• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Is Back!

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
SPEA said:
gbstaypuft.jpg

YES! Faith in game totally restored with one pic.

Tachikoma20fighto.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
The Bookerman said:
The return of Walter Peck leaves me puzzled?

Aside from being a total dick in #1, what's his contribution to the game?

Being a total dick again is my guess.

Peck FTW!

Lobster

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well geez. Red Fly looks like it has more talent than Terminal Reality. Why are they doing the weaker systems?

They're primary platforms are Wii and DS. Ps2 version is most likely going to be a Wii port.

FUCKING HELL

I can't believe this is real.

Fucking hell.

I can't wait.

This is day fucking one material, even if its only average.

thefro

Yeah, Ghostbusters really seems up Red Fly's alley from what we've seen of Mushroom Men. They might knock it out of the park.

Lobster

Banned
thefro said:
Yeah, Ghostbusters really seems up Red Fly's ally from what we've seen of Mushroom Men. They might knock it out of the park.

Yeah they could really make something of the Wii version. Mushroom Men looks fantastic, we will just have to wait and see if it is fantastic.

sinnergy

SPEA said:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/ghostbusters-screen-co+op--mp-info-322990.php

Got some MORE Ghostbusters news. Sure you can handle it. Vivendi have confirmed to Variety writer Ben Fritz that the games will feature both multiplayer and co-op. Co-op? Be still, my beating heart. Also, up *there*, you'll find a screenshot we managed to get hold of earlier today (click for a bigger version). It's picture tells a thousand words. Most of them being childish squeals. Now if you'll excuse us, we've got to go practice some official, canonical, co-op one-liners. Something about two in the box, and we being fast.

gbstaypuft.jpg

What WOW! YES.. Looks pretty good imo.

Tr4nce

F*CK YEAH!!!

I remember seeing the YouTube video's bach then, and I was rather impressed. When I was a kid, I had all the toys and stuff.

Let's hope things will work out!

Tr4nce

SPEA said:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/ghostbusters-screen-co+op--mp-info-322990.php

Got some MORE Ghostbusters news. Sure you can handle it. Vivendi have confirmed to Variety writer Ben Fritz that the games will feature both multiplayer and co-op. Co-op? Be still, my beating heart. Also, up *there*, you'll find a screenshot we managed to get hold of earlier today (click for a bigger version). It's picture tells a thousand words. Most of them being childish squeals. Now if you'll excuse us, we've got to go practice some official, canonical, co-op one-liners. Something about two in the box, and we being fast.

gbstaypuft.jpg

I LOVE THIS SCREENSHOT, but what good is it when the game takes place AFTER GB II, because that is the case. Maybe a flashback sequence in the game?

Taker666

I may have to kill someone if the Wii version doesn't include-

1st person ghost busting mode

Ghost traps thrown out with a nunchuk flip

Wiimote aimed proton streams (with a bit of Wimote vibration to go with it).

Actually strike that....I will have to kill someone.

AGFlamey

Please let the C64 version be an unlockable extra.

Holy hell, that screenshot is amazing. Nice work. And guys...a developer's track record is hardly an indication of how they'll make a Ghostbusters game. This could be damn awesome.

This is great news, I was so psyched when those videos first leaked, and then my world was destroyed when they stated that they were fake/fan made. From the info we have, we still don't know if those videos are actual footage. Still makes me glad to see this though.

Who ya gonna call?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
SPEA said:

gbstaypuft.jpg

Sweet, this was part of the trailer I saw a few months ago. It's a pretty badass scene. You gotta shoot at him as he like, climbs the building or something.
Also saw a lot of Slimer shots

AniHawk said:
Well geez. Red Fly looks like it has more talent than Terminal Reality. Why are they doing the weaker systems?
Nocturne and the Blair Witch Game show that Terminal Reality can knock them out of the park imho. fingers tightly crossed.

the developer for the ps3/360 version has me kinda worried but i will remain cautiously optimistic.

hopefully y co-op they mean 4 player online co-op

pubba

This is good news, I'll take anything ghostbusters related, and hearing that the original guys are writing/voicing the project is great news.

Can't believe that Ghostbusters came out 21 years ago..

ghostbustersthen.jpg

ghostbustersnow.jpg

Nice concept art

ghostbustersthegame.jpg

Tr4nce said:
I LOVE THIS SCREENSHOT, but what good is it when the game takes place AFTER GB II, because that is the case. Maybe a flashback sequence in the game?

My bet is that the new bad guy/girl/thing will prove how bad ass it is/they are by resurrecting all the monsters they've fought in the past as mini bosses.

wsippel

Banned
plagiarize said:
Nocturne and the Blair Witch Game show that Terminal Reality can knock them out of the park imho. fingers tightly crossed.
The executive producer of Blair Witch actually works at Red Fly these days. He also was the writer and set designer, and one of the developers of Terminal Realitys Infernal Engine.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
This game co-op online is my dream game. That screenshot is fap worthy. PLEASE be good!

wsippel said:
The executive producer of Blair Witch actually works at Red Fly these days. He also was the writer and set designer, and one of the developers of Terminal Realitys Infernal Engine.
well... then i look forwards to seeing how the game is shaping up on the wii. eitherway, this is hugely exciting.

tanod

when is my burrito
Still skeptical. Screenshot looks nice but it could animate like shit. Also, release date of Fall 2008 leaves me doubting this is gonna be polished to any tolerable degree.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
stay puft picture inspires a LOT of confidence.
and i personally feel vigo has a place in the ghostbusters lore, but i've always been a ghostbusters 2 apologist

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
it is. which is probably for the best, since from the scant shots we've seen from the new game, the ghostbusters' uniforms have a more traditional look that just looks nice and understated.

thefro

I imagine this will incorporate some of the concepts of the Ghostbusters III movie screenplay

http://movies.ign.com/articles/366/366119p1.html

The basic concept is that hell (which is a mirror version of Manhattan called "Manhellton") has gotten too crowded, so it's kicking people back to earth. So the Ghostbusters have to go there to try and stop it.

wsippel

Banned
v0yce said:
Do they have the tools?
Do they have the talent?
Both studios use the same engine as far as I know. The Infernal Engine, developed by Terminal Reality. One of the developers is at Red Fly these days, and brought the engine with him. So I guess they have the tools. Red Fly also seems to have a great team.

This is awesome. Even if the game only turns out to be mediocre, the fact that the original cast is writing the script and providing the voices should make up for it.

Tr4nce said:
It would be cool if they used flashbacks from the first two films as tutorial levels at the beginning of the game.

loosus

Banned
Please pick just one platform and get that platform manufacturer's full support. Please. The game is gonna be a struggle to begin with...don't letting it be multiplatform increase its chances of suckage even more. :(

I hate to say it, but I kinda wish Nintendo was behind this. I just have a feeling that they could get this right -- at least more so than these folks. Or just let Nintendo build the concept, the controls, and a basic level and let these folks take over from there. :p

AndoCalrissian said:
It would be cool if they used flashbacks from the first two films as tutorial levels at the beginning of the game.
If almost every Star Wars game can squeeze in a Death Star bit, it's only fair Ghostbusters games can squeeze in a Stay Puft scene.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Mr Mike said:
Exactemont!
What really irritates me is that they luck out with Blizzard and then everything that massive team does funds the rest of the bumbling.

I dunno - World in Conflict, Brutal Legend, Prototype, Wet, a new Snowblind hack-and-slash and GHOSTBUSTERS!!! ain't a lineup to sniff at, and even Bourne's not looking unbearable.

Top Bottom