybe even a little too fast, but I haven't actually played the game yet. A little worried you're going to be shooting a guy and he does that thing where it "sucks" him into cover like 10' away and you miss the kill lol.

* Zoom view -- GRAW didn't have proper ADS

rvy

Banned
You can download the Beta, but the servers are still offline.
Btw, there's a "Kinect: Disconnected" thing in the options menu, I don't own Kinect so I don't know if you can use it or not.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jambi, did you get a code?

If Jambi doesn't need a code you can have the one sitting in front of me Yeti.

Also, when I inevitably get my email I'll be tossing those around too. I'll also toss out my two dog tag codes.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I redeemed the second-to-last code from OdysseusVA an hour ago, but didn't get to post till now - thanks a million man! Just turned on my 360 a while ago, and it downloaded just fine.

It's 1.23 GB.

Servers aren't up as expected.

Wow was one of the lucky ones to get a code working :)

thank you OdysseusVA!

I'll share my Conviction keys if I get them by e-mail, which I doubt.

I redeemed the second-to-last code from OdysseusVA an hour ago, but didn't get to post till now - thanks a million man! Just turned on my 360 a while ago, and it downloaded just fine.

It's 1.23 GB.

Servers aren't up as expected.

Glad a few gaffers were able to redeem them :)

Top Bottom