• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters III... it's REALLY happening this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to get Wes Anderson to direct it. All of the Ghostbusters would have daddy issues and Billy Murray would definitely be in it.

Fritz

They need to get Wes Anderson to direct it. All of the Ghostbusters would have daddy issues and Billy Murray would definitely be in it.

So it would finally blend in with this
FilmationGhostbusters.jpg

NR1

Between Etan Cohen's work on Tropic Thunder and Idiocracy, I feel a bit better about this writing effort of GB3. I thought MIB3 was actually pretty good too, considering the train wreck that was MIB2 and the fact that they started filming the third movie without a completed script. It could have turned out much worst than it did.

Perhaps Dan Aykroyd has figured out a truly sinister way of tricking Bill Murray into signing on to this movie:

Well, how about Garfield? Can you explain that to me? Did you just do it for the dough?

No! I didn't make that for the dough! Well, not completely. I thought it would be kind of fun, because doing a voice is challenging, and I'd never done that. Plus, I looked at the script, and it said, "So-and-so and Joel Coen." And I thought: Christ, well, I love those Coens! They're funny. So I sorta read a few pages of it and thought, Yeah, I'd like to do that. I had these agents at the time, and I said, "What do they give you to do one of these things?" And they said, "Oh, they give you $50,000." So I said, "Okay, well, I don't even leave the fuckin' driveway for that kind of money."

And it's not like you're helping out an indie director by playing Garfield.

Exactly. He's in 3,000 newspapers every day; he's not hurtin'. Then this studio guy calls me up out of nowhere, and I had a nice conversation with him. No bullshit, no schmooze, none of that stuff. We just talked for a long time about the movie. And my agents called on Monday and said, "Well, they came back with another offer, and it was nowhere near $50,000." And I said, "That's more befitting of the work I expect to do!" So tehy went off and shot the movie, and I forgot all about it. Finally, I went out to L.A. to record my lines. And usually when you're looping a movie, if it takes two days, that's a lot. I don't know if I should even tell this story, because it's kind of mean. [beat] What the hell? It's interesting. So I worked all day and kept going, "That's the line? Well, I can't say that." And you sit there and go, What can I say that will make this funny? And make it make sense? And I worked. I was exhausted, soaked with sweat, and the lines got worse and worse. And I said, "Okay, you better show me the rest of the movie, so we can see what we're dealing with." So I sat down and watched the whole thing, and I kept saying, "Who the hell cut this thing? Who did this? What the fuck was Coen thinking?" And then they explained it to me: It wasn't written by that Joel Coen.

GQ via Vulture

From the IMDB profile from Ethan Cohen:

Trivia: Not to be confused with another screenwriter, Ethan Coen.

SHHHHHHH..... nobody tell Bill......

LOL

i thought that ghostbuster game was supposed to be like the unofficial sequel(3)

It is.

And the currently ongoing and completely and utterly fantastic comic series is the 4th sequel. It treats GB I & II, the Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, and Ghostbusters The Video Game as canon. It is so, so good. If they never made another movie but just kept the comic going with the current team I would be elated. They get every single thing from the first movie right. The characters are spot on, their motivations and banter are perfect, they occasionally dip into the science part of ghost busting, yet there are also callbacks to GBII, the video game, and both cartoon series. It is just so incredibly wonderful. It's everything I could ever want from a Ghostbusters comic and more.

Ghostbusters_Ongoing01_coverA.jpg

If they ever make another movie they'd better not treat the game like it doesn't exist. I can understand the movies ignoring the cartoons and comics but the game really legitly is supposed to be the third entry into the film franchise.

It's that time again: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/18/ghostbusters-3-looking-to-film-summer-2013

Word has it Ghostbusters 3 will finally shoot next year after a dog's age in development hell.

Buried in this Deadline article about Paramount putting director Ivan Reitman's Draft Day, starring Kevin Costner, in turnaround is a tidbit about when the long-gestating threequel might finally go before cameras:

"Paramount chose not to make it in the small window that Reitman has before he is expected to finally get the long-gestating Ghostbusters reboot in front of the cameras next summer for Sony Pictures (sans Bill Murray). ... It would be tough to find room to squeeze in the football film and get done before Reitman goes back to Ghostbusters duty. Paramount insiders tell me that if the film can’t happen in this nearly impossibly short window, the studio could simply hang on to Draft Day, and make it after Reitman and Costner finish their obligations."

Again. This movie is never happening.

Man, I would kill for this movie to happen and be good... sadly, I don't think its going to ever be made. Now to wait for it and Jurassic Park 4 some more anyways.

Jawmuncher

Im still confused as to why Bill Murray isnt on board.
He isn't really doing anything and he was there for voice work on the game (If I recall correctly)

Todays update: shooting has been delayed due to Sony financial problems. Little bonus info at least I didn't know before, the script is done and was written by the guy who wrote Men in Black 3. Also some confusion as to whether it's a reboot or a sequel, due to Reitman's wording. Sure it's a sequel still, since Akroyd is still talking about it.

Financial issues at Sony Pictures have reportedly forced director Ivan Reitman to push back the production of the horror spoof franchise's third instalment until next autumn at the earliest.

Despite having original director Ivan on board and a script from 'Men In Black 3' writer Etan Cohen ready, the delay looks likely to see Ghostbusters 3's release date pushed back until 2014, but there are also concerns the film may not be made at all, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Plans to make 'Ghostbusters 3' have been in the pipeline since 1996, but it is not known whether the film will be a reboot or a follow-up.

Ivan recently said: 'Well, I'd like to go forward and make new things. I think 'Ghostbusters' probably should be remade, if we can get it all right. We're working on it, so we'll see.'

Source.

For some reason, this quote is apt to the whole GB3 movie:

As a friend I have to tell you: you've finally gone round the bend on this ghost business. You guys have been running your ass off meeting and greeting every schizo in the five boroughs who says he has a paranormal experience. What have you seen?

Especially coming from Bill Murray.

FUCK.

perhaps the shittiest bump of all time. no offense, because we all make mistakes but... goddamnit :´(

screw that shit website. get off my internet!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
We're gonna need him to have some sort of crippling addiction and burn through his savings before he'll agree to this.

Its kinda fucked that he would choose THIS movie to become so discriminating because he literally fucking called in his Ghostbusters videogame voice work while he was playing golf.

I'd almost be more worried if it was actually happening. I just can't see this working out well, not that it has any chance of ever happening.

This thread doesn't deserve to live. Someone pull the plug.

This thread is the hero we deserve but not the one we need right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom