• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Kickstarter - Metroid meets Dark Souls - GAFer made - funded!

eXistor

Aaaand backed. This will make it in no time by the looks of it. That's good, the world needs Metroid-likes.

Marjar

Banned
Wow this looks awesome. It's a little too much like Super Metroid, even down to the animations, but I'd definitely get it.

Pocks

Maybe rehost those GIFs so he's not getting hit with another 500GB of bandwidth?

Game looks great.. makes me remember how much I miss sprites.

Karu

Ah, shit. At 10$ I would have probably maybe I don't know backed it. Hope for the best though, looks cool!

FlyFaster

shameless ripoff.

maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I'm OK with it wither way. All I know is that I grew up playing games like this and Ghost Song looks good.

So I'm A.OK w/ this.

Jobbs is doing what Nintendo isn't/won't do. Kudos to him.

edit:
as others have said, videogamedom needs more Metroid-likes.

Fireblend

Banned
Congrats on surpassing 50%!
If I were you Jobbs I'd add another $10 tier asap since that's a price point lots of people want to go for.
Jobbs, you should consider upping the 10 tier to 1000.
Ah, shit. At 10$ I would have probably maybe I don't know backed it. Hope for the best though, looks cool!
I think it'd be better to go with the 3-for-$33 idea (or something along those lines, I've seen Kickstarters for example that have a 3-for-$33 tier and you can keep adding $11 on that same tier to add more copies, so that people are encouraged to pledge in bigger groups) so that both early backers stay with their $10 copy privilege and yet there remains a way for backers to get the game for less than $15, while encouraging them to tell and convince others about getting the game.

rezn0r

Pinned the KS tab to Chrome & I will be backing the morning of payday. Looks great & keep up the good work.

Side note: I am a horrible Steam sale addict so I have nearly 800 games that I haven't even launched once, yet I keep finding myself picking out any that are even remotely reviewed as or called Metroidvanias, and so many end up not being too accurate against that description. I guess what I'm trying to say is... I'm pretty excited for something like this!

I would impulse buy this on Vita. Looks amazing.

YES PLEASE

Vidpixel

The game looks and sounds awesome so far. It seems like all that hard work is going to pay off big time man, congrats.

Burt

I'd start panicking Jobbs, I don't think you're gonna make it.

Just kidding. Congrats on the great start.

Drakken

Been following this in the indie games thread for awhile. Looks fantastic; sounding good too. Can't wait to play it!

Jobbs

Banned
If this thing funds (and it looks very optimistic right now) I'll have to put some kind of neogaf fan service somewhere in the game, how and what to be determined, but the support from this place has been overwhelming. I thank you all.

catabarez

If this thing funds (and it looks very optimistic right now) I'll have to put some kind of neogaf fan service somewhere in the game, how and what to be determined, but the support from this place has been overwhelming. I thank you all.

Get that logo in the game somewhere. Make a screw attack power up but instead of the Metroid icon use the NeoGAF logo. It'll be beautiful.

Gbraga

The mighty secret boss EviLore, a bishop who eats children.

desu

it-s-over-9000-its-ovsxlb2.jpg

Will hit 10k for sure today :D.

Toa TAK

Banned

A SunhiLegend gif.

CrisKre

Make the fan service be you bringing this to Wii U! (funds allowing of course). :(

Feep

Banned
This is going to 30k minimum. Expect closer to 40 or 50, IMO.

I've spent a LOT of time looking at Kickstarter statistics. >.>

(Throw a livestream countdown party at the end bro)

Jobbs

Banned
Make the fan service be you bringing this to Wii U! (funds allowing of course). :(

I'd love to. I'm trying to figure out what we'd need to realistically put this as a stretch goal. It seems quite possible though.

Will hit 10k for sure today :D.

That sounds optimistic -- We've experienced some slowing over the past hour or two, quite likely because of the early birds running out. But -- it's all good. I think we'll do okay in the long run.

Jobbs

Banned
I think a $12 'not-so-early' bird would work better than the 3 for $33, to tell you the truth.

I'm pretty cautious/hesitant to do anything that might annoy existing backers. You may be right, but I'm still not quite sure if I should put something that undercuts the $15 people and makes them feel like they have to alter their bid or feel inconvenienced or dissed or whatever. If the integrity of the $15 normal, $10 early bird is shaken, it might cause problems -- So.. Hesitance.

thomaser

Will back the possible later WiiU version when/if that becomes a stretch goal. (I've never backed anything before...)

Jobbs

Banned
Hey guys. The guy who ran Chasm calmed my fears that extending the early bird would cause an uproar, and I decided to do it. This is day one, after all, it's early -- and anyone pledging this early should get the chance to get the good pricing.

Therefore I extended the quantity of the $10 early birds. Anyone who pledged $15 after the E.B. ran out, feel free to edit your bid.

desu

That should give a nice little bump for the rest of the day! Good to see that you increased it to 1000.

CrisKre

Hey guys. The guy who ran Chasm calmed my fears that extending the early bird would cause an uproar, and I decided to do it. This is day one, after all, it's early -- and anyone pledging this early should get the chance to get the good pricing.

Therefore I extended the quantity of the $10 early birds. Anyone who pledged $15 after the E.B. ran out, feel free to edit your bid.

Thats awesome. I have to say man, your character designs and art direction in general are sublime. Congrats.

Luigi87

Really nice on you Jobbs.

I backed on my phone a few hours ago while at work. This looks utterly delightful, to say the least.

bengraven

Well you just got yourself another backer because of this post.

Top Bottom