• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I assume they're doing a video cast for GOTY too, the studio can fit all of them so no reason why not.

Probably not doing them live though! That wouldn't make sense with all the other content they release during GOTY and when they release it.

That will be awesome. But hopefully it doesn't inadvertently turn down the heat - I like my goty arguments raw

That's why it's normally a 5 man podcast now with Drew and Jason switching on recording duties, but Jason was out sick for that episode.
Still feels like whoever is sitting in the control chair is going to be out of the conversation a lot.

Although I suppose Drew never really speaks much anyway so...eh.

Rainmaker

Banned
I always expect Gang Beast to have run its course but I'm proven wrong every time they get to playing it. They have noticeable fun with it. Somehow that game always makes for a good time.

I'm just watching today's UPF now. Rorie has the same phone and case combo as me, down to the colours of both. I knew he has good judgement with phones.

JJDubz

"So this is like Gang Beasts-"
*closes video*

tumblr_mvnzxhjm3Q1t030mqo1_400.gif

oti

Banned

A Quick Look for I Am Setsuna! http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-i-am-setsuna/2300-11448/

It looks like a pretty cool 3D platformer. Though the awkward control method wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I've just had enough of that style of game. Same with that Videoball game. 5 minutes in and I'm good. Make them part of some bigger gaming competition show (several games with points, person with most points in the end wins) or something dumb like that. Make them interesting.

I've just had enough of that style of game. Same with that Videoball game. 5 minutes in and I'm good. Make them part of some bigger gaming competition show (several games with points, person with most points in the end wins) or something dumb like that. Make them interesting.
It's a single-player platformer (with a local co-op mode).

LiK

oh man, just thinking of all the gif potential for reactions from the video version of the Bombcast makes me giddy, do your magic, guys.

My Sonic Mania hot takes.

Pros
- Its not being made by Sonic Team or Dimps. BEST POSSIBLE NEWS!
- The collection of people making it seem competent and their heart is in the right place.
- It looks nice. Not a slave to the MegaDrive style. Not totally modern. A good mix.

Cons
- The people they have making it have done some great ports of classic sonic games but never made something original. Will they have the chops to design good levels?
- Its a bummer they burned the "Sonic 4" name already. Could have used that here.

No blind hype but I have hope this will be OK.

New 3D sonic will probably be meh though but at least Sega is making Classic Sonic a mainstay I guess?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I missed this Sonic thing last night. Why didn't I get the memo that Sega came back? Was there any warning at all that they'd be this god damned insane again?

repeater

I missed this Sonic thing last night. Why didn't I get the memo that Sega came back? Was there any warning at all that they'd be this god damned insane again?
I bet that whole show was designed by the guy who manages Sonic's official Twitter account. Sure got people talking about Sonic again!

Houndi101

Considering the "drought" of video games we seem to be going through NMS would have totally killed it during this time if it ends up being any good...

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Setsuna seems like a good first game. No interest in buying it (that soundtrack almost put me to sleep) but maybe when they get some more fun and personality in a later game I might buy it

Edit: What's the difference between cosplaying and dressing for a party or like Halloween? Is there a difference?

Meneses

Setsuna feels lifeless and boring. I applaud the thematic decision of making the soundtrack piano based but it just doesn't work for this kind of game where you need some variety.

The game definitely feels like it came out of a "Factory".

Proof that Giant Bomb constantly repeats itself.

Vinny Learning of Donkey Kong's history.

This is in Jest if you couldn't tell.

And both times, they are wrong (depending on Nintendo's frame of mind):

The new Donkey Kong introduced in Donkey Kong Country was initially characterized as the grandson of the original Donkey Kong, who appears in the game as an elderly ape named Cranky Kong, however Donkey Kong 64 states that the current Donkey Kong was actually meant to be Cranky Kong's son, with one source implying that he is a grown-up version of Donkey Kong Jr. However, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Donkey Kong Country Returns, the current Donkey Kong is referred to as Cranky's grandson. The story designs of the present DK series, which began with Donkey Kong Country, are clearly different, which Nintendo uses alteration of generations to explain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_(character)

Houndi101

Catching up on content after watching scripted shows for last few weeks, what happens in Strafe if you go in the portal without a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNbNcBFc_O0

I....I don't remember what the catalyst is. I don't remember a catalyst in Mass Effect. Is it the kid?

the catalyst was the magical space battery that they found the plans for on mars and they figured out it "output energy" but didn't know what it actually did even though they built it over the course of the game and then only at the very end did they realize it was supposed to plug into the citadel because the citadel had three magical buttons on top of it all along for special choices if a catalyst was slotted in like a 32x

oh wait, no, that's the crucible. the catalyst is the kid that's right

Damn you Dan Ryckert. My fiancee ordered me a signed copy of Anxiety as an Ally and left special instructions.

http://imgur.com/tRSxpjC
http://imgur.com/9bMBVcC

To explain the inside cover joke, she requested he make reference to Variations on a Korean Folk Song, a piece we have both played in our respective bands and has a particular section of the song that required hours and hours and hours of drilling for me to get right on Trumpet. It left me with a deep seated love/hate relationship with that song. Arirang is the original source of the song.

the catalyst was the magical space battery that they found the plans for on mars and they figured out it "output energy" but didn't know what it actually did even though they built it over the course of the game and then only at the very end did they realize it was supposed to plug into the citadel because the citadel had three magical buttons on top of it all along for special choices if a catalyst was slotted in like a 32x

oh wait, no, that's the crucible. the catalyst is the kid that's right

I didn't think you could make the ME3 ending sound worse than it actually already is but congrats, you pulled it off

Damn you Dan Ryckert. My fiancee ordered me a signed copy of Anxiety as an Ally and left special instructions.

http://imgur.com/tRSxpjC
http://imgur.com/9bMBVcC

To explain the inside cover joke, she requested he make reference to Variations on a Korean Folk Song, a piece we have both played in our respective bands and has a particular section of the song that required hours and hours and hours of drilling for me to get right on Trumpet. It left me with a deep seated love/hate relationship with that song. Arirang is the original source of the song.

I love that song but I know the feeling. I never did concert band past high school but I did marching band in college and quickly learned to love/hate Queen, Led Zeppelin, etc. Did you play that in a school band or professionally?

I love that song but I know the feeling. I never did concert band past high school but I did marching band in college and quickly learned to love/hate Queen, Led Zeppelin, etc. Did you play that in a school band or professionally?

I think my school band work was professional thank you very much.

I did concert, marching, and jazz up through college so yeah, covered all the classic rock song bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom