• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Chemo said:
They re-use a lot of his tracks from the first game throughout the others, and sometimes remake them, but the original stuff isn't his... and it's passably decent, but it feels like they're trying to recapture his specific style without actually having his level of talent.

The Ghost Trick track Awakening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybi0-OTvoXM) instantly recalls everything was so right with the first Ace Attorney's score... the game is fantastic, and his work on it really sells the drama going on in the game. Early GOTY contender right here, especially if you're really into this kind of thing.
That's probably tied for my favorite track of the game, along with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k054AWLGe68
So catchy. A bit repetitive, but great for walking down the street to.

Jintor

Boney said:
I hope you're not saying Edgeworth's theme is passably decent.

Edgeworth's theme "Great Revival" is from the first AA score, isn't it?

Since the thread's showing a bit more life I may as well post my WIP. Progress!

ghost-trick_wip3.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ShockingAlberto said:
From the earlier quote tree, still ending spoilers.

Well, Jowd managed to get there, so I assume he just hitched a ride on the boat with Yomiel, as well.
The thing is they had a tracker, Missile says he couldn't keep track of Yomiel. Its that line that I am hung up over

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nice. Looks like the setting was the same, but you can defiantly tell they made alterations to the script.

Looks like end plot twist wasn't planed from the start though

timnich

Ending spoilers:

I think that
the game should should have ended in the junkyard for the last level. Not storywise, but in terms of gameplay. I mean, the whole idea of a sea of junk just waiting to be manipulated to solve one final puzzle just screams limitless potential to me. I'm sure the designers could have made some incredible brain teasers with that scenario. I understand why the game ends the way it did, as it makes sense for the story to go that way, but i felt a little underwhelmed at the final puzzle. I was anticipating way more challenge then that.
That's really the only thing I found slightly disappointing in an otherwise outstanding game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
zigg said:
I kind of think that would drive me absolutely nuts... later on in the game in particular.
oh, I can imagine! It would probably need a total overhaul from a gameplay perspective, I'm not just talking about a slight turn of the dial or something.

I'm loving the game, don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking out-loud.

PLOT HOLE IN CHAPTER 7

Sissel says he doesn't know what science is at the superintendent's place, but he responds to Lynne's remark about a sixth sense being unscientific as "says the ghost". HOW DOES HE KNOW ALSKGHEPOINBASOIG!

Anyway, the music in this game is great.

Jintor

cosmicblizzard said:
PLOT HOLE IN CHAPTER 7

Sissel says he doesn't know what science is at the superintendent's place, but he responds to Lynne's remark about a sixth sense being unscientific as "says the ghost". HOW DOES HE KNOW ALSKGHEPOINBASOIG!

Anyway, the music in this game is great.

Sissel's knowledge about shit varies like crazy. At one point he refers to something as a "Rube Goldberg machine" despite, you know, not knowing what science is

Basically try not to think about that bit too much. It gets in the way of the writing.

Jintor said:
Sissel's knowledge about shit varies like crazy. At one point he refers to something as a "Rube Goldberg machine" despite, you know, not knowing what science is

Basically try not to think about that bit too much. It gets in the way of the writing.

Yeah, I don't actually care about that. Was just trying to imitate those crazy nitpickers.

Jintor

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, I don't actually care about that. Was just trying to imitate those crazy nitpickers.

You can't parody something without actually becoming it on the internet!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
cosmicblizzard said:
Actually, you could just say he has a good memory and critical thinking skills and is able to pick up things quickly.

More end game stuff.
I'll likely stop after this, but how did old Missie know what happened before he died?

Boken

Banned
Wow, the demo itself completely sold me on this game. Now to hope EB has some spare copies : ( if only I had clicked on this thread sooner.

jgkspsx

Finished. Why must I go through these games at top speed?? Oh well, it was a blast. Excellent economy of characters, I must say.

Jintor

Drkirby said:
Actually, you could just say he has a good memory and critical thinking skills and is able to pick up things quickly.

More end game stuff.
I'll likely stop after this, but how did old Missie know what happened before he died?

How he knew to go to the junkyard? He listened to the conversation of his intruders. It says this explicitly. He got there the normal way, just in time to find Sissel's ghost waking up.

The hell? I walked into EB on my way from work to see if they might have gotten this in a day early.

Apparently it’s not on the list for it to come in tomorrow, and it won’t be available for about 2 weeks!

Jonnyram

Jintor said:

Well he doesn't say anything like that in the Japanese version, so try not to let that be a plot hole :)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Can't ..... Stop .... Playing

Chapter 7 is freaking hilarious,
crushed by a giant chicken ?!
are you kidding me?!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the crime-scene in the diner? holy shit. the mechanical crime-scene in the locked room? awesome. I take back my knee-jerk reactions to the game systems earlier on. Now the hand-holding has backed off this has been amazing.

zigg

Rez said:
oh, I can imagine! It would probably need a total overhaul from a gameplay perspective, I'm not just talking about a slight turn of the dial or something.

I'm loving the game, don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking out-loud.

Ah, yeah, OK. I get you. If designed that way from the get-go it would be kinda cool.

Chapter 12 spoilers:

Why the hell would you keep a loaded antique gun right next to a contraption that could accidentally lead to it firing? Seems like a pretty big oversight right there. Guess I can forgive Kamila since she was just a stupid kid (at least in terms of common sense).

I hope
Missile
shows up again soon.

So this was supposed to come out in Australia today.

I pre-ordered it from EB and gave then a call a few minutes ago.

Apparently they have no idea when it’s coming now! RAAAAAGE!

LiK

Jintor said:
Finished!

ghost-trick--fin-1.jpg

nice job dude. the colors are spot on.

Tricky I Shadow said:

conspiracy!

rizoo

Banned
this game is BRILLIANT! can't remember the last time i had this much fun with a game, or any piece of software for that matter.

this needs a PC version, MORE people need to play this game!

CoolS

Tricky I Shadow said:

Thanks, at least you saved me from taking the f***ing bus in Sydney to go to EB games.

Jintor

rizoo said:
this game is BRILLIANT! can't remember the last time i had this much fun with a game, or any piece of software for that matter.

this needs a PC version, MORE people need to play this game!

It is coming out on iOS, hopefully that garners some sales

cosmicblizzard said:
Chapter 12 spoilers:

Why the hell would you keep a loaded antique gun right next to a contraption that could accidentally lead to it firing? Seems like a pretty big oversight right there. Guess I can forgive Kamila since she was just a stupid kid (at least in terms of common sense).

I hope
Missile
shows up again soon.

There's a good reason for it

Top Bottom