• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Closed Beta Discussion Thread

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Best part: you can change hair/outfits at any time in the menu, so aside from gender and face everything is interchangable at any moment.

No arbitrary "visit this NPC" or "visit this store or safehouse" stuff.

Thats awesome, I didn't expect that hair could be changed at anytime.

Smidget

Anyone feel like it is over sharpened by default?

Did the first part of the mission with AI. Pretty fun so far but gotta go to work.

SomTervo

This character creator is the tits.

Edit: uh except that it's failing to load assets now so i can't see what he actually looks like

SomTervo

Best part: you can change hair/outfits at any time in the menu, so aside from gender and face everything is interchangable at any moment.

No arbitrary "visit this NPC" or "visit this store or safehouse" stuff.

Wait what, it was telling me that you can't change your character after the CC menu

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Heres my guy along with some preset options, loads of styles you could go for. Does feel like there is some sharpening filter, hopefully they add a toggle.
HpYbXPZ.png
Y2ejgrm.png

fbOCSrX.png
wRlOGpb.png

VXhHM0T.png
2D2j3Gw.png

2mr3p5M.png

luulubuu

15 min in

Pros
-amazing w/ buddies
-stunning world
-okay-ish vehicle control
-tight tps

cons
-Poor perfomance ~20fps
-boring w/out friends
-character creator very limited (no gender change?)
-VERY POOR PERFOMANCE even if you tweak

My Ghost
BaXY2Mr.jpg

OB8REuw.jpg

mUhPyAS.jpg

SomTervo

Lol you can change sex.

The character creator is pretty great imo, besides limited face stuff but that must be hard to account for in a multiplayer focused game

Cutscenes are v skipworthy though. Pretty mediocre and dull stuff.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Downgrade my ASS ! Game looks amazing, wow.

Xater

Game feels like a more generic and less interesting Far Cry in third person. It being a co-op is either a positive or negative depending on how you like to play your games.

Weird, my cross hair in 3rd person has vanished and refused to return. Guess we're using iron sights

So far it's alright, but after MGSV the controls are just, not that great. Am I missing the "shoulder swap" key or can I note alternate between left and right shoulder 3rd person cameras?

Ah it's MMB there we go

Xater

I also now tried to free Amuro twice and he is not in the cell. Mission don't progress. Leaves a great first impression this game...

luulubuu

Thats when you save you character for the game. Before that you can change sex.

Gender*

The game has a few items you can collect to customize your character afterwards, so the game has an apparence change mechanic, not allowing to change your gender AFTER you made your character is a poor choice imho.

Because it hurts the freedom and the replayability of the game;

Imagine you want to sport a HOT HUNK DUDE with a beard but you already made a girl first, you need to make the guy and restart all the campaign

I hope it's a beta thing or so. Not the biggest issue the game has right now

Theorry

Weird, my cross hair in 3rd person has vanished and refused to return. Guess we're using iron sights

So far it's alright, but after MGSV the controls are just, not that great. Am I missing the "shoulder swap" key or can I note alternate between left and right shoulder 3rd person cameras?

Its right bumper on consoles to switch.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, poor performance.

1080 card, 1440p, all maxed barely above 30 fps.

Huh ? Without temporal but everything else maxed out, 1.2 supersampling 1080p it's smooth for me (6700k + 1070 + 16g + ssd).

Anyone know how to shoulder swap your weapon when aiming?

Yeah wanted to know that too, can't seem to find the key.

do we have a PC performance thread yet? is someone working on it?

also is there an Nivida driver update to support the beta?

DrBo42

Performance kinda sucks, gameplay is clunky from movement to shooting and about as generic as it looks. Doesn't look like you can swap shoulders without interaction with cover. Only thing that will save this is the coop.

Theorry

Performance kinda sucks, gameplay is clunky from movement to shooting and about as generic as it looks. Doesn't look like you can swap shoulders without interaction with cover. Only thing that will save this is the coop.

Shoulder swap is right bumper.

Xater

You can swap shouldrrs with R1.

I agree that it also feels slightly clunky.

It looks awhole lot better in 4K than it does in 1080P. I turned off motion blur but I still see it when vehicles are approaching.

The cover system feels like shit. My character never seems to stick to cover when I need it but when I'm running around he has no problem doing it.

The vehicles feel like they have weight to it and responds well to the surfaces of the roads. Helicopters are simple to fly.

Lack of a PVP mode is off putting.. if they tie that to the season pass I'm going to skip the purchase entirely.

Oh I'm playing on PS4 but also received an invite on PC for a second Ubi account I created for this. Anyone know how to claim it? I got the email logged in, it says congrats etc. But it's not in my Uplay games.

SomTervo

Bikes are absolutely amazing and pretty much sold me on the game.

Besides some odd bugs and show tutorial missions this seems pretty solid.

A few moments captured a proper "four player MGSV" vibe which was awesome.

Enjoying it alot. Definately gives me Socom vibes from the single player stuff and the Division with coop. Had a teammate run me over with a tractor lol.

Top Bottom