• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Kickstarter - Metroid meets Dark Souls - GAFer made - funded!

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
If this thing funds (and it looks very optimistic right now) I'll have to put some kind of neogaf fan service somewhere in the game, how and what to be determined, but the support from this place has been overwhelming. I thank you all.

this looks amazing Jobbs D: backed!! i love these types of games :') im a sucker for this type of art work lol. you wouldn't mind if i can upload the video to my channel and the link to the kickstarter :) its ok if you don't want too, i understand :) just trying to help out :)

dmr87

8it.png

9it.gif

JDSN

Banned
Hey guys. The guy who ran Chasm calmed my fears that extending the early bird would cause an uproar, and I decided to do it. This is day one, after all, it's early -- and anyone pledging this early should get the chance to get the good pricing.

Therefore I extended the quantity of the $10 early birds. Anyone who pledged $15 after the E.B. ran out, feel free to edit your bid.
Fyi, this post earned you a sale. ;)

Btw, that subtitle is rubbish.

szaromir

Banned
Hey guys. The guy who ran Chasm calmed my fears that extending the early bird would cause an uproar, and I decided to do it. This is day one, after all, it's early -- and anyone pledging this early should get the chance to get the good pricing.

Therefore I extended the quantity of the $10 early birds. Anyone who pledged $15 after the E.B. ran out, feel free to edit your bid.
I don't get your line of reasoning. Anyone who pledges to the kickstarter supports you very very early, if you think of those $10 pledges as preorders then why not anyone preorder for $10 during the KS campaign? People who see your KS page for the first time after the early bird promotion runs out but would pledge money to preorder the game might think they're getting a bad deal and not pledge at all.

catabarez

I don't get your line of reasoning. Anyone who pledges to the kickstarter supports you very very early, if you think of those $10 pledges as preorders then why not anyone preorder for $10 during the KS campaign? People who see your KS page for the first time after the early bird promotion runs out but would pledge money to preorder the game might think they're getting a bad deal and not pledge at all.

Many successful kickstarters have done early bird specials. He'll be fine.

szaromir

Banned
Many successful kickstarters have done early bird specials. He'll be fine.
Yes, I'm aware of that. But he said he extends the $10 tier spots specifically as a gesture to those who want to support early. Well anyone who pledges during the KS campaign supports him early.

JDSN

Banned
Yes, I'm aware of that. But he said he extends the $10 tier spots specifically as a gesture to those who want to support early. Well anyone who pledges during the KS campaign supports him early.
So? Its a gesture of goodwill and maybe thank you, not sure where you are getting at.

Jobbs

Banned
Fyi, this post earned you a sale. ;)

Btw, that subtitle is rubbish.

thanks. :) if it makes you feel better, that's the subtitle of the listing and not of the game itself.

the early bird is to encourage people to be early adopters and get the momentum rolling. I think some people take shelter in the safety of external validation and determining that something's already a "winner" before backing (and this is fine, make no mistake, it's their money) -- the earlier backers are the ones braving it more. that's my thinking, anyway. even if I'm wrong, I don't think any harm is done, people can decide for themselves if they want to back and if the price is worth it.

This gif made me laugh out loud.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
For every clown shoes pile of crap kickstarter out there there is an equal and opposite stellar looking effort from someone that just blows my mind and ... wow! This looks freaking great...

Will back and play on my work PC. So pretty!

szaromir

Banned
So? Its a gesture of goodwill and maybe thank you, not sure where you are getting at.
I presented my opinion. It's hardly a gesture of goodwill if you're so dependent on backers (who in turn, if they find $15 too steep, have an option to wait until launch, see if the game is any good, wait two weeks and buy it in a -50% promotion for less than the early bird tier anyway). I'm not saying the campaign is doomed or anything like that, merely that the concept of early birds and this move specifically seem anti-intuitive to me.

edit:
the early bird is to encourage people to be early adopters and get the momentum rolling. I think some people take shelter in the safety of external validation and determining that something's already a "winner" before backing (and this is fine, make no mistake, it's their money) -- the earlier backers are the ones braving it more. that's my thinking, anyway. even if I'm wrong, I don't think any harm is done, people can decide for themselves if they want to back and if the price is worth it.
Heh, I think keeping the lowest tier look like a very attractive deal throughout the campaign would work better (and seeing the lowest tier greyed out might be a big turn off), but I have no statistical data to support my claim, so I'll leave it at that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is such a rough guess. :) You have to put a date down. If it goes that long and the goal is just met ($15kish), I'll be working on my own time to some extent. Which I'm fine with, I've already been doing that. I love this game.

Aight, Matt. I'm in for $10 though from what I see you'll EASILY make this. Get them stretch goals ready

DTU

Banned
This is crazy to see the amount of support from NeoGAF. Is this THE game of NeoGAF? For us, by us?

This is the way I wanted Kickstarter to always work. A single person or a small team with a promising idea get a little help to make their vision a reality. I was getting kind of burnout by all these developer "superstars" taking all the spotlight. Really happy to see that this will surpass the funding goal.

DTU

Banned
This is the way I wanted Kickstarter to always work. A single person or a small team with a promising idea get a little help to make their vision a reality. I was getting kind of burnout by all these developer "superstars" taking all the spotlight. Really happy to see that this will surpass the funding goal.

Totally agree. This is the type of project that Kickstarter was made for. Now hopefully Jobbs doesn't double-dip after running out of money *cough*Double Fine*cough*.

That voice work is awesome, sounds like someone with character, not a dull lifeless Skyrim clone.

Glad I backed this, hopefully the goal is met :3

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So if this thing does well is there a chance it could hit PS4 or iOS down the line? I backed it even though I may not be able to play it. :lol

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Backed at the EB price without looking at a video.

I hope all consoles get this game soon. Cause I am ready to increase my pledge when that happens. Good Jobbs, you!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well since this looks like it will be backed, lets all think of creative ways to get more funding. In turn, creative ways of spending that extra income would have be created, especially if its the dev's desire to keep it a two-man team. Maybe money on a composer? Or a sound library or something...Maybe art outsourcing. Kinda tricky when i think about it. lulz.

Actually maybe buying better hardware and drinking fine wine every night could go a long way.

Top Bottom