• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giannis pissed looking for 64 pt ball

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL. Giannis had a career night with 64 pts. But the Pacers had a new guy who got his first points of his career. So both sides fought for the basketball at the end of the game.

Funny thing is Sportnset showed a clip that at the final buzzer, the ref handed the ball to a Bucks security guy. So he had it. But I guess the Pacers got the ball off him and took it to their locker room. Thats when Giannis was pissed and ran down the tunnel looking for it.

Giannis claimed he was looking for the ball for Damian Lillard who passed Kyle Korver in 3 pointers list.

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

That's wild. Dame has plenty of game balls I'm sure, and Giannis will probably get plenty more in his career. Just give it to the kid on the Pacers, I guess. I do like his fire though, Bucks are looking great!

I would have hit my 6-team parley if Washington covered against New Orleans yikes, I am not betting on those guys anytime soon.

Lunarorbit

Nba players are the most delusional out of all the sports in NA. They have their egos pumped up starting in HS and lots of them never learn to be emotionally mature.

Give the ball to the rookie. Giannis and dame have rooms filled with awards and they won't remember this game ball at the end of the season. The rookie scored his first points in the NBA and you throw a bitch fit?! Fuck off

GymWolf

Nba players are the most delusional out of all the sports in NA. They have their egos pumped up starting in HS and lots of them never learn to be emotionally mature.

Give the ball to the rookie. Giannis and dame have rooms filled with awards and they won't remember this game ball at the end of the season. The rookie scored his first points in the NBA and you throw a bitch fit?! Fuck off
Yep, dude acted like a basic bitch.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Sad 3D GIF by Irakli Gharibashvili Jr.

I lead the state in rebounding, no one gave me a game ball ever. I deserve a ball.

Cyberpunkd

Funny thing is Sportnset showed a clip that at the final buzzer, the ref handed the ball to a Bucks security guy. So he had it. But I guess the Pacers got the ball off him and took it to their locker room. Thats when Giannis was pissed and ran down the tunnel looking for it.

Giannis claimed he was looking for the ball for Damian Lillard who passed Kyle Korver in 3 pointers list.
Is this some sort of nu-speak sexual slang?

Mesousa

Banned

Dont blame that on US. Giannis is from Europe.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wait, do they really use a single ball for the entire game?
Ha that's the thing. Im pretty sure there's multiple which makes this look that much more petty and sad
Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said afterward the Pacers took the ball for Oscar Tshiebwe, who scored his first official NBA point in the contest.

That led to a confrontation between members of the teams in the arena hallway. Carlisle said several Bucks players, including Antetokounmpo, came into the Pacers tunnel looking for the ball and that a scuffle ensued. The coach said Pacers general manager Chad Buchanan was elbowed in the ribs by one of the Milwaukee players.

"Unfortunate situation," Carlisle said. "We don't need the official game ball. There's two game balls there; we could've taken the other one. But it didn't need to escalate to that. Really just unfortunate. Third game we played these guys within 2½ [weeks], three weeks, so things are heated with the competition, and I understand all that. But for it to come into the hallway, it didn't need to happen that way."

Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said afterward the Pacers took the ball for Oscar Tshiebwe, who scored his first official NBA point in the contest.

That led to a confrontation between members of the teams in the arena hallway. Carlisle said several Bucks players, including Antetokounmpo, came into the Pacers tunnel looking for the ball and that a scuffle ensued. The coach said Pacers general manager Chad Buchanan was elbowed in the ribs by one of the Milwaukee players.

"Unfortunate situation," Carlisle said. "We don't need the official game ball. There's two game balls there; we could've taken the other one. But it didn't need to escalate to that. Really just unfortunate. Third game we played these guys within 2½ [weeks], three weeks, so things are heated with the competition, and I understand all that. But for it to come into the hallway, it didn't need to happen that way."
I'm actually surprised there are only two game balls. Most sports go through a ton of them.

edit: even hockey goes through like 10 a game and a puck is literally just a slab of rubber

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm actually surprised there are only two game balls. Most sports go through a ton of them.

edit: even hockey goes through like 10 a game and a puck is literally just a slab of rubber
Probably because not many go into the crowd. And if they do, the refs always seem to call the ball back from them as the ball will only be flung maybe a couple rows in. Hockey and baseball have errand shots and foul tips every minute zooming to row 40.

Winning team should decide on what happens to the ball. Though it does kind of sound like the equipment guy gave it up. Proper attitude is for the guy to let the rookie have the stupid ball, and look to score 65 the next night 🤷‍♂️

NickFire

Sympathetic to Giannis on this, but his team was away and a home team rookie scored his first points. Ball should go to the rookie. Would go to Giannis is his team had been home.

bender

What time is it?
I'm all for giving rookies a game ball but he didn't even score his first basket, merely a free throw. Give the rookie the secondary game ball. 64 is a Bucks scoring record so it has personal and historical significance. It was on the Bucks home court. Ball belongs to Giannis, optics aside.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
That's Michael Jordan.

