• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That's a shame. I ran through Demons' Souls this summer and loved it. What's causing you to stop?

Had it through PS+, don't have that subscription anymore and my backlog is too large for me to realistically finish to justify buying a PS3 game at this point.

Snagret

I just discovered that I never watched the Load Our Last Souls series with Vinny plowing through Dark Souls.

It's so damn great to have on in the background.
Rorie's crescendoing passive aggression is amazing, especially when one of the interns joins in.

"I dunno, it's up to you."

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
"long read or whatever"

Man, fuck off with that whatever shit. Have some fucking sincerity in what you're presenting instead of being apathetic, cynical fucks. That's like some miserable gen-x shit.

It's Vice. I stopped unfollowing them on facebook for all the dumb drug articles they post.

Is it possible that Dan's landlord if a GB fan and realizes how little GBWest content we would get if he left?

Im starting to think Dans landlord is trying to do something nefarious. A 2 bedroom in SF for $1600 a month would be easy to attract another tenant. Almost seems like they are going to try to rent it out behind Dans back, because they know he's moving across the country.

Im starting to think Dans landlord is trying to do something nefarious. A 2 bedroom in SF for $1600 a month would be easy to attract another tenant. Almost seems like they are going to try to rent it out behind Dans back, because they know he's moving across the country.

They very obviously want the monetary penalty from Dan's breach of the lease plus a big increase in rent from a new tenant that they wouldn't get with a sublease.

They very obviously want the monetary penalty from Dan's breach of the lease plus a big increase in rent from a new tenant that they wouldn't get with a sublease.

But in CA if the landlord rerents the place they can't hold Dan liable for the remainder of his lease. (and has an obligation to try and rerent)

You can't double dip on rent that way.

But in CA if the landlord rerents the place they can't hold Dan liable for the remainder of his lease. (and has an obligation to try and rerent)

I think Dan fucked up by being honest with them. How will he know its not being rented to someone else? Make monthly trips back to SF to check? He should have gotten together with his roomate and told the landlord he was laid off or something. Would be less likely to try and screw him if they didn't know he was still employed.

I hope Dreams on PS4 (whenever it comes out) is as easy as this. With Dreams, you can export your creations to things like Unity or even 3D printers. I think Jeff said the same things are planned with this.

I think Dan fucked up by being honest with them. How will he know its not being rented to someone else? Make monthly trips back to SF to check? He should have gotten together with his roomate and told the landlord he was laid off or something. Would be less likely to try and screw him if they didn't know he was still employed.

That's hard to do when Dan is a public figure whose reason for moving is easily accessible knowledge on the internet.

FStop7

Banned

I got curious and looked it up. In California if you break a lease you are still obligated for the balance, however the landlord is also obligated to find a new renter as quickly as possible. And once a new renter is found then the person who broke the lease no longer has to pay rent.

So if Dan were to leave in January and a new renter were found in March then he would only be on the hook for January and February's rent. I am not a lawyer but that's what the info I found on the Internet indicates, and the Internet is always true.

A 2 bed for $1600 in SF should be stupid easy to rent out.

I'm not sure about CA, but in other states you can absolutely write a penalty into the lease for leaving early. So even if they have to try and rerent, a sufficiently scummy landlord could easily double dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom