• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

Are they significantly different? I just liked absolutely nothing about Apollo Justice, neither the gameplay nor the story, not even the characters.

I still think Apollo is the worst of the series.
Play PW1, you're probably gonna reconsider.
I agree with you, though: Ghost Trick is even better than Ace Attorney.

Shiggy

Game is finished now. Quite a nice experience, but not anywhere near a GOTY title for me. For that, it was just not enough and too short - even though the length was absolutely appropriate with the price I paid (5€; 10€ would've also been alright).

I'm still happy that GAF liked this game as I would've ignored it otherwise since I did not really enjoy the Nintendo Channel demo. I think it gives a wrong impression of what the game is about.

Game is finished now. Quite a nice experience, but not anywhere near a GOTY title for me. For that, it was just not enough and too short - even though the length was absolutely appropriate with the price I paid (5€; 10€ would've also been alright).

I'm still happy that GAF liked this game as I would've ignored it otherwise since I did not really enjoy the Nintendo Channel demo. I think it gives a wrong impression of what the game is about.
I think the length is just about right. But I can't give a fair judgement, since it's my GOTY.

Shiggy

I think the length is just about right. But I can't give a fair judgement, since it's my GOTY.

I did not want to say that the game was too short, it was probably the best choice for this title. In fact, it could've been 'harmful had it been longer, as other games like Skyward Sword show.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finished this today. Been playing it slowly over the last couple of weeks as a commuting game so it has lasted me a good while. Won't comment on value for money since it was a present and I'm not going to snoop into finding how much it cost.

A rare example of a decent storyline in a game that flows well with the gameplay. Maybe there is hope for the industry after all.

Tyeforce

Does anyone know where I can find this game in the US, preferably at a discount price? I've been wanting it for awhile now, but I never picked it up when it was on sale everywhere a few months back. Now it seems like it's impossible to find, except online for full price.

IrishNinja

Does anyone know where I can find this game in the US, preferably at a discount price? I've been wanting it for awhile now, but I never picked it up when it was on sale everywhere a few months back. Now it seems like it's impossible to find, except online for full price.

yeah, i gave it and hunted down a used/loose copy at a somewhat-nearby gamestop this morning, i wanna say it was 20 something bucks? you might catch a deal in the buy/sell thread if you're lucky but no one's posted that one lately.

only problem is: they gave me a box for it, but i can't find the art anywhere online to print out! The Cover Project is usually my go-to for this stuff, but they oddly don't have this game up there - anyone know where i can find a scan of the cover to print out?

I wish I had picked this game up earlier. I always heard it was good, but damn, it's fantastic.

I'm playing through it on my iPad now, and loving every minute of it.

It gives me a very specific vibe (music/atmosphere/story to a lesser extent) that I've only had when playing Snatcher in 1995 and Policenauts in late 2009.

Are the other games this developer has made similar to this at all?

Torraz

Very happy I dug this out of the backlog. Just got to chapter 14. I thought the beginning was a bit slow, but the soundtrack is nice and the story is becoming very interesting now.

katkombat

Banned
Found a sealed copy for $15 at Toys R Us! I'm so excited to finally play this one fully! (Played the iOS free version, never bought the other chapters, played the flash demo, and played the ds download demo) Really surprised I got it so cheap!
pYehZBo.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Found a sealed copy for $15 at Toys R Us! I'm so excited to finally play this one fully! (Played the iOS free version, never bought the other chapters, played the flash demo, and played the ds download demo) Really surprised I got it so cheap!
pYehZBo.jpg

Yay! That's awesome. It's really a fantastic experience. Hope you like it!

I just got this game a couple of days ago and I think I'm about 50% done. The animations are absolutely fantastic, and I really like the music too. The music and sound effects remind me of Phoenix Wright games, and that's certainly not a bad thing...

One question... Do I need to worry about the overall time limit? I mean, how much slack does the game give you? I noticed that I took longer than necessary with the prison puzzle...

OMG Aero

One question... Do I need to worry about the overall time limit? I mean, how much slack does the game give you? I noticed that I took longer than necessary with the prison puzzle...
Time has no bearing on the game outside of the "4 minutes before death" sections and even then you can rewind whenever you want so it isn't an issue. Everything else is scripted so don't worry about taking too long or rushing through things.

Just finished the IOS version. What a great journey. I managed to finish it without ever needing a guide, although there was one stealth section that really had me cursing at the game. Still, I paid $5 for the whole game and got more than my money's worth. Really recommend it : )

Top Bottom