Lol, no!
Dude's averaging 32 pts a game with a 63% shooting percentage and he's "overrated" lmao

The guy just steams rolls through other players with size and a higher amount of speed than most players. The dunks artificially pad his shooting percentages.
The guy is shooting 22.5% from 3 this year, and his mid range game is average. Not skilled at an elite level, just big and fast.

Bucks had a cakewalk to 2021 finals due to crappy play, brackets and injuries. They had no business winning that title, and he would still be a losing player in the playoffs due to his lack of diversity in his game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Lol, no!

The guy just steams rolls through other players with size and a higher amount of speed than most players. The dunks artificially pad his shooting percentages.
The guy is shooting 22.5% from 3 this year, and his mid range game is average. Not skilled at an elite level, just big and fast.

Bucks had a cakewalk to 2021 finals due to crappy play, brackets and injuries. They had no business winning that title, and he would still be a losing player in the playoffs due to his lack of diversity in his game.

Jordan couldn't shoots 3s either. His efg wasn't elite and the Bulls team defensive efficiency IMPROVED when he retired to play baseball.

He is the most overrated athlete in the history of sport.

THE DUCK

Jordan couldn't shoots 3s either. His efg wasn't elite and the Bulls team defensive efficiency IMPROVED when he retired to play baseball.

He is the most overrated athlete in the history of sport.

Jordan's 6 championships say otherwise.
Bu the time Jordan retired he was clearly not the same player physically, so nice stat.

THE DUCK

96NSBB160087Russell-scaled.jpg

When Jordan retired in 93, he wasn't the same player physically? Lol wut

Typo there, 2003, he was much slower, overweight, and a shadow of prime jordan. He should have stayed retired, and his numbers reflected that for those years 2 years Also that Wizards team sucked hard, all of his numbers were reduced by those 2 crap years. He still ended up shooting 33% career 3pt vs Giannis at 29%. And he brought many more tangible things to his team to make it a winning team.
Giannis will never measure up to Jordan's career.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Typo there, 2003, he was much slower, overweight, and a shadow of prime jordan. He should have stayed retired, and his numbers reflected that for those years 2 years Also that Wizards team sucked hard, all of his numbers were reduced by those 2 crap years. He still ended up shooting 33% career 3pt vs Giannis at 29%. And he brought many more tangible things to his team to make it a winning team.
Giannis will never measure up to Jordan's career.

No, I'm talking about the Bulls defensive efficiency improving in 94, after he retired the first time.

Also, his 3pt shooting stats took a major bump when the NBA moved the 3pt line in for bad shooters in the mid 90s. Remove those years and his 3pt shooting averages drop dramatically.

What tangible things did he bring to the team?

I'm not saying he was a bad player. He's certainly a top 10 all time player, but he's definitely overrated and won 0 rings without Scottie. The Giannis vs MJ debate is certainly reasonable.

THE DUCK

No, I'm talking about the Bulls defensive efficiency improving in 94, after he retired the first time.

Also, his 3pt shooting stats took a major bump when the NBA moved the 3pt line in for bad shooters in the mid 90s. Remove those years and his 3pt shooting averages drop dramatically.

What tangible things did he bring to the team?

I'm not saying he was a bad player. He's certainly a top 10 all time player, but he's definitely overrated and won 0 rings without Scottie. The Giannis vs MJ debate is certainly reasonable.

You can say any player wouldn't have won rings without X player (s).
The single biggest thing Jordan brought to the team was his drive to win, it was insane. He also had a knack for hiting timely shots, guarded or not. The game was also about 5x more physical back then, he took so much more abuse every single game and got up every time to take more punishment.
Guess we will see in the end how GIannis does, I don't see him winning another champtionship on the bucks. Lillard is a leaky valve on defense and in the playoffs teams will burn that to death.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
MJ is an awesome player, but he needed the supporting cast to win those rings. Before the core team got assembled and matured, the Bulls did nothing. And that makes sense because Pippen just started and Jordan's best linemates in some years were Charles Oakley and Dave Corzine. His per game stats were actually BETTER in the late 80s, but the teams did worse. When the core linemates were all set and matured when they won championships, Jordan's stats got worse but the team played way better as a unit. He was clearly the best player at the time against the losses vs Pistons, but Pistons won as a more balanced team.

Championship rings to me mean nothing in team sports because it's a team game. Now if MJ was single handedly winning championships with Oakley and Corzine and Jim Paxson were the next best players that'd be different.

Jim Paek won two Stanley Cups as the 6th Dman on the Penguins when Lemieux was dominating. Ray Bourque has one ring he got tagging along an Avs run at age 40 and then retired. Jim Paek is not better than Bourque.

Top Bottom