• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Online First Look (Wii U Footage, Free 2 Play PC/(Free?) Wii U Title)

Krowley

Amir0x said:
looks awkward as fuck.

Is this the first legitimate Wii U third party footage?

It's the only thing we have so far, although we may get some other stuff tonight at the developer's roundtable.

Formless

Don't really see the problem with this, although I guess there isn't auto-aim like there is when looking through sights in CoD?

antonz

Amir0x said:
looks awkward as fuck.

Is this the first legitimate Wii U third party footage?
It is the only Wii U Third party game on the showfloor. At this point its hard to gauge how well its made cause its very likely mostly computer code running at this point.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Wrestlemania said:
Screen on lap, remote and nunchuck as main controller. Problem (pretty much) solved.
Wii U controller in the left hand, Wii Remote + in the right hand sounds to me like the best option. Hopefully, the new controller is comfortable enough to be held and used that way.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
GRO for PC is going to be awesome. Very much looking forward to it.

I love me some F2P games.

wwm0nkey

Played this yesterday and they brought up two things

1. Aiming is very early on and WILL be improved.
2. Running on very early code and has not been optimized.

wwm0nkey said:

so what did you think of it?
Controller, graphics, etc..

wwm0nkey

Always-honest said:
so what did you think of it?
Controller, graphics, etc..
Controller fits perfectly into your hands with no problem, graphics are pretty damn good (Zelda tech demo WAS running on the hardware) and over all I like the system though I do know it will be the middle system like the Wii was eventually but I would still buy it depending on the games and online components .

ombz

wwm0nkey said:

Did it bother you using the circle pads at all?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You can draw on the map with your finger and your marks can appear in your squad's game, i.e. if you tap a location you want your friends to go on the controller, they'll see the mark in their game. Also if you draw paths you want them to follow, it shows in their game the way you want them to go.

Plus you can move the controller around to see the map in 3D, think like Metroid Prime but a bit easier to navigate around to see the multiple height levels.

Thought those were the coolest parts.
Spoke to a producer for like 20 min or so, it's the same team whose doing the PC version. Though they still have a lot they want to figure out.

Vinci

Danish
wwm0nkey said:
Controller fits perfectly into your hands with no problem, graphics are pretty damn good (Zelda tech demo WAS running on the hardware) and over all I like the system though I do know it will be the middle system like the Wii was eventually but I would still buy it depending on the games and online components .

Explain?

Okay, hold on, some of you in here are confused. GRO on PC looks NOTHING like GRFS on consoles.

The Wii U game is a port of this:
tom-clancys-ghost-recon-online-pc-screenshots-1.jpg

Not this (Ghost Recon Future Soldier):
grfs_image_screenshots_e3_4_20110523_18319.nphd.jpg

Effect

wwm0nkey said:
Did they say anything about Wii Remote and nunchuck controls?

Busaiku

Was this posted?
It's confirmed to be a digital download on Wii U, probably "near $10".
Given that it's free on PC and coming out a year later, I'd hope the the Wii U version would be getting some exclusives.

evangd007

Busaiku said:
Was this posted?
Given that it's free on PC and coming out a year later, I'd hope the the Wii U version would be getting some exclusives.

So whatever storage that the Wii U has will be able to take big download games? Awesome.

rpmurphy

Busaiku said:
Was this posted?
Sweet. For $10 I don't mind going dual analog for this game. :p

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Busaiku said:
Was this posted?
Well, I assume the PC version will have microtransactions to get profit from, Wii U version maybe will include whatever unlocks and shit those give by default. Like if EA ported Battlefield Heroes on Wii (lol, I used to think this was such a no brainer but they never did it) I imagine you wouldn't have to rent weapons and shit, just unlock them.

RedSwirl said:
If they're willing to do this, why not Future Soldier?
Ubi looking up to Capcom's tests maybe.

Top Bottom