• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Is Back!

M3wThr33

Banned
Who's the youngest person here who actually knows the Ghostbusters and is old enough to appreciate what this means? I'm 24.

Backflip

twinturbo2 said:
I'm going to buy this. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles revival in theaters was awesome, and now this... it's a great time to be someone who was born in 1985. :D

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's like having a second childhood.

arne

Mr Mike said:
Exactemont!

What really irritates me is that they luck out with Blizzard and then everything that massive team does funds the rest of the bumbling.

Hey now, that hurts right *here*

While there will always been licensed games and many of them won't be great quality due to development time and other vagaries of developing licensed content, Tremblay and team have really been pushing the teams towards better quality and interesting games for the future (see prototype, brutal legend, etc.) have just a smidge more faith.

mCACGj said:
cheechxc5.jpg

...Better late than never....

Absolutely perfect post. This is one Titanic-sized megaton.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
FoneBone said:
True?

EDIT: Also, am I the only one fearing a Simpsons Game repeat here? Loads of polish in regard to the license, not so much in regard to gameplay?

What the hell does "a Pixar look" mean?

Granted I've only seen the X360 version, but it was my understanding the Wii and PS2 versions were more or less the same. I know they are "toned down" to get a lower rating, but I haven't seen it so I don't know the art style to comment.

That's not much of a reveal though, whatever you posted. Theres nothing new in it.
I can see the next gen versions are "realistic" looking - but no shit.

Though stay puft looked reaaaaaaaaaaally awesome

laserbeam

Banned
John Harker said:
What the hell does "a Pixar look" mean?

Granted I've only seen the X360 version, but it was my understanding the Wii and PS2 versions were more or less the same. I know they are "toned down" to get a lower rating, but I haven't seen it so I don't know the art style to comment.

That's not much of a reveal though, whatever you posted. Theres nothing new in it.
I can see the next gen versions are "realistic" looking - but no shit.

Though stay puft looked reaaaaaaaaaaally awesome

Thats "360 demo" was not licensed or even part of the real game. So we have no idea what it will be like. But Pixar look would be Animated like Incredibles or something of that sort. Which is what the Ghostbusters 3 movie is supposed to be like a CGI pixar style flick.

The Reason for this style of Movie was said to be due to the desire to do alot of effects and such that real life just couldn't allow.

FoneBone

That was from some rumor site, and later posted on go nintendo. I don't know any more about the game than the next guy.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
laserbeam said:
Thats "360 demo" was not licensed or even part of the real game. So we have no idea what it will be like. But Pixar look would be Animated like Incredibles or something of that sort. Which is what the Ghostbusters 3 movie is supposed to be like a CGI pixar style flick.

The Reason for this style of Movie was said to be due to the desire to do alot of effects and such that real life just couldn't allow.

What 360 demo are you talking about?
The one I saw behind-closed-doors months ago?

It's like talking to a wall sometimes at GAF, seriously heh

subrock

I actually met one of the guys behind this at a local cancer charity run and he seemed genuinely psyched about this game. cant wait to check it out, might finally be a good movie license.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
New details? And a screenshot?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

slimer.jpg

Vivendi Games is pacting with Sony Pictures to turn "Ghostbusters" into a videogame franchise.

First title in what the publisher hopes will be a series of "Ghostbusters" games is set for release in fall '08 from Vivendi's Sierra label.

All four members of the movie team -- Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis -- will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game. Some supporting castmembers have signed up as well, including William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.

In addition, film scribes Aykroyd and Ramis will pen a story for the vidgame that takes place in the early '90s, after "Ghostbusters II," during a new ghoul invasion of New York City.

Deal comes on the heels of several other classic movies that have recently been adapted into successful vidgames, including EA's "The Godfather" and Vivendi's own "Scarface: The World Is Yours."

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC = Terminal Reality

PlayStation 2, Wii and DS = Red Fly Studios

FoneBone

Publisher is particularly optimistic for the chances of "Ghostbusters" because, unlike the young male-targeted "Scarface," it has the potential to appeal to children and adults. Developer Terminal Reality is making a "Ghostbusters" game for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 aimed primarily at the core gamer demographic, while Red Fly Studios is making a version for Playstation 2, Wii and DS designed more for families and casual gamers.

Terminal Reality did the BloodRayne games, Aeon Flux, and Metal Slug Anthology. Red Fly is the developer of Mushroom Men.

tanod

when is my burrito
FoneBone said:
Terminal Reality did the BloodRayne games, Aeon Flux, and Metal Slug Anthology. Red Fly is the developer of Mushroom Men.

Dammit! They can do better than that. Pony up the money dammit and do it right!! Get a better developer. FUCK!!!! :mad:

laserbeam

Banned
Funny enough with the developers announced. It seems like the Wii Developer has the better shot of making a good game. The Mushroom Men game for Wii actually looks promising

JoshuaJSlone said:
Hmm. If Halo 3 can get its own drink, this calls for a return of Ecto Cooler.
wtf happened to Ecto Cooler, that was the greatest drink ever. I used to drink the giant canned form at home and drink boxes to school.

laserbeam

Banned
Illuminati said:
wtf happened to Ecto Cooler, that was the greatest drink ever. I used to drink the giant canned form at home and drink boxes to school.

just found this

2001, at which point it was renamed Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen. Slimer was replaced on the packaging by a similar-looking blob of lips. Except for the flavor, the only other unchanged aspect of the product is that it is still being noted as ecto cool on many store receipts.

