• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jothel

I've only seen the first 5 or so minutes, but there's a point your AI lady friend just stops running, does a 90 degree turn and then runs up some stairs... What the hell happened?

Hasney

I've only seen the first 5 or so minutes, but there's a point your AI lady friend just stops running, does a 90 degree turn and then runs up some stairs... What the hell happened?

1li1sj.gif

Jintor

well, i guess i like that mass effect has some space asians in it

pity the writing... and animation... and writing seems god awful

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The problem is the eyes more than anything.

They move around really bizarrely and it doesn't feel remotely human like

Actually it's more like they don't move at all.

Like the only thing moving when they talk is their flappy mouth and an occasional blink.

JambiBum

I don't really mind the writing or the some of the animation stuff in ME so far. The writing in these games has always been hammy and not really something I play them for. As long as it gets the job done that's all I care about. The one issue I do have so far is that some of the voice actors don't really fit their characters but there's one in particular that I really enjoy so far. All I'll say is that he's a salarian. I didn't watch all of the stream so I don't know if he showed up or not

BearPawB

Banned
Everything I've seen of Ryder makes her look like an uncool doofus compared to FemShep.

I played the first mission, and you can play her as having a goofy side.

I actually liked her characterization.

Actually it's more like they don't move at all.

Like the only thing moving when they talk is their flappy mouth and an occasional blink.

they move around a LOT. Femsheps eyes are constantly darting around her entire skull in what i've played so far

lld6j5o.gif

Catvoca

Banned
I gotta wonder what the mood in Bioware is like. The devs must know how terrible the animation looks. I look forward to reading the behind the scenes story of this thing in a few months/years.

She only looks fine if you don#t consider the real person she was modeled after. Almost no resemblance. Serious case of dead face though.

That just seems like bioware went with a smoking hot model for her then later decided to make her look a bit more normal and less model-y so they just rounded her face a bunch.

LiK

I gotta wonder what the mood in Bioware is like. The devs must know how terrible the animation looks. I look forward to reading the behind the scenes story of this thing in a few months/years.

I dunno how this happened. I dunno how so many people can let this go through to a final release.

I dunno how this happened. I dunno how so many people can let this go through to a final release.
It feels like a case of development issues, a new team, and EA saying "you had 5 years to make this, you better release it this fiscal year or there will be consequences".

Hasney

It feels like a case of development issues, a new team, and EA saying "you had 5 years to make this, you better release it this fiscal year or there will be consequences".

I thought they were holding showing thing back purely for a big marketing blitz, which may still happen, but it seems they held it back as they didn't want people to actually see the goddamn game.

Hasney

Yeah nier is going to be my May game. That is if I can actually finish persona by then.

I've thought about cramming it in between when I get paid and Persona, but I'll probably get Persona early since it's a Tuesday release giving me one less weekend. Gah.

Top Bottom