• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Previews and Beta info

Jito

Banned
Looks pretty bad from the Eurogamer video preview, completely devoid of the Ghost Recon gameplay you'd expect from the series which is a shame. The driving physics also look poor, flying down a mountain on a motorbike and just bouncing of every rock on the way down with no repercussion. Might be fun as a piss around in a big open world game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This looks far and away better than The Division. From customization, gameplay options and the world on.
It just seems like the enemies are not a big threat. I mean he told right into the middle of several enemues and they don't do much. But otherwise yes, as sunshine said above, division on vacation.

I just don't want it to be just cause, as that got a bit boring after a while.

deoee

50 hour mark of hell

Ubisoft still can't make a good looking Ponytail and it bugs me greatly.

Only few titles pass that mark of death

Isnt it Black flag?

UIWXBQU.gif

ironcreed

Banned
It just seems like the enemies are not a big threat. I mean he told right into the middle of several enemues and they don't do much. But otherwise yes, as sunshine said above, division on vacation.

Looks like squad-based mayhem in a gorgeous open world to me. Way more going on than just 'The Division on vacation.' And as for difficulty? I am sure you can put it on hard or the equivalent.

OldRoutes

They said in the last gameplay video that there's a difficulty that enemies pretty much kill you in one hit.

Looks like squad-based mayhem in a gorgeous open world to me. Way more going on than just 'The Division on vacation.' And as for difficulty? I am sure you can put it on hard or the equivalent.

It looks like the difficulty is based on where you are on the map. Each province has a difficulty rating between 1 - 5, with 5 being the hardest. This is according to an in-game tool tip.

The difficulty of each province is shown on the map.

ironcreed

Banned
It looks like the difficulty is based on where you are on the map. Each province has a difficulty rating between 1 - 5, with 5 being the hardest. This is according to an in-game tool tip.

The difficulty of each province is shown on the map.

Interesting. RPG-lite. Which I am fine with.

Man I was hype when they first showed this and now not so much anymore. Doesn't look to great to me. Doesnt look or feel like a Ghost Recon game at all. Should've been a new IP or something

Def looking to be a game that is an entirely different experience in co-op and probably not really worth it for a pure solo play. You can probably add a point to the review score for each friend you add in co op. Like the Division and Destiny, its looking like it is going to be a flawed, imperfect game that is completely superseded by co op fun with friends. I cannot wait. Division and Destiny were often very serious, but in a good way. My friends and I loved the challenge. This looks like someone fucking up a mission is going to be more hilarious than rage inducing. We'll see, it could also all fall completely flat if the gunplay doesn't feel good. At least me know it sounds good.

_woLf

I can't even reset my Ubisoft password without seeing "an internal server error occured".

Guess I won't be signing up for the beta.

Dashl

Neo Member
"Sorry, registrations are not opened in your country."

Still says that for me, even though I am USA and it worked for my friends.

calder

Very, very interested in this game. Really hope I can convince a few of my brothers to get it too, sounds like it would be a perfect coop time.

Ashtar

regarding Eurogamer, Hmmm maybe I'm the wrong guy because i didn't get into the newer ghost recons but future theme isn't tied to ghost recon, I remember playing GR1, jungle strike and GR2 and they were not very futuristic at all.

The fact that PVP is coming later really sucks though.

I've watched the Gamespot and Eurogamer previews are any of the previews on Ghost or Elite difficulty?

Greddleok

I feel like this game will only be great when playing with friends

I was super excited for it, but what's with Ubisoft making games that are Ok to bad alone, but good with friends?

I don't have friends who play games. I don't have a lifestyle where I can sit down for an hour and play a mission with people. Constantly having to pause, do something, unpause, talk to my SO, then play.

Ubisoft has some decent games, but way too much focus on multiplayer for me.

Stiler

Can anyone else not sign up for hte beta? The website refuses to let me login, it simply keeps asking me to check the "i'm not a robot" captcha and when I sign in it refreshes and asks me to do it again.

I even reset my password to make sure it wasn't that and nope.

Tried firefox/Ie/chrome, none are working for me.

edit - ok going to the main ubisoft site and loggin in there before going to the beta reg worked for me.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I was super excited for it, but what's with Ubisoft making games that are Ok to bad alone, but good with friends?

I don't have friends who play games. I don't have a lifestyle where I can sit down for an hour and play a mission with people. Constantly having to pause, do something, unpause, talk to my SO, then play.

Ubisoft has some decent games, but way too much focus on multiplayer for me.

Drop in / drop out should be perfect for you :D

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah they look like actual 'soldiers' unlike many games.

I do love extensive customization, but there is still a long way to go on hairstyles alone :)
Only thing is that faces aren't fully customizable. Presumably a sacrifice that had to be made for the cutscenes.

Top Bottom