In 2006, Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen was renamed Crazy Citrus Cooler.

so it still exists just renamed but :(

The Hi-C products used to be the color implied by their flavor, but in 2002, Hi-C was reintroduced as a yellowish clear beverage that would not stain clothing. Thus, flavors like Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen lost their distinctive colors.

no longer green

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Router said:
New details? And a screenshot?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

slimer.jpg

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC = Terminal Reality

PlayStation 2, Wii and DS = Red Fly Studios
Eh... my expectations just sank like a battleship.

I'll reserve judgement over the Wii/DS versions until Mushroom Men comes out. But Terminal Reality? Really?

Brannon said:
Will there be a black person in THIS Ghostbusters game? Unless that Harold guy is the black guy, I forget.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Kevin

I'm more concerned with this comment:

Publisher is particularly optimistic for the chances of "Ghostbusters" because, unlike the young male-targeted "Scarface," it has the potential to appeal to children and adults. Developer Terminal Reality is making a "Ghostbusters" game for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 aimed primarily at the core gamer demographic, while Red Fly Studios is making a version for Playstation 2, Wii and DS designed more for families and casual gamers.

Wii version to consist of mini games confirmed?

tanod said:
Dammit! They can do better than that. Pony up the money dammit and do it right!! Get a better developer. FUCK!!!! :mad:

calm down, it could've been so much worse.

Terminal Reality, did a great job with Blood Rayne 2. The games are good, the movies are what suck ass..don't get it confused.

Best news ever... I get to relive my childhood.
Needs co-op mode where someone is designated as the dude who throws the trap out.

This game needs more to it than shaky cam and shooting things with beams. Please don't fuck this up whoever you are!

edit: Just saw the developers.

Terminal Reality (PC / 360 / PS3):
4x4 Evo games
The Blair Witch Experience
Bloodrayne 1 & 2
Blowout
Cart Precision Racing
Fly!
Fury 3
Hellbender
Maximum Racing
Monster Truck Madness
Nocturne
Re-Mission
Roadkill
SpyHunter: Nowhere to Run
Terminal Velocity

Red Fly Studios (PS2 / Wii / DS)
No back catalogue yet
Mushroom Men (coming soon)
Staff previously worked on games such as: Star Wars Galaxies, BloodRayne, Nocturne, FIFA Football 2005, Anachronox, SSX3 and Deus Ex.

I really need one of these games (if not both) to be awesome.

Please be awesome!

arne said:
ANNIE POTTS
Aging geeky women is your thing?

To each his own.:D

I'm psyched... for the Wii version... if they model it after the cartoon... and if it's an actual game...

I have little to no hope for the 360/PS3 versions now.

arne

Thunder Monkey said:
Aging geeky women is your thing?

To each his own.:D

I'm psyched... for the Wii version... if they model it after the cartoon... and if it's an actual game...

I have little to no hope for the 360/PS3 versions now.

something about that down home city accent gets me. :lol

mCACGj

laserbeam said:

I'm pretty sure the reason they were going to do CG is because there was no other way Murray was going to be involved. He was willing to do the voice work, but was not willing to do any acting. I'm sure effects had something to do with it too, but I think the real reason is Murray.

Lobster

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Red Fly Studios (PS2 / Wii / DS)
No back catalogue yet
Mushroom Men (coming soon)
Staff previously worked on games such as: Star Wars Galaxies, BloodRayne, Nocturne, FIFA Football 2005, Anachronox, SSX3 and Deus Ex.

You forgot to mention that some have worked for Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo studios. Also someone from Retro. One of them also worked on Gears of War!

Heres a pic of Mushroom Men incase anyone doubts their skill.

1534764179_38b63c0986.jpg

Ill be all over this, as a mid twentys man ghost busters was the shit to me as a kid figures moves beding i had it all. On that note wheres my ghostbusters hd movies would love to own these on bluray on hddvd make it happen.

SPEA

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/ghostbusters-screen-co+op--mp-info-322990.php

Got some MORE Ghostbusters news. Sure you can handle it. Vivendi have confirmed to Variety writer Ben Fritz that the games will feature both multiplayer and co-op. Co-op? Be still, my beating heart. Also, up *there*, you'll find a screenshot we managed to get hold of earlier today (click for a bigger version). It's picture tells a thousand words. Most of them being childish squeals. Now if you'll excuse us, we've got to go practice some official, canonical, co-op one-liners. Something about two in the box, and we being fast.

gbstaypuft.jpg

arne said:
something about that down home city accent gets me. :lol
Your not alone...

I had a thing for her too.

Her constant pining for Egon made me wish I was an eccentric paranormal investigator that tried to drill a hole in his head.

"It would've worked too if you'd let me."

Top Bottom