• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #8 | It's a Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it him taking here?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCLPQzffdFo

Dude's into the FGC. Fucking finally.

Yes. That's where the PSNation guys knew him from. PSNation and Interactive Distractions (Indis) were popular podcasts on a site known as VGEvo (now known as Retroids). I believe both are still there on Retroids, but PSNation has sort of become it's own thing (with it's own site) out of necessity. I believe they had to do so to become eligible to cover E3.

This hire isn't really confirmed yet though, right?

Anyone have a timestamp for the podcast where they talk about this?

It's at the end. Like the last minute (before the stand-up comedy bit). At this point, it's all but confirmed. Both guys are moving to SF and PSNation was clearly informed by Jason of his hire.

I noticed on the schedule that Scoops and the Wolf will have it's normal Friday schedule. I wonder if this will be the intro of Vinny into the morning show. If so, I wonder what the new name of the show would be.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I noticed on the schedule that Scoops and the Wolf will have it's normal Friday schedule. I wonder if this will be the intro of Vinny into the morning show. If so, I wonder what the new name of the show would be.
Vincent and the Vincentians in the morning.

Some questions about the Throwback Hoodie in the GB store. Are there no pockets on this one? I know the sample illustration doesn't seem to have them but just making sure. And for any of you that bought them, how's the overall quality?

hamchan

Bombing the A.M. with Scoops and the Wolf sponsored by Vinnco.

There's a weird "end of an era" thing going on with GB right now. Although they've had a lot of changes in location etc over the years it's always been the same core guys, plus Patrick and then minus Ryan.

Now three of the editors are the other side of the country, we have two new hires coming in and the Bombcast/videos are going to be completely different.

Patrick was a great hire so I have faith these two new guys will fit in nicely, but it will be weird. I already deeply miss the Vinny/Jeff/Patrick/Brad/Ryan Bombcasts!

There's a weird "end of an era" thing going on with GB right now. Although they've had a lot of changes in location etc over the years it's always been the same core guys, plus Patrick and then minus Ryan.

Now three of the editors are the other side of the country, we have two new hires coming in and the Bombcast/videos are going to be completely different.

Patrick was a great hire so I have faith these two new guys will fit in nicely, but it will be weird. I already deeply miss the Vinny/Jeff/Patrick/Brad/Ryan Bombcasts!

Yeah, things are definitely happening. Feels like the biggest change, since GB moved into the Whiskey Media offices.
I wonder if the Bomcast is going to be Jeff/Brad/Drew/Dan/Jason as a standard now?

Myggen

Yeah, things are definitely happening. Feels like the biggest change, since GB moved into the Whiskey Media offices.
I wonder if the Bomcast is going to be Jeff/Brad/Drew/Dan/Jason as a standard now?

Jeff said that the new editor (Dan) will be a permanent member of the podcast from day 1. We haven't really heard anything about the new producer, but from the little I've heard from Jason at GI he seems like he could be a good fit on the Bombcast (he's also a big fighting games guy, and is into RPGs and such so he would add something different in terms of games he likes).

Renpatsu

Anybody got suggestions for great GB content as a result of them shaking up the core group, be it early Patrick, interns, special guests etc? In lieu of the post-E3 recuperation period I've been itching to watch something.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wouldn't it be more of an ooh sound? Isn't oe just a representation of o with an umlaut?

popo

It is like when you go to the dog pound to adopt a puppy and they are all like - these two are brother and sister and we would sure hate to split them up, they will keep each other company. I sure hope they don't shit on the carpet.

This is a sad lesson for some people on how hiring often works in the real world. Big companies like CBS have to advertise positions publicaly but likely as not the job goes to someone the person interviewing has known for years and his mate.

Torgo

On Today's PlayStation Nation podcast, Glenn Percival, the host, let it out of the bag that their friend Jason Oestreicher (of Game Informer) was hired by Giant Bomb to do video stuff. Wasn't Dan Ryckert from Game Informer too?

His Twitter account: https://twitter.com/unastrike

gF7BX4v.png

I totally fucked-up when I said that. I honestly thought that was announced officially, and I feel terrible. I violated a trust and I apologize to the parties involved. It's all on me and I take full responsibility.

I am sorry :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom