• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I got curious and looked it up. In California if you break a lease you are still obligated for the balance, however the landlord is also obligated to find a new renter as quickly as possible. And once a new renter is found then the person who broke the lease no longer has to pay rent.

So if Dan were to leave in January and a new renter were found in March then he would only be on the hook for January and February's rent. I am not a lawyer but that's what the info I found on the Internet indicates, and the Internet is always true.

A 2 bed for $1600 in SF should be stupid easy to rent out.

I think Dan's landlord just doesn't want the hassle of having a property with winter lease dates. Dec/jan/feb is the worst time of year to find ideal tenants and you can't command as high a price. Dan said he has 6 months left, which puts it currently around may/june - the ideal leasing period for landlords.

Man. He killed the one guy, caught his gun, then used his (now) two guns for a double kill. I hope this eventually comes to PSVR (not counting on it).

I'm not sure about CA, but in other states you can absolutely write a penalty into the lease for leaving early. So even if they have to try and rerent, a sufficiently scummy landlord could easily double dip.

I hadn't heard the podcast so I didn't realize it was referring to a lease breaking fee. Getting some fuzzy info on the legality in CA though.

Man. He killed the one guy, caught his gun, then used his (now) two guns for a double kill. I hope this eventually comes to PSVR (not counting on it).

Later there's a level where you start with a knife, stab a dude, grab his knife out of the air, and then throw both knives to either side of you for a double kill.

It's a beautiful game.

One thing Jeff isn't mentioning is that you don't have to immediately move to the next part of the level. There have been times where I throw a gun toward the place where I know I'll spawn next, so when it starts I catch that gun out of the air and shoot dudes.

Is there any technical reason why this couldn't go on PSVR? Or is it all exclusivity reasons? The game would be insta-buy for me if it was on PSVR.

If you have bullets left you can shoot them toward where enemies will spawn in the next section, so as soon as it starts those bullets hit them. I've also killed myself this way.

I still don't like this art style :-/
Is there any technical reason why this couldn't go on PSVR? Or is it all exclusivity reasons? The game would be insta-buy for me if it was on PSVR.
I think it could work fine on PSVR (having never tried a PSVR).
But yes, it's at least a timed exclusive.

neshcom

Banned
First no #content, then no #chat, and now games that aren't even #out.
jk ilu

I'm glad they made Nidhogg 2 different from the first.

Alex bringing up they look like Muppets, those characters are the same colors as Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie (trust me, up until recently my niece watched that every day).

Edit- Alex gonna play more Rock Band? I figure he'd want nothing to do with that game for a little while after his crazy Extra Life stream.

Par Score

I hate how this looks compared to the original, but more than that I hate how it sounds. The music in the original was amazing and this is just lame.

Oh well, not like Nidhogg needed a sequel anyhow.

It looks slower, but that could just be the frame rate issues. Other than that, it still looks like Nidhogg, and it still looks fun.

Edit: It also looks a bit more forgiving. I like that there are more weapons, but the bow might need an arrow limit.

Wasn't it Rorie who had an incredible run in Nidhogg, beating everyone that challenged him?

Yep! I think it was his first time playing, too.

Doop

Not particularly a fan of how the characters look, but damn does the rest of the game look good. Seriously that crowd and worm looked incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom