• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like literally anything, there are jerkish ways to phrase that request.

Okay:
-"I wish there was more content."
-"Don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth from my sub."

Not okay:
-"What the fuck do these guys do all day"
-"Youtubers with a tenth of the resources could do better than this"
-"These guys need to get their shit together"

Valid opinions can be expressed by people being a-holes. They read this thread, people should phrase things as if they were saying them directly to Jeff's face.

Exactly. In the end we all want more content (and I bet they want to put more videos out too) but there are ways to express that without being a jerk.

oti

Banned
They, or atleast Jeff, really don't like competitive stuff. I think Dan wanted to introduce it a little bit, but nah.
So much wasted potential especially with their studio setup. Four of them playing Hitman somewhat competitively was super hype.

Heck, I'd watch them race through New Super Mario Bros. or something. Or Mario Maker stages.

Maiorum

Coming in real late to all this, but I'd just like to point out that the vast majority of the posts over the last few pages have been civil and have refrained from personally attacking the guys. That shit is unacceptable, but I'd appreciate it if these concerns weren't swept aside because of a couple of ugly posts.

Coming in real late to all this, but I'd just like to point out that the vast majority of the posts over the last few pages have been civil and have refrained from personally attacking the guys. That shit is unacceptable, but I'd appreciate it if these concerns weren't swept aside because of a couple of ugly posts.

Agreed, but read many of the pages immediately before that.

Looking forward to GotY! Hopefully Vinny and Alex are still here for UPF (seems like there were conflicting opinions in here on whether they will be or not)

FStop7

Banned
Watch Dogs 2 is a good game

True!

Uncharted 4 is a bad game

lesgo

I wouldn't call it bad, in fact I think it has a good story and the production values are through the roof. When you talk about "cinematic" games it's the best example yet in terms of shot composition during cutscenes, lighting, etc. But it does lack as a game. The enemy AI is basically omniscient. And back to the story, I do think ND has gotten a pass on their stealing likenesses of famous actors and plot elements from various movies.

Even if you remove all the Metal Gear Scanlon videos, it's still 26.

Not that I'm implying MGScanlon wasn't "real" content, I'm just saying.

And they did all of that while still doing UPF every week.

The idea that the "they aren't doing content" perception comes from someone not liking the content is nonsense. Maybe a case could be made that the perception comes from not paying for the other content they put out, but that's another story. When you look at the Premium memberships, we are getting a third of what we got two years ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll say this.

I finished Uncharted 4 and, I was like this with 3 as well, all I could think was 'well i'm glad that's over with. if i see another rock surface that extends way too long vertically or horizontally that I have to push up on and press x in that exact same manner that i always do in an uncharted game, i'm probably going to barf.' So while the game itself was made well enough, I could not be more done with that formula. I'm now as done with the UC formula as I am with Gears. Those characters are completely fleshed out, and even if there is more, I don't want to know more. I want something radically different.

I finished Watch Dogs 2 and all I could think was 'man I hope they make another one of these' the game is not without its issues(mostly in how it balances combat which needs a huge balance change. not the gameplay itself but the damage bullets do, the upgrades available to marcus, the reinforcements system and how much stronger certain hacks are above others) but I loved seeing their world and their experience. I loved the dialogue between the characters except one character because fuck that one character. I dont know if its a spoiler to say who it is or not. The best part about Watch Dogs 2's core group is that Marcus's conversations with each of his pals is VERY different. He doesn't do the video game protagonist 'I talk the same way to everyone and everyone agrees with me' thing. He acts a little stupid to Wrench because they both like goofy shit, he acts very respectful and doesn't try to shock the autistic character Josh, he's got 'i'm not the only other black dude' conversation with Horatio that Austin's article mentioned that they don't use enough in the game itself, and he lets Sitara lead in conversations because of how her personality is since she tries hard to be a leader even if the game implies Marcus is the leader. He toes the line with her.

I don't necessarily want to see the same characters again, but I want to see the same team tackle some more characters. Hell, I had confidence they could make another deathly serious Watch Dogs game like WD1 and actually make it interesting after 2. Also their open world is amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watch _Dogs 2 wins Most Memes 2016.

I'm sorry?
images

I'll say this.

I finished Uncharted 4 and, I was like this with 3 as well, all I could think was 'well i'm glad that's over with. if i see another rock surface that extends way too long vertically or horizontally that I have to push up on and press x in that exact same manner that i always do in an uncharted game, i'm probably going to barf.' So while the game itself was made well enough, I could not be more done with that formula. I'm now as done with the UC formula as I am with Gears. Those characters are completely fleshed out, and even if there is more, I don't want to know more. I want something radically different.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I did want to see the story through though because they did a good job of building up Sam's motivations. But the gameplay was wearing super thin by the end.

My main issue was the lack of set pieces. The motorbike chase was pretty much the only one, and they spoiled that whole thing in the E3 demo. I think if they had two more set pieces, I'd like it quite a bit more.

Lunar FC

Random question from a Barnes & Nobel: Why is everybody so dismissive of fight club these day? Never read the book and wasn't a huge fan of the movie but everytime the duders bring it up they shit all over it for being lame and uncool.

Edit: Also, is Pygmy any good?

Edit 2: Hmm begins with a Hitler quote. Good start.

kingocfs

Random question from a Barnes & Nobel: Why is everybody so dismissive of fight club these day? Never read the book and wasn't a huge fan of the movie but everytime the duders bring it up they shit all over it for being lame and uncool.

At one point it was the Scarface-poster-on-the-dorm-wall of movies. It just became a milquetoast cult hit for college kids.

It was a satire of edgelord anarchist culture that became beloved by / spawned the same kind of insufferable 20-something nihilists that it ostensibly parodied. It probably didn't help that most of Palahniuk's books are more or less the same so that schtick got played out pretty quick.

Lunar FC

Is Snuff really just about the world's largest gangbang?

Back of the book says: "Cassie intends to cap her career by breaking the world record for serial fornication by having sex with 600 men on camera-one of whom wants to kill her." ��

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I did want to see the story through though because they did a good job of building up Sam's motivations. But the gameplay was wearing super thin by the end.

My main issue was the lack of set pieces. The motorbike chase was pretty much the only one, and they spoiled that whole thing in the E3 demo. I think if they had two more set pieces, I'd like it quite a bit more.

One of the best set pieces was the clock tower. I felt that it was better than the motorcycle scene, but that could be mostly because we saw most of the latter at E3 and beyond.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just discovered that I never watched the Load Our Last Souls series with Vinny plowing through Dark Souls.

It's so damn great to have on in the background.

FStop7

Banned
I'll never get the enjoyment people derive in taking something meant for children and sexualizing the shit out of it.

Now pardon me while I go back to doodling Bart Simpson railing Brian from Family Guy

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just discovered that I never watched the Load Our Last Souls series with Vinny plowing through Dark Souls.

It's so damn great to have on in the background.

I finally accepted that I'm not going back to finish Demon's Souls so I started watching the Breaking Brad series this week. Also very